Brittney Griner Arrested For Alleged Assault, Disorderly Conduct: Report

now she too dang big to be jumping on people, she gonna find herself catching some lead doing that stuff, hopefully she pulls herself together for her own sake smh

Brittney Griner, Glory Johnson and the WNBA’s domestic violence problem

By Justin Wm. Moyer April 24 at 2:44 AM

A sports star is embroiled in a high-profile domestic violence incident. The star is widely condemned — perhaps suspended, perhaps prosecuted. And there are calls for reform.

Or, in the case of the Women’s National Basketball Association: not. After two engaged WNBA stars — Phoenix Mercury star Brittney Griner and the Tulsa Shock’s Glory Johnson — were arrested after a domestic dispute Wednesday, some are asking why the WNBA has not been scrutinized as closely as the NFL, the NBA and other professional sports leagues for what may be an endemic problem.

[Brittney Griner, fiancee arrested after domestic incident]

“Intimate partner violence among LGBT couples is also a huge problem that gets considerably less attention,” Jamilah King of Take Part wrote in a piece called “Women Pro Athletes Have a Domestic Violence Problem Too.” “. . . Last summer, they announced their engagement on Instagram. But as the details of this week’s ordeal emerge, the couple also shows that intimate partner violence within same-sex relationships is a problem that must be confronted.”

Of course, one can’t equate domestic violence in the WNBA with domestic violence in men’s professional sports. Last year, ESPN counted 48 players “considered guilty of domestic violence under league policy” in the NFL since 2000, and Bleacher Report noted nine NBA players charged with domestic assault in the past three years. Even the most creative Googling for “WNBA domestic assault” won’t return numbers like these.

Still, the league is not immune from the problem. Though WNBA players in legal trouble are not covered as closely as male pro athletes in similar jams, there were reports that Jantel Lavender of the Los Angeles Sparks was hit with a restraining order by her ex-boyfriend in 2011 after a fight; that former WNBA player Deanna “Tweety” Nolan was arrested for allegedly assaulting her wife in 2012; and in 2013, former WNBA player Chamique Holdsclaw pleaded guilty to assault after her girlfriend, another WNBA player, reported Holdsclaw shot at her SUV.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nson-and-the-wnbas-domestic-violence-problem/

This was bound to happen to Brittney and that other lesbo because they cant determine which one will be the man in that mess of a relationship. Homosexuals are sick and unstable with no discipline at all!

Homosexual accounts for 2% of the country population but yet they are leading they way in domestic violence, domestic violence that leads to the partner's death, and child molestations by and since don't ask don't tell has been removed now military sexual assaults are up too. I have actually had to threaten some homo officers that were preying on my younger junior enlisted Soldiers and I will do what I can to get them kick out. If anyone from Jackson gets mad about what I said live with it facts are facts.

Thank baby Jesus no heterosexuals have those characteristics.

Thank the Lord Jesus he will return soon to separate the sheep from the goats.

Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy.
Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the Beginning and the End

-Revelation 22:11-13

Brittney Griner, Glory Johnson and the WNBA’s domestic violence problem

By Justin Wm. Moyer April 24 at 2:44 AM

A sports star is embroiled in a high-profile domestic violence incident. The star is widely condemned — perhaps suspended, perhaps prosecuted. And there are calls for reform.

Or, in the case of the Women’s National Basketball Association: not. After two engaged WNBA stars — Phoenix Mercury star Brittney Griner and the Tulsa Shock’s Glory Johnson — were arrested after a domestic dispute Wednesday, some are asking why the WNBA has not been scrutinized as closely as the NFL, the NBA and other professional sports leagues for what may be an endemic problem.

[Brittney Griner, fiancee arrested after domestic incident]

“Intimate partner violence among LGBT couples is also a huge problem that gets considerably less attention,” Jamilah King of Take Part wrote in a piece called “Women Pro Athletes Have a Domestic Violence Problem Too.” “. . . Last summer, they announced their engagement on Instagram. But as the details of this week’s ordeal emerge, the couple also shows that intimate partner violence within same-sex relationships is a problem that must be confronted.”

Of course, one can’t equate domestic violence in the WNBA with domestic violence in men’s professional sports. Last year, ESPN counted 48 players “considered guilty of domestic violence under league policy” in the NFL since 2000, and Bleacher Report noted nine NBA players charged with domestic assault in the past three years. Even the most creative Googling for “WNBA domestic assault” won’t return numbers like these.

Still, the league is not immune from the problem. Though WNBA players in legal trouble are not covered as closely as male pro athletes in similar jams, there were reports that Jantel Lavender of the Los Angeles Sparks was hit with a restraining order by her ex-boyfriend in 2011 after a fight; that former WNBA player Deanna “Tweety” Nolan was arrested for allegedly assaulting her wife in 2012; and in 2013, former WNBA player Chamique Holdsclaw pleaded guilty to assault after her girlfriend, another WNBA player, reported Holdsclaw shot at her SUV.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nson-and-the-wnbas-domestic-violence-problem/

You won't hear about it either to the level of the NFL or NBA and those sports popularity have nothing to do with it. Domestic violence is domestic violence.

Thank the Lord Jesus he will return soon to separate the sheep from the goats.

Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy.
Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the Beginning and the End

-Revelation 22:11-13

Where were these bible verses when NFL players were slapping around their ladies?

Where were these bible verses when NFL players were slapping around their ladies.

"Husbands Love your wives as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her."

Ephesians 5: 25

Meaning a man should be ever willing to die for his wife just as Christ died for you. So obviously a real man would never beat up on a woman that he claims that he loves. However women today look for men like this and wonder why he is mistreating her. Well, if you lie down with dogs expect to catch fleas.

Since you brought up NFL players. Why the WNBA have not suspended these women? You want equal treatment right? If Hardy gets a 10 game suspension for domestic violence in which the charges was later dropped; then should Brittney and Glory get suspended while their charges still pending? Should the WNBA make them do commercials about domestic violence?

Why black folks are so willing to defend all these homo groups, and they are absent on issues concerning the black community? When the police killing us one by one, why the homo groups don't come out and say something to condemn it?

Don't they consider themselves a minority group?

Where are your beloved prancing elites and GLADD or other LGBT?

I'll tell you they don't care about you they only care about their agenda. We will get pissed at the baker who would refuse to make a cake for two men. Yet I have not seen any gay rights group take a stand for young black men to have a right exist in America. Right now Baltimore is in flames and the homos that you are defending are camping out at capitol hill anxiously waiting on the supreme court to make gay marriage legal.

We are so foolish. We will fight to get sorority sisters off the air because they are considered shameful to some Greek letters (not because of the image it would portray on black women), but when those prancing men that want to be J-settes get a reality show. A show with the sole purpose to make the black man look effeminate as possible we are in full support of that sick mess.

Back