"B'ham's Legion Field could get dome"!

lets face it, Birmingham ain't the place...there aren't alot of people there with SWAC ties who are used to going out to these type of events...a different type of negro lives there....

if BHam was so happening, why did Auburn and Alabama stop playing a game there?

the city has proven its support with the lack of fans at the football, baseball and basketball tournaments...what more do they need to realize it ain't happening

It must have been "happenin'" enough for ESPN to approach the B'ham city council and Chamber of Commerce about Legion Field hosting a bowl game that the network has AGREED to broadcast. :retard:

It must have been "happenin'" enough for ESPN to approach the B'ham city council and Chamber of Commerce about Legion Field hosting a bowl game that the network has AGREED to broadcast. :retard:

Is that game a HBCU game or another "Who give's a crap" bowl game for two 1A PWC's?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's a BOWL game that will receive a NATIONAL broadcast. Did ESPN or any other network approach the folks in Jackson about a bowl game in Memorial?

It's a BOWL game that will receive a NATIONAL broadcast. Did ESPN or any other network approach the folks in Jackson about a bowl game in Memorial?

Nope .............................And hope they won't!!
Who needs to see Slippery Rock and Bugtussle in some BS Bowl game in a already overcrowded market of bowl games

Man....................When it comes to Bamma Central, you act like them people actually care bout the SWAC there.
The Championship game is just a way for them to keep Legion Field open and make a few dollars.
If they were serious, they would have at least made an effort to make it a nice weekend like the classics.

If it's not Bamma, Auburn, or the SEC, them MoFo's over there don't give a shat and you know it.

lets face it, Birmingham ain't the place...there aren't alot of people there with SWAC ties who are used to going out to these type of events...a different type of negro lives there....

if BHam was so happening, why did Auburn and Alabama stop playing a game there?

the city has proven its support with the lack of fans at the football, baseball and basketball tournaments...what more do they need to realize it ain't happening

People ain't going to Bham becasue it Bham. I will be in Bham with Bell's on (no pun intended) if JSU goes but if it were in Houston, I would likely make it a trip regardless of who is playin!! But, that's just me. We know that Houston is bad for the BAMA's but with JSU about to take this thing over, Houston or Jackson would be the place. Could you imagine a SCG in Jackson with JSU in it!!! With the Alcorn and Valley fans, we could probably play PV and still get 45K +

Houston is bad for the BAMA's but BAMA is bad for everyone else.

Compared to classics ........................ANY CLASSICS....................what in the heck has the city done for event's at the SCG?

When the SHC hit's Memphis.......................EVERYTHING THERE IS GEARED TOWARDS THAT GAME.
The entire city is catering to it and has bought into it.
When the SHC moved to Chicago 1 freaking year, Memphis had a stroke and made dang sure it would be in Memphis that next year.

The B.C......................New Orleans do the same thing.
The city is geared towards that weekend.

What has B-Ham done except sponser a Battle of the Bands AT THE GAME.
Ya'll really need to get off this "Protect Bamma" shat.

B-Ham is just not the place that people want to go to...................Face it.
Save the Jackson/ Colonel Memorial crap also.

ummm stagga,
I take it that you're smart enough to realize that regular season classics (featuring the same teams, in the same city, every year) have a built in advantage over the SCG.

Please don't think that a SCG in Houston (or any of the other places yall "suggest" every other week) will pull in numbers that rival these classics.

ummm stagga,
I take it that you're smart enough to realize that regular season classics (featuring the same teams, in the same city, every year) have a built in advantage over the SCG.

Please don't think that a SCG in Houston (or any of the other places yall "suggest" every other week) will pull in numbers that rival these classics.

I think they would/could. You just have to get the right demographic...we would already have 20-30K people locked in at inception. How to get a consistent 30K more would require some thought and indulgence just like any other festival-like atmosphere. The main thing is to make it a destination of SWAC fans.....with family and friends of each school along with the Houston community, it could work. I used to bring friends from ATL to Bham with me even when JSU was not playing. However, it would be hard to get my friends from all over the country to meet me in Bham. Houston would be an easier sell....

...and that's the bottom line.

We all need to write the commish and say this:

The only fans interested in keeping the SCG in Bham are those from that BAMA azz state your conference HQ is located in. Is there any progress in moving it so that the other EIGHT schools can have a place they WANT to go??

Thanks in advance.

No smack intended but Jackson would have to be out of the picture if some of you are talking about having it in Memorial stadium!!!!

ummm stagga,

Bammas.........................I'm not getting into another border pi$$ing match over wich DIXIE state gives more of a shat about the SWAC than the next.

Bottom line is people are not going to B-Ham.
Ain't a dang thang you can do to dispute that.

Time for a change.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is there any progress in moving it so that the other EIGHT schools can have a place they WANT to go??
There are 2 SWAC schools in the Houston area. Obviously these schools have attendance out the arse (from visiting fans), seeing how everybody "wants to go" to Houston, right?

No smack intended but Jackson would have to be out of the picture if some of you are talking about having it in Memorial stadium!!!!

I said that in an earlier post because it is NOT a netural site.
People would act like the world would end if it is held on JSU's turf.

I said it was the BEST LOCATION only.

..also, as far as I know, Memorial does not fly the confederate flag. It is still on the state flag so if you don't want to come to MS, drive around it.

There are 2 SWAC schools in the Houston area. Obviously these schools have attendance out the arse (from visiting fans), seeing how everybody "wants to go" to Houston, right?

If they had decent teams, I think so. This ain't a PV/TxSo issue. JSU and TxSo had an overflow crowd last week (even though it was a small stadium) and as I understand it, JSU had more people there than TxSO. People will go to Houston. Basing in on if they will come to see their team play two of the worst teams in the county (both in 5K stadiums) is an unfair comparison. Also, PV ain't in Houston. :D

I said that in an earlier post because it is NOT a netural site.
People would act like the world would end if it is held on JSU's turf.

I said it was the BEST LOCATION only.

Who gives a rats azz if the attendance is good. Besides, they come on here every week saying it ain't ours anyway. We can just cover up the HOME OF THE JSU TIGERS lettering. :D

..also, as far as I know, Memorial does not fly the confederate flag. It is still on the state flag so if you don't want to come to MS, drive around it.

It's State property so they fly the STATE FLAG.
MoFo's kill me talking bout that shat.

I could care less bout that damm flag.
They can fly it all day long........................Not gonna affect me or my day cause I don't GAF about it.

But like you said....................If a M-F'in peice of cloth affect's you that much, then don't come for the REGULAR SEASON GAME.:lmao:

All these nutt's go to school in the south and they act like Memorial is the only place they ever see that shat. :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Bottom line is people are not going to B-Ham.
Ain't a dang thang you can do to dispute that.
You also can't dispute that the SCG has always drawn over 20K. No school in the SWAC avgs. that much.

Folks need to be real. WE aint about to draw 70K folks for a game in December (when the teams won't even be known until a week or 2 prior).

JSU and TxSo had an overflow crowd last week (even though it was a small stadium) and as I understand it, JSU had more people there than TxSO.
The attendance was 4687. And you're holding that up to be "an overflow crowd", but yet sneeze at a game that has always pulled over 20K (in the dead of winter, in Bham)

Again, let's keep it real.

Back