ASU Approved to Accept Students Into New Prosthetics and Orthotics Master’s Program

Olde Hornet

http://www.alasu.edu/news/news-details/index.aspx?nid=869

Alabama State University has received candidacy for accreditation for its Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics (MSPO) from the National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE).

The approval will allow ASU’s College of Health Sciences (COHS) to begin accepting students into the new degree program this fall.

Dr. John Chad Duncan, director of the ASU’s MSPO program, said the approval is a significant milestone.

“We are extremely excited about receiving the candidacy for accreditation. Not only are we the only university in Alabama offering the degree, we are now one of only 11 universities in the country to offer this program,â€￾ Duncan said. “ASU is also the only HBCU offering the MSPO.â€￾

Re: ASU Approved to Accept Students Into New Prosthetics and Orthotics Master’s Progr

:tup: :tup:

Re: ASU Approved to Accept Students Into New Prosthetics and Orthotics Master’s Progr

Very Nice!!:tup:

I love the vision going on at Bama St. I wish we had leadership who thought outside the box. We all need to be offering programs that other schools in our area aren't. I have never figured out why AAMU has not gone after programs no one offers in North Alabama. For instance there are no law school, no Vet school, no aquatic science program things of that nature that would make us more diverse in North Alabama and keep folks in this area home. HBCU's have to start thinking out the box and cover these markets to grow!!!.

I love the vision going on at Bama St. I wish we had leadership who thought outside the box. We all need to be offering programs that other schools in our area aren't. I have never figured out why AAMU has not gone after programs no one offers in North Alabama. For instance there are no law school, no Vet school, no aquatic science program things of that nature that would make us more diverse in North Alabama and keep folks in this area home. HBCU's have to start thinking out the box and cover these markets to grow!!!.

The College of Health Sciences is a real growth area - they have some great programs and they make sure that all programs are fully accredited. If you are looking for an education that will get you a job - its a good area of study. With all of those Vets coming home and diseases like diabetes; Prosthetics and Orthotics is a really good field.

Back