AND WITH THE NUMBER ONE PICK IN THE 2006 DRAFT TEXANS PICK........

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
man you guys are talking from your heart, not football reasoning. The Texans already have a good quarterback, 1,000 yard receiver and 1,000 yard rusher. What they need to do is fish that top pick out for the sweetest deal that gives them the most draft picks. They need to be looking at D'Brickashaw Ferguson. If you put Vince back there, that kid is gonna be running for his life. Trust me, the folks in the NFL don't miss like USC was last night. He won't be running over folks in the league. Folks compare him to Vick, but the thing that helps Vick out is that he is shorter and therefore there is less to hit. You got all of 6'5 running, that's a big target to tee off on. I'm not saying he isn't good, i'm just saying that the Texans have waaaaay more pressing needs than quarterback.
Playing for the Texans, Young will be just like Randall Cunningham. He will be running for his life and end up playing a short career.

0+0=0 last I checked

The Texans are at ground O and will continue to be there for the next 2-3 years in there current outfit. They are bringing in a new coach hopefully with new and brighter ideas. If VY enters the draft they must draft him to brighten the future of the franchise. I'm speaking from a business and good sense standpoint. Carr has not proven a thing in 4 years with the Texans. If ya look at the games Carr telegraphs his passes. He never looks off his receivers and the entire league knows it! In one game the commentator called him out for not looking off his receivers.

Vince Young can do that!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
There is no way you take VY unless the Texans totally change their offensive system. Yes, VY had a good game, but he is not a number one pick. Everyone is talking like his passing was something special. He did what any good college qb can do --hit a wide open receiver ten years in front of him. He didn't complete any deep outs or comebacks. The NFL will not line up corners ten yards off the line of scrimmage every play. Vince made plays with his feet out the shotgun spread option/pass. He hasn't shown he has the footwork for 3 step, 5 step, or 7 step drops.

To draft VY, you will have to build a system around him in the NFL. NFL coaches and owners are not so willing to do that.

Back