BCF CONFERENCE CHAMP PREDICTIONS-2005

Donald K. Willi

I predict the SWAC crown will be won by either Grambling State or Southern University.
I predict the MEAC crown will be worn by the SCSU Bulldogs or the Hampton Pirates.
I predict that the NCCU Eagles will wear the CIAA crown.
And either Tuskegee University or Fort Valley State University will wear the SIAC crown.
YOUR PREDICTIONS PLEASE.

Butch Wms. said:
I predict the SWAC crown will be won by either Grambling State or Southern University.
I predict the MEAC crown will be worn by the SCSU Bulldogs or the Hampton Pirates.
And either Tuskegee University or Fort Valley State University will wear the SIAC crown.
YOUR PREDICTIONS PLEASE.
SWAC-Southern U
MEAC-Hampton
CIAA-NCCU Eagles
SIAC-Tuskegee

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man, just imagine a Bowl double header with the SWAC-MEAC champ game and the SIAC-CIAA champ game.

MikeBigg said:
Man, just imagine a Bowl double header with the SWAC-MEAC champ game and the SIAC-CIAA champ game.
The MEAC, SIAC and CIAA Champs will be in the NCAA Playoffs...

SWAC- ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY

MEAC - SOUTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVESITY

CIAA- DONT KNOW

SIAC- TUSKEGEE

TO B 1, ASK 1

P.H.A. THE ONLY WAY

I predict the SWAC crown will be won by Grambling State
I predict the MEAC crown will be won by SCSU Bulldogs
Fort Valley State University will wear the SIAC crown.

Ralph said:
The MEAC, SIAC and CIAA Champs will be in the NCAA Playoffs...

That's why I said, "imagine". Best of luck to them in the playoffs...hope they don't go broke on that venture.

MikeBigg said:
That's why I said, "imagine". Best of luck to them in the playoffs...hope they don't go broke on that venture.
No one has so far but many have gotten rich! Of the four you mentioned only one is the Conference of this site and that same one is the only one not participating in the playoffs... :eek:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ralph said:
No one has so far but many have gotten rich! Of the four you mentioned only one is the Conference of this site and that same one is the only one not participating in the playoffs... :eek:

Ralph,

I have nothing against the playoff concept nor the teams that choose to participate. It just doesn't work for Grambling.

Ralph said:

Ralph, other than you and your 1AA cronnies whoelse has gotten rich in the playoffs. Division 2 and 3 is the only true playoff in college football. IMO the playoff in 1AA isn't working for anybody but, the A10 and the other chosen ones that have connections inside the Hierarchy of 1AA. Before there was 1AA, there was an Eddie Robinson and others that saw where this was all headed and they chose what was best for their individual programs, not to participate. :shame:

CATMENDUE2 said:
... Before there was 1AA, there was an Eddie Robinson and others that saw where this was all headed and they chose what was best for their individual programs, not to participate.
There has never been a "1AA" it has always been I-AA. Mr. Robinson certainly lead his Grambling squad into the playoffs a few times. I do not dispute what programs choose to do. I just want the best D-I squads to participate in their championships. The SWAC does in every other sport don't they? It is rare that a school loses money in football playoffs at the D-I level though it is rare that a school doesn't lose money in every other D-I playoffs excluding basketball. :smug2:

Ralph said:
There has never been a "1AA" it has always been I-AA. Mr. Robinson certainly lead his Grambling squad into the playoffs a few times. I do not dispute what programs choose to do. I just want the best D-I squads to participate in their championships. The SWAC does in every other sport don't they? It is rare that a school loses money in football playoffs at the D-I level though it is rare that a school doesn't lose money in every other D-I playoffs excluding basketball. :smug2:

So Ralph, tell me what JMU got except a trophy and bragging rights to show for its participation in the Playoffs. Most of the 1AA conferences are losing money every year and you know it, and a lot of them aren't being quiet about it either. :shame:

CATMENDUE2 said:
So Ralph, tell me what JMU got except a trophy and bragging rights to show for its participation in the Playoffs. Most of the 1AA conferences are losing money every year...
I posted the article on AGS that the JMU AD said they were making thousands of dollars every playoff game... and they were all on the road. Most every school outside of the big BCS ones are losing money on football (it's a large participation sport) but it's not because of the playoffs. Sorry to stop your shaking head. :eek:

Ralph said:
I posted the article on AGS that the JMU AD said they were making thousands of dollars every playoff game... and they were all on the road. Most every school outside of the big BCS ones are losing money on football (it's a large participation sport) but it's not because of the playoffs. Sorry to stop your shaking head. :eek:

This don't deserve a reply, thousands of dollars. How many scholarships will that pay for. :rolleyes:

Back