Bell suspended one game for takedown of Bryant

Well that was a given, after they lose Thursday he'll learn hopefully that 90% of any game is mental and that he has to be smarter.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If the NBA can suspend Artest for throwing an elbow, why not Kobe. Bell got tired of Kobe throwing elbows. Officials were smart by calling a 2nd tech on Kobe to take the focus off of what he was doing.

MightyDog said:
If the NBA can suspend Artest for throwing an elbow, why not Kobe. Bell got tired of Kobe throwing elbows. Officials were smart by calling a 2nd tech on Kobe to take the focus off of what he was doing.

from ESPN:

"I have no respect for him," Bell said. "I think he's a pompous, arrogant individual."

Bell said he had been repeatedly hit in the face by Bryant during the game.

"I got a bruised cheek here and I can barely open my jaw on this side," he said, indicating the left side of his face, "and that didn't come from nowhere, and I felt like I'd had enough of that."

Bell said it went from a game to a personal insult.

"When I get hit in the face multiple times, you've stepped across the line with me," he said. "It's not basketball anymore. It was basketball for four games, then when he hit me in the face, that was the last straw last night. It still doesn't excuse me, but that's just the way I felt about it."

At the other end of the court just before Bell threw Bryant down, the Suns guard said he complained to referee Greg Willard about getting hit in the face, and Lakers coach Phil Jackson hollered out that Bell "deserved it," adding a profanity to emphasize the point.

That's why Bell pointed to the Lakers' bench yelling "That's your foul!" after he threw Bryant down.

You can blame the officials for this kind of thing. When they allow certain actions from certain players to continue on the court, they are asking for retaliation. They must accept their part in this.

But Kobe's "elbows" were not really that. Raja was flopping all series just from Kobe barely touching him.

Naturally, a Kobe fan would say that. I saw that game, and he connected while swinging pretty hard if you ask me! I'm not necessarily a fan of either player...or their teams for that matter...but wrong is wrong.

AAMU Alum said:
Naturally, a Kobe fan would say that. I saw that game, and he connected while swinging pretty hard if you ask me! I'm not necessarily a fan of either player...or their teams for that matter...but wrong is wrong.

Oh yeah that one play where it happened... and he hit him but it wasn't that hard. But Bell flopped at least 5 times before that one.

I see the marqui players can still do no wrong in the NBA. I thought it was interesting that ESPN didn't bother to show the events that lead-up to the clothesline. If you didn't watch the game, the highlights would make you think Raja Bell was an '89 Piston.

I agree with Alum. I could care less for either of these teams, but Raja Bell didn't do what he did without provocation. (Neither does Bell have a track record for dirty play, mind you.) Wrong is wrong, and if you're man enough to dish out cheap shots you need to be man enough to deal with the probable retaliation.

HBCUs said:
(Neither does Bell have a track record for dirty play, mind you.) Wrong is wrong, and if you're man enough to dish out cheap shots you need to be man enough to deal with the probable retaliation.
OK...so whats your point? Kobe is not complaining about the cheap shots.

If anything, Kobe probably knew that Bell didn't have the mental mindset to play within the game and he worked on his weakness. How the hell do you ***** about elbows? Hell, Karl Malone made his career off of throwing elbows. Thowing elbows ain't nothing new.

Hey Bell...its the playoffs bruh. Deal with it. :lol:

HBCUs said:
Wrong is wrong, and if you're man enough to dish out cheap shots you need to be man enough to deal with the probable retaliation.

Kobe ain't complaining. He said he hoped Bell didn't get suspended.

If you watched the game, you'd see that the elbow Kobe hit him with hit him in the shoulder and not the face.

Dude, I can't believe you Kobe haters are in here talking about elbows. You people act as if elbow thorwing is something that Kobe (the Great) made up. Why don't you all just admit that Bell had a mental breakdown and is simply not on Kobe's level...but wait, that would be too much like right.

I went to about 15 games and out of those games about 10 of them Raja and the person he was guarding almost came to blows, Raja is dirty but since he is a Sun I tend to overlook that. My theory is that if you are going to go out like that at least bloody his nose. Gets your game salary's worth.

By the way....SUNS in 7!

Raja / Kobe?
Raja / Kobe?

Who is Raja Bell? A DAYUM NOBODY. Phoniex can win a game w/out Raja Bell. He is a JOURNEY MAN who is lucky to be in the NBA. He is suppose to take elbows. We all know dog on well that any time a NOBODY steps up to a superstar, the NOBODY will lose.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SAME OLD G said:
Dude, I can't believe you Kobe haters are in here talking about elbows. You people act as if elbow thorwing is something that Kobe (the Great) made up. Why don't you all just admit that Bell had a mental breakdown and is simply not on Kobe's level...but wait, that would be too much like right.

Kobe haters? That's a rich one, there!

Like I said, I'm not a fan of EITHER player or the teams they play on, but some of you Kobe groupies who thinks that he can walk the water are really a hoot! :lol: I don't know what's funnier...some of y'all, or that Sprite commercial from some years ago where those psedo gangstas was "rappin'" about ridin' his (Kobe's) and Duncan's nads. I used to get a chuckle out of that one everytime I saw it!

SAME OLD G said:
OK...so whats your point? Kobe is not complaining about the cheap shots.

Maybe because he was the one who initiated the cheap shots. I wouldn't complain either if I hit someone and they (rightly) hit me back.

HBCUs said:
Maybe because he was the one who initiated the cheap shots. I wouldn't complain either if I hit someone and they (rightly) hit me back.

You can hit people in basketball, you'll just be called for a foul. You can't CLOTHESLINE people without post-game penalties.

HBCUs said:
Wrong is wrong, and if you're man enough to dish out cheap shots you need to be man enough to deal with the probable retaliation.
You make this sound as if Kobe had an issue with the contact.

Raja Bell allowed his hatred for Kobe get the best of him and now it could possibly cost the Suns the series. Raja allowed Kobe to win the battle of the minds. :smash:

This is sad. His team was clearly winning. The whole game they were elbowing and pushing each other. He let Kobe get the best of him and he made himself look stupid in the process. These people are getting paid millions. Why be mad??

Well first I'm pissed because my comment on Kobe was deleted...

So I'll say it in a nicer way since the moderators swing from Kobe's scrotum. Kobe will never be a Michael Jordan, nor will he ever get the endorsements that he had, back. He is for choice of better words....LAME. Now the refs are protecting him as they usually do.

Dr. Sweet Nupe, I agree with you. Raja should have never let hatred for a person get in the way of what the team is trying to accomplish. Raja was making Kobe work for everything and now he will cost the Suns because the best defender on Kobe is now on the bench because he could not control the hatred he has for Kobe. Raja allowed Kobe to win the battle of the minds. :smash:

PsychoJag said:
These people are getting paid millions. Why be mad??
PJ, I make enough to take care of my family and I'm sure you are well off also, but how many times can I elbow you to the face?

wahines said:
Dr. Sweet Nupe, I agree with you. Raja should have never let hatred for a person get in the way of what the team is trying to accomplish. Raja was making Kobe work for everything and now he will cost the Suns because the best defender on Kobe is now on the bench because he could not control the hatred he has for Kobe. Raja allowed Kobe to win the battle of the minds. :smash:

I was just about to say that....Bell was holding Kobe doing what he needed to do while getting beat down in the face. The refs took a blind eye because Kobe is Phil's BOY.....and nobody messes with Phil's BOY.

Back