Bell suspended one game for takedown of Bryant

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bluedog said:
It's more like Kobe envy not hate. He hate him because he ain't him.

:xeye:

Statements like that go beyond "groupie" status. Lord forbid I ever get this enamored with a basketball player....of all people.

Retaliation is usually what the referees see. If Bell was hit earlier, no one saw it. The fact that he flops a lot didn't help, either.... But you have to flop in the league to get the refs attention..... Double-edged sword.....

The conversation is about KOBE BEAN BRYANT!! But since you brought it up thats why Robert Horry will most likely be considered the BEST PLAYOFF three point threat! Hence the name BIG SHOT ROB!!!!:topic: :topic:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Well first I'm pissed because my comment on Kobe was deleted...

So I'll say it in a nicer way since the moderators swing from Kobe's scrotum. Kobe will never be a Michael Jordan, nor will he ever get the endorsements that he had, back. He is for choice of better words....LAME. Now the refs are protecting him as they usually do.

LAME, he is.

A broad. . . Perhaps. Especially for the Shaq / Police deal

HOWEVER,
What SOG is saying is 100% accurate. Kobe throws elbows, Malone did, Jordan did, Kareem did etc, etc, etc. IT'S PART OF THE GAME and if a foul is called, no one complains. Just be a man and STHU or elbow him back. Bell lost his cool, then he lost his mind and now he'll be at home while Kobe elbows his back-up.

SAME OLD G said:
You make this sound as if Kobe had an issue with the contact.

It was a general statement. Kobe didn't complain about it, but the media did in its own special way.

I find it funny when there's this general outpouring of condemnation when a role player has the gaul to challenge/compete with a star :scared: , or has the nerve to expect to be treated (at least somewhat fairly) by the refs. :what: Why is that?? I'm certainly not condoning Bell's behavior, but a man has a right to defend himself. If there was a mind game being played, Kobe won it.

What I'd like to know is.... why are people surprised? How would the average Joe respond to a barrage of (frustration) elbows?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Do you all actually think the Lakers are going to be in the finals?

No actually I think it'll be Dallas vs Detroit but that doesn't change the fact that Kobe has acommplish at least one goal that the Kobe haters said he wouldn't by getting the Lakers to the playoffs.

AAMU Alum said:
:xeye:

Statements like that go beyond "groupie" status. Lord forbid I ever get this enamored with a basketball player....of all people.

Negraw please............

Jag-BR said:
A GAME 7. :redhot: :redhot

Lakers' management needS to apologize to Kobe Bryant for putting that garbage around him. Kobe should have never passed the ball in the fourth quarter. Everytime he gave it up, it was either a turnover or a bad pass. Kwame Brown could not catch a pass and Smush Parker was a disaster waiting to happen. Defensively, both Parker and Odom looked entirely lost out there. That rebound by Marion over Lamar Odom before the Tim Thomas three was huge. Odom's stats may look good but his overall play in this game was just like his overall play this season - INCONSISTENT

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DonTiger said:
LAME, he is.

A broad. . . Perhaps. Especially for the Shaq / Police deal

HOWEVER,
What SOG is saying is 100% accurate. Kobe throws elbows, Malone did, Jordan did, Kareem did etc, etc, etc. IT'S PART OF THE GAME and if a foul is called, no one complains. Just be a man and STHU or elbow him back. Bell lost his cool, then he lost his mind and now he'll be at home while Kobe elbows his back-up.

You called it; Barbosa had to get stiches!

jag4life said:
If you saw that play it was obviously not intentional

I did see the play and it was not intentional. Barbosa did not complain or cry. I just went on and got his stiches. However, after that, the refs seemed to call things a bit closer (just in case, I guess).

SUNS IN 7!!!

Back