Best TV for watching HBCU football?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would choose the projection TV. Projection TV - slightly better picture because it uses the DLP chip that is made by TI (Intel is hurridly trying to develop a chip similar to the DLP); lower repair costs; but, it is thicker than plasma or LCD.

None of the above if it is not being broadcast in High Definition. Very few games are shot in HD so no need to purchase a plasma, LCD or DLP tv to watch just HBCU football. The networks that broadcast HBCU football typcially will show up a little grainy on the above mention types of tv's.

:topic: :topic: :topic: Is it true that SU basketball team will be playing UGA, Uni of Florida, and Wisconsin?

pantherprowl said:
I would choose the projection TV. Projection TV - slightly better picture because it uses the DLP chip that is made by TI (Intel is hurridly trying to develop a chip similar to the DLP); lower repair costs; but, it is thicker than plasma or LCD.

Actually Intel abandoned its effort to make their LCOS chip due to TI's growing market share and its underestimation of the complexity to fabricate the chip.

I will be watching on DLP.

catdaddy is correct. The LCD & DLP projections show just as good as plasma but don't expect many HBCU games to be in HD. NBC didn't even show the Bayou Classic in HD last year. HDNET showed the SCG in HD a couple years ago and you could really see the difference.

I purcased a 42" Philips plasma in Mar and can hardly wait for the season. I have basic cable but will upgrade to digital before the season starts.

Keno1970 said:
I purcased a 42" Philips plasma in Mar and can hardly wait for the season. I have basic cable but will upgrade to digital before the season starts.

You will need more than digital. Get the HD Package to get the most bang for your buck with a Plasma TV.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back