Bama State - One Touchdown

cetmo

CIO
Just looking over the last three weeks in Bama State's Football season. I can sum it all in one sentence:

All we needed was 1 more Touchdown to be in the SWAC Championship Game. ONLY 1 TOUCHDOWN.

For a powerful offense, that sounds like a piece of cake. We lost all 3 SWAC games by less that 1 touchdown. That is just so ironic. After the Grambling win, we then need A&M to lose a game, but you get the point.

Just wanted to emphasize the seriousness of all those 3rd Down and 2 situations where we threw an incomplete pass, all those penalties, and uninspiring clock management. I think Randolph (FB) could have been the X Factor that could have won at least one of those games for us. A whole season washed away b/c we didn't score 1 touchdown.

However, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ALABAMA A&M BULLDOGS. You stepped it up when you needed. Good luck!

cetmo said:
For a powerful offense, that sounds like a piece of cake. We lost all 3 SWAC games by less that 1 touchdown. That is just so ironic. After the Grambling win, we then need A&M to lose a game, but you get the point.

You do realize that Spears called of the dogs on Bama don't you?

Again........I hate to say it but it is coaching. If you gave Dean Pete the same team, they would be undefeated. I don't wish you all bad luck but it will not get any better. Many people discount what LC Cole was establishing. Coe will not be able to maintain. He will not get the personnel that Cole was able to attract.

Mach,

Although I agree with most of the comments you post, I must disagree with you on this one. Spears and the rest of the coaches were scared as hell in the second half. Spears, Robinson and Sammie all told me that. They only scored one touchdown in the second half on ASU and that was set up by the long kickoff return to open the second half.

JROCK said:
Again........I hate to say it but it is coaching. If you gave Dean Pete the same team, they would be undefeated. I don't wish you all bad luck but it will not get any better. Many people discount what LC Cole was establishing. Coe will not be able to maintain. He will not get the personnel that Cole was able to attract.
Not that I would ever want James Bell as our coach but if he were our coach we would have easily won the East with our offensive personnel. He may not be the smartest coach in the world but Randolph and Williams would have been like Csonka and Mercury Morris under Bell.

enswaclopedia said:
Not that I would ever want James Bell as our coach but if he were our coach we would have easily won the East with our offensive personnel. He may not be the smartest coach in the world but Randolph and Williams would have been like Csonka and Mercury Morris under Bell.

I hate to make the comment because the man has taken enough of a beating. However, I will. :lol: James Bell could smuck up a wet dream. If you gave that clown Randolph and Williams he would probably change Bama State's offense to one that is pass oriented. :lol: Yall better hope Pete don't ever get his hands on two people like that. :lol:

MACHIAVELLI said:
What is to stop him?

When has anyone in the league last had a combo like those two (if you're honest with yourself)? I don't think it is an easy endeavor to get two talented backs like those two. You are right though........nothing is stopping him........it takes hard work and sometimes a little luck.

Everytime Bama A*M go the SCG they play *ram, but when Bama St go they play SU. :what: :what:

cetmo said:
Just looking over the last three weeks in Bama State's Football season. I can sum it all in one sentence:

All we needed was 1 more Touchdown to be in the SWAC Championship Game. ONLY 1 TOUCHDOWN.

Just wanted to emphasize the seriousness of all those 3rd Down and 2 situations where we threw an incomplete pass, all those penalties, and uninspiring clock management. I think Randolph (FB) could have been the X Factor that could have won at least one of those games for us. A whole season washed away b/c we didn't score 1 touchdown.

However, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ALABAMA A&M BULLDOGS. You stepped it up when you needed. Good luck!

Great Assessment! I think ASU could have won every game they lost over the past 2 years with better coaching. The talent was there. Oh well.

hornetboy01 said:
Great Assessment! I think ASU could have won every game they lost over the past 2 years with better coaching. The talent was there. Oh well.

Most of the SWAC could say this with our coaching .... or lack thereof.

Back