Barry ties the Babe...

GRAM4LIFE

mlb_a_bonds_275.jpg

fein-nat-babe-ruth-bows-out-9903681.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060520/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_bonds714

:flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy:
Talk radio host everywhere are slitting their wrist now.:nod:
:flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy: :flippy:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
now that the steroid king has tied the babe he needs to hit one more and then retire. wouldn't be justice for him to get close to henry aaron.

OnlySU said:
I'm happy for Barry.....Hope he tops Hank...:flippy:

I wanted him to pass Babe. But not Aaron. Hank is just the man. He deserves to be King. In my opinion more so than Barry and it has nothing to do with the Steroid allegations cause I could care less about that. Just a big Aaron fan is all.

staggalee83 said:
Talk radio host everywhere are slitting their wrist now
more like ignoring the non-event... :flamethro LOL!

102 days until the season starts...

JR said:
I wanted him to pass Babe. But not Aaron. Hank is just the man. He deserves to be King. In my opinion more so than Barry and it has nothing to do with the Steroid allegations cause I could care less about that. Just a big Aaron fan is all.

I'm a Hank Aaron fan too and he's my frat brother but I still want Barry to pass him because clearly Barry is the greatest baseball player ever regardless of his attitude.

PsychoJag said:
I'm a Hank Aaron fan too and he's my frat brother but I still want Barry to pass him because clearly Barry is the greatest baseball player ever regardless of his attitude.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Ralph said:

You should know all about that :lmao:

<embed src="mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2006/open/tp/archive05/052006_sfnoak_bonds_hr_714_radio_tp_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&event_pk=496556&product=mlb_tp">

Ralph said:

Be honest....................your a dow-low stalker arn't you.:cool:

All these people and you quote me and only me then byotch
like a hooker on 2 boards when I respond.:shame:

You guys are forgetting one thing.There's more to playing baseball than hitting homeruns.Even though he has hit more homeruns than they have but he will never be the all around player that Mays,Aaron,Robinson and Clemente were.
Qualities a great player must possess:
1.Hit
2.Hit with power
3.Run
4.Throw
5.Field
When you talk about the greatest,these qualities are what he should be judged by.

Butch Wms. said:
You guys are forgetting one thing.There's more to playing baseball than hitting homeruns.Even though he has hit more homeruns than they have but he will never be the all around player that Mays,Aaron,Robinson and Clemente were.
1.Hit
2.Hit with power
3.Run
4.Throw
5.Field
When you talk about the greatest,these qualities are what he should be judged by.

Let's not bring this thread somewhere it's not directed please. This is about a home run chase not who's the greatest baseball player. :rolleyes:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ralph said:

If it's so much of a non event why is ESPN TV & Radio going to wherever Barry is playing every time he comes up to bat?

Fiyah said:
If it's so much of a non event why is ESPN TV & Radio going to wherever Barry is playing every time he comes up to bat?
As if espn is proof of event worthiness... :smh: Check out their I-AA schedule.

Butch Wms. said:
1.Hit
2.Hit with power
3.Run
4.Throw
5.Field

You're forgetting that Barry has excelled at all of the above. Hitting, baserunning (member of the exclusive 40/40 club), and fielding.

PsychoJag said:
You're forgetting that Barry has excelled at all of the above. Hitting, baserunning (member of the exclusive 40/40 club), and fielding.

Butch Wms must have only started watching Barry in 2002.

PsychoJag said:

Hank a Bruh?

I want him to pass Babe Ruth so he can STFU.

Butch Wms. said:
1.Hit
2.Hit with power
3.Run
4.Throw
5.Field
Apparently, YOU need to check the stats again.

GRAM4LIFE said:
Here's your ESPN:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060512

By Patrick Hruby
Page 2

Heads turned. The ball bid the park adieu. With a single, violent swing of his bat, Barry Bonds made baseball history Saturday in Oakland, climbing one home run closer to the immortal Willie Mays. Six hundred sixteen home runs. It's a mind-numbing number, a body of work to rival Tupac's posthumous releases. Congratulations are in order.

Wait. Hold up.

You say Bonds actually has 714 career home runs?

Er, no. Good one. But no. Sure, if you want to get all technical, there's no arguing that Bonds has forcefully redirected 714 pitches into home run territory over his 21 major-league seasons. Yet according to the ziggurat of evidence compiled in the book "Game of Shadows," Bonds also ingested a Mexican farmacia's worth of performance-enhancing drugs during his peak slugging period, making some of those dingers less authentic than country crooner Kenny Rogers' reconstructed face. ...

Ralph said:
Here's your ESPN:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/060512

By Patrick Hruby
Page 2

Heads turned. The ball bid the park adieu. With a single, violent swing of his bat, Barry Bonds made baseball history Saturday in Oakland, climbing one home run closer to the immortal Willie Mays. Six hundred sixteen home runs. It's a mind-numbing number, a body of work to rival Tupac's posthumous releases. Congratulations are in order.

Wait. Hold up.

You say Bonds actually has 714 career home runs?

Er, no. Good one. But no. Sure, if you want to get all technical, there's no arguing that Bonds has forcefully redirected 714 pitches into home run territory over his 21 major-league seasons. Yet according to the ziggurat of evidence compiled in the book "Game of Shadows," Bonds also ingested a Mexican farmacia's worth of performance-enhancing drugs during his peak slugging period, making some of those dingers less authentic than country crooner Kenny Rogers' reconstructed face. ...

The Greatest of All Time!!!!

If you're gonna put an * by Barry's name then baseball should be spelled b*seb*ll.

Back