Are you ready for some SWAC / MEAC HOOPS 2024 - Week 1

Olde Hornet

Yes I am. I got my ESPN reminders plugged in every Thurs and Sat. Jackson State is the favorite on the men side but anything can happen from here to March

I hope more students and alums make it to the games and not just the rival games. If Texas Southern is #1 and Valley #2, I expect to see at least a decent size crowd at home (3K). Houston is a basketball city, the high school across the street (Jack Yates) often ranks in the top 10 nationally and draw big crowds so we need to bring that big energy to TSU more than just the PV rival game. But our attendance and fan energy at games have improved since the band been performing more consistently, I don't know why they ever stopped, I mean their purpose is to promote school spirit and add energy to the place, we got questionable leadership in many areas.

I have no idea what the men will be like because of the brutal OOC schedule they played. We got one of the best players in the SWAC in Brown but will Sanders and Gipson be consistent enough to get us to the tournament?

The women's schedule was even more brutal but at least they won a game. McKnight might be the best player in the SWAC but, like the men, can she get consistent scoring from other teammates

can't wait to see that pine bluff/jsu women's match up. wish they played 2x this season. men's side seems wide open. alcorn 2x defending champ but hasn't had results preconference. hopefully we wake up.

can't wait to see that pine bluff/jsu women's match up. wish they played 2x this season. men's side seems wide open. alcorn 2x defending champ but hasn't had results preconference. hopefully we wake up.

We do play twice

Looks like we've went ahead and added Andrianna Avent to the lineup. She's coming off the bench

Yes I am. I got my ESPN reminders plugged in every Thurs and Sat. Jackson State is the favorite on the men side but anything can happen from here to March

I hope more students and alums make it to the games and not just the rival games. If Texas Southern is #1 and Valley #2, I expect to see at least a decent size crowd at home (3K). Houston is a basketball city, the high school across the street (Jack Yates) often ranks in the top 10 nationally and draw big crowds so we need to bring that big energy to TSU more than just the PV rival game. But our attendance and fan energy at games have improved since the band been performing more consistently, I don't know why they ever stopped, I mean their purpose is to promote school spirit and add energy to the place, we got questionable leadership in many areas.
Tsu and PV plays in March - that'll be the highest attended swac game of the year by far - just hope others don't try and add a few "fans" just to beat the number 🤣

Back