Andre Johnson is open to being head coach at Texas Southern (Chris Dishman Named Coach)

This article is a phenomenal display of ignorance and disrespect to Texas Southern and the conference as a whole.

Please show the the recommendation of a coach with no experience to Texas a&m, or University of Houston. He wouldn't dare utter such ridiculousness.

This article seriously proposing a candidate with no experience demonstrates the author sees Texas Southern University and the South Western Athletic Conference as a negro side show.

Please show me the recommendations by this rag to any other College, or even high school sports team of a candidate with zero experience.

This article is a waist of bandwidth.

I have always wondered why these pro athletes feel that they can jump in to coaching at a HBCU.

Doug Williams was an assistant at other programs before becoming a head coach. There are other former pro athletes who served as assistants and position coaches.

These guys who just up and say let me coach wouldn’t even go to weak ULM and say this.

Deion has inspired a new generation of lame copy cats. Go turnaround a struggling HBCU program with top recruits impressed by your NFL career, regain a lot of the love and attention you got as an active player, secure new endorsements and connections, move on to a Power 5 school to get even more money and attention, and get fired or forced out by your Power 5 school b/c your bad coaching abilities are more exposed by your peers with superior coaching experience and insight (Deion is on his way out trust)

Last edited:
Deion has inspired a new generation of lame copy cats. Go turnaround a struggling HBCU program with top recruits impressed by your NFL career, regain a lot of the love and attention you got as an active player, secure new endorsements and connections, move on to a Power 5 school to get even more money and attention, and get fired or forced out by your Power 5 school b/c your bad coaching abilities are more exposed by your peers with superior coaching experience and insight (Deion is on his way out trust)
Agree. Except Deion never planned on being there beyond next season anyway. He did get exposed this year as a subpar coach, and I really wonder how much coaching he actually does. There were 3 more games they could've won this year but for bad coaching decisions.

This article is a phenomenal display of ignorance and disrespect to Texas Southern and the conference as a whole.

Please show the the recommendation of a coach with no experience to Texas a&m, or University of Houston. He wouldn't dare utter such ridiculousness.

This article seriously proposing a candidate with no experience demonstrates the author sees Texas Southern University and the South Western Athletic Conference as a negro side show.

Please show me the recommendations by this rag to any other College, or even high school sports team of a candidate with zero experience.

This article is a waist of bandwidth.
The article didn't recommend Johnson to be Texas Southern's coach. It simply stated that he would be interested in the job after being asked by a Houston sports reporter whether he wanted to coach.

The article didn't recommend Johnson to be Texas Southern's coach. It simply stated that he would be interested in the job after being asked by a Houston sports reporter whether he wanted to coach.

Stupid article and a dumb question. If he wanted to coach he'd be coaching. There's not a team in the country at any level that wouldn't have hired him or wouldn't bring him on as an assistant tomorrow if he really wanted to coach. And I agree with Sleeper - why wasn't he asked about the U of H or A&M openings? It's because at our schools we're just expected to accept any damn thing and be happy about it.

Deion has inspired a new generation of lame copy cats. Go turnaround a struggling HBCU program with top recruits impressed by your NFL career, regain a lot of the love and attention you got as an active player, secure new endorsements and connections, move on to a Power 5 school to get even more money and attention, and get fired or forced out by your Power 5 school b/c your bad coaching abilities are more exposed by your peers with superior coaching experience and insight
I'm with you for all of the above πŸ’―
(Deion is on his way out trust
You do well with the majority of your comments, then throw something ridiculous and kill the whole thing.

No he's not going anywhere. That's dumb, Colorado made more $, and had higher exposure than ever in the history of their program. Make it make sense that he's on his way out.

Stop it I know who you are, and your smarter than that. Publishing the article is an endorsement. Why did the reporter reach out to interview A.J. after tsu made the announcement? Also, the article offered no pushback or objectivity about his qualifications. This was a promo article so miss me with that. Ever heard of the term Journalistic integrity?

If he said he was interested in being the H.C. @ Texas a&m it would've been printed.

Last edited:
Stop it I know who you are, and your smarter than that. Publishing the article is an endorsement. Why did the reporter reach out to interview A.J. after tsu made the announcement? Also, the article offered no pushback or objectivity about his qualifications. This was a promo article so miss me with that. Ever heard of the term Journalistic integrity?

If he said he was interested in being the H.C. @ Texas a&m it would've been printed.
Are you seriously calling that story a promotion and an endorsement, or do you not understand what those terms mean in the context you're attempting to use them?

In that case, publishing a story that Texas Southern would not retain McKinney was an endorsement, too, right?

If you have questions about why Andre Johnson was asked about potential interest in the TSU job, reach out to the Houston Chronicle columnist who asked him and actually built a case for that partnership.

There are many inner city high schools needing a boost in celebrity that might bring the better players back. My alma mater for one.

Last edited:
Are you seriously calling that story a promotion and an endorsement, or do you not understand what those terms mean in the context you're attempting to use them?

In that case, publishing a story that Texas Southern would not retain McKinney was an endorsement, too, right?

If you have questions about why Andre Johnson was asked about potential interest in the TSU job, reach out to the Houston Chronicle columnist who asked him and actually built a case for that partnership.
The PV grad? Hey @Lenard and @Fiyah ..... does Solomon give to PV in any shape form or fashion?

Kendrick the same reporter did the same thing at the end of last season. The difference then is he didn't drop the name, but everyone in Houston knew who he was talking about. He is endorsing and promoting him as Sleeper said. Those are his words in the excerpt below.

This is from last December:

Solomon: Deion Sanders opened the door for others at HBCU

Excerpt from the Article -
Three sources have confirmed that a former NFL superstar has expressed strong interest in coaching Texas Southern University’s football team.

TSU would be foolish not to seriously consider it.

End of Excerpt

There are many inner city high school needing a boost in celebrity that might bring the better players back. My alma mater for one.
You know what, you're on to something. If those guys went back into inner city high schools their presence and impact would go much farther than players returning and wins. Their coaching and presence could really change lives because the kids would hang on to their every word if their approach to coaching is right. Even the kids not into sports would be affected if the right example is giving daily.

Creating News:
So did AJ contract the Chron or did the Hacker contact AJ? If the Hack writer contacted AJ, then you have your answer. Why would someone contact AJ and publish an article like this? What would the purpose be to share that information with the world, if not to make sure the community knows that AJ is interested in the HC job at TSU?
Reporting News: Reporting on actual/factual information from the institution.

If you don't understand the difference between CREATING and REPORTING, you may be in the wrong line of business.
If you have questions about why Andre Johnson was asked about potential interest in the TSU job, reach out to the Houston Chronicle columnist
Already done, you're late to the party.
who asked him and actually built a case for that partnership.
YOUR WORDS: Built a case for that partnership? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

How is building a case for a partnership not promotion and/or endorsement? 🚬

I stand corrected. I fully, whole heartedly apologize to me. He's not smarter than that.

Kendrick the same reporter did the same thing at the end of last season. The difference then is he didn't drop the name, but everyone in Houston knew who he was talking about. He is endorsing and promoting him as Sleeper said. Those are his words in the excerpt below.

This is from last December:

Solomon: Deion Sanders opened the door for others at HBCU

Excerpt from the Article -
Three sources have confirmed that a former NFL superstar has expressed strong interest in coaching Texas Southern University’s football team.

TSU would be foolish not to seriously consider it.

End of Excerpt
Jerome Solomon is Ralph Cooper with a pen. Sensationalism is not Journalism. Stirring the pot is all they are good for.

I'm with you for all of the above πŸ’―

You do well with the majority of your comments, then throw something ridiculous and kill the whole thing.

No he's not going anywhere. That's dumb, Colorado made more $, and had higher exposure than ever in the history of their program. Make it make sense that he's on his way out.
Um those white folks in Boulder were NEVER broke or struggling financially first and foremost ... CU Boulder is a wealthy school with access to BIG DOLLAS AND RESOURCES! They don't need Deion to save them financially. Secondly, we all know Deion is planning on leaving once Shedeur leaves. All he cares about is controlling Shedeur image and career ... he can't care less about coaching somebody elses kid and uplifting the CU Boulder brand. Thirdly, the CU Boulder fanbase been starting to call Deion out and catch on to who he really is. I've seen a bunch of loyal CU fans already tired of the Primetime circus on the internet. You only think my last sentence is dumb b/c you have not done your research. Actually let me help you out a bit (see link below). My boss went to CU Bolder and she even told me it's a WEALTHY school that attacts a lot of rich kids and gotta lot of rich alums that give back BIG. CU Boulder is in a completely different universe compared to how our HBCUs operate

Last edited:
Um those white folks in Boulder were NEVER broke or struggling financially first and foremost ... CU Boulder is a wealthy school with access to BIG DOLLAS AND RESOURCES! They don't need Deion to save them financially. Secondly, we all know Deion is planning on leaving once Shedeur leaves. All he cares about is controlling Shedeur image and career ... he can't care less about coaching somebody elses kid and uplifting the CU Boulder brand. Thirdly, the CU Boulder fanbase been starting to call Deion out and catch on to who he really is. I've seen a bunch of loyal CU fans already tired of the Primetime circus on the internet. You only think my last sentence is dumb b/c you have not done your research. Actually let me help you out a bit (see link below). My boss went to CU Bolder and she even told me it's a WEALTHY school that attacts a lot of rich kids and gotta lot of rich alums that give back BIG. CU Boulder is in a completely different universe compared to how our HBCUs operate

This whole diatribe is just dumb. Show me where I said cu was broke and or struggling.
I'll wait........

The cu athletic director said out of his own effing mouth that the athletic department didn't have the money to pay Coach Prime when he signed him. He believed that the money would come, and boy was he right.

Second, show me 1 College athletic department/athletic director in the galaxy that has ever in the existence of the universe said "NO to more money.

Third, stop leaning on your own understanding because it's flawed. Go look at the athletic budgets of the other members of the pac-12. CU has to complete with the likes of CAL, AZ, AZst., USC, UCLA, and Oregon. Show the rank of pac-12 members revenue generation. Pssst...cu is not in the top half. πŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎ

Show ☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾this article to your boss and tell her I said her mouth ain't no prayer book.

You believe your YT boss over your Black tsu alum family? Turn in your tsu alumni association membership card.

This whole diatribe is just dumb. Show me where I said cu was broke and or struggling.
I'll wait........

The cu athletic director said out of his own effing mouth that the athletic department didn't have the money to pay Coach Prime when he signed him. He believed that the money would come, and boy was he right.

Second, show me 1 College athletic department/athletic director in the galaxy that has ever in the existence of the universe said "NO to more money.

Third, stop leaning on your own understanding because it's flawed. Go look at the athletic budgets of the other members of the pac-12. CU has to complete with the likes of CAL, AZ, AZst., USC, UCLA, and Oregon. Show the rank of pac-12 members revenue generation. Pssst...cu is not in the top half. πŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎ

Show ☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾this article to your boss and tell her I said her mouth ain't no prayer book.

You believe your YT boss over your Black tsu alum family? Turn in your tsu alumni association membership card.
That was more of a tongue and cheek comment, Deion will get paid with no complications. And clearly you don't understand how universities work (especially Power 5 schools). How much a school make in athletics revenue doesn't necessarily mean that's the entirety of what the school has as far as money goes to run its athletics program. CU Boulder pockets are deep deep. For example, the CU Buff Club is a private alumni fundraising organization that has raised MILLIONS to support athletics at CU Boulder that ain't accounted for in that article you shared. CU Boulder athletes and fans get the best of everything and their coaches get paid very well .... this was happening before Deion and will happen after he leaves. And sir I lean on and believe the facts, if my so-called family ain't aligned with that we ain't family, I'll happily stand alone.

Last edited:
That was more of a tongue and cheek comment, Deion will get paid with no complications. And clearly you don't understand how universities work (especially Power 5 schools). How much a school make in athletics revenue doesn't necessarily mean that's the entirety of what the school has as far as money goes to run its athletics program. CU Boulder pockets are deep deep. For example, the CU Buff Club is a private alumni fundraising organization that has raised MILLIONS to support athletics at CU Boulder that ain't accounted for in that article you shared. CU Boulder athletes and fans get the best of everything and their coaches get paid very well .... this was happening before Deion and will happen after he leaves. And sir I lean on and believe the facts, if my so-called family ain't aligned with that we ain't family, I'll happily stand alone.
You're talking out the side of your neck. πŸŽΊπŸ“―πŸŽΊπŸ“―πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆ

Last edited:
Back