ALABAMA vs. LOUISIANA

sujag07

2005 presents a type of rivalry between these two states in footballin both I-AA and I-A. Lousiana having SU & GSU vs. ASU & A&M in the swac for supremacy and LSU VS. Auburn & Alabama in the SEC. Two years ago Louisiana claimed both the BCS National Champions (LSU) and the Black National Champions (SU). Last year Alabama had Auburn going undefeated and ASU winning the SWAC. So what is your take on this year?

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Alabama A&M and Grambling will all be middle of the pack D-1 and D-1AA teams in 2005. Alabama State and Southern may be a half-step above mediocre. If you want to call a bunch of mediocre teams fighting it out a rivalry, knock yourself out.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Fresh off of destroying gram's homecoming and whooping SU in the SCG, Bama will continue to rule.

btw 99,
I really see an intense rivalry developing between the Miss schools and the Tex schools for the bottom of the SWAC.

JSU/99 said:
Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Alabama A&M and Grambling will all be middle of the pack D-1 and D-1AA teams in 2005. Alabama State and Southern may be a half-step above mediocre. If you want to call a bunch of mediocre teams fighting it out a rivalry, knock yourself out.
Obviously you know NOTHING about college football so I suggest you stop embarassing yourself.

mighty hornet said:
Fresh off of destroying gram's homecoming and whooping SU in the SCG, Bama will continue to rule.

btw 99,
I really see an intense rivalry developing between the Miss schools and the Tex schools for the bottom of the SWAC.
LOL at comment to 99 but SU & Gram will be at full strength, sorry bama, but gram looks like our biggest challenge.

JSU/99 said:

And we wonder why...nevermind.

LSU will be a beast this season. Auburn will still be strong also.

SU will win the SWAC.

mighty hornet said:
MH, being from Alabama and all, I know you're just happy to be included. But you gotta start ruling before you continue to rule. You've already gotten your "once a century" championship. Now its time for you to go back to doing what you do best.

I expect Bama State and Southern to pretty much pick up where they left off last year. The Gulf Coast Classic should be a heck of a game this year.

If A&M can get their offense rolling, they'll be right in the thick of things too, and with big Bruce back at Grambling, expect them to be in the mix.

As for Alabma/Auburn/LSU . . . I'm a Bama fan, but they just don't have a coach, nor do they have enough talent due to scholarship cuts. Auburn is going to have a rude awakening with the loss of Ronnie Brown, Jason Campbell and "Cadillac". With a new coach, who knows what LSU will look like.

JSU/99 said:
Now its time for you to go back to doing what you do best.
well, seeing how we've whooped jsue's arse 5 years in a row, some folks might say we do that best!

:slap::slap::slap:

Just because JSU now is in the bottom tier, you aint got to be on this topic, crying the way you are.
:bawling::bawling:

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
mark my words, MVSU will be in the running for the SWAC title, u heard it here first :D
..................speechless..................just speechless

JSU/99 said:
MH, being from Alabama and all, I know you're just happy to be included. But you gotta start ruling before you continue to rule. You've already gotten your "once a century" championship. Now its time for you to go back to doing what you do best.
oh so true...wel at least you know that much.

Deuce said:
I expect Bama State and Southern to pretty much pick up where they left off last year. The Gulf Coast Classic should be a heck of a game this year.

"True That."

Mobile is going to be off the chain. I haven't decided whether to stay on the Bay or in the Big Easy yet. :lol:

BTW, Grambling is going to be real dangerous this year (don't sleep on them).

jag4life said:
SU will win the SWAC.
LOL! Hard pressed with two losses against both Louisiana schools on the schedule....

BTW, Auburn starts the year with a loss against a school about 1 hour 20 minutes north on I-85.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GSUperTiger said:
LOL! Hard pressed with two losses against both Louisiana schools on the schedule....

Be careful............You are probably setting yourself up for great disappointment (and we know you don't handle losing to S.U. well). :lol:

GSUperTiger said:

BTW, Auburn starts the year with a loss against a school about 1 hour 20 minutes north on I-85.
Gramblin has a lot to make up for and I'm sure you won't be able to handle us in the classic, as far as the bamas, you can't afford to lose to them.

Hmmm, interesting topic.

With Bama St finally winning one against SU last year, I think this could have SWAC game of the year written all over it. Both teams lost a lot from last year's squads, so I can't call this one just yet.

GSU, and AAMU has the markings of a good game. Good storyline for this one, AAMU gave GSU a beatdown last year, so the revenge factor will be there. GSU interviewed/dangled their HC job in front of AJ (depending on what side of the fence you're sitting on). Spears may want to ram it down A&M's throat for AJ wanting his job, or AJ may try to beat the stuffing out of GSU for leading him on. Then Big Boy is coming back, and I think that will be his SWAC home opener, so look out.

SU v A&M, SU's homecoming, so this one should go the Jags way, but stranger things have happened.

GSU v ASU, ASU always gives GSU trouble in the gump, and this year should be no exception. I don't know which way this one will play out, but it should be another shoot out, like they've been in recent history.

LSU v. Bama, should be a good one. LSU's offense, against Bama's defense, this game should determine the SEC West champion. Bama is off of probation, and they have a stacked team, if only they can keep the qb healthy. The game is in Tuscaloosa, and LSU's won like 4 straight in the series, so if for that reason alone Bama will be ready to win. Not to mention they lost last year on a controversial call (or no call for that matter).

LSU v. Auburn, LSU in this one. Auburn loses too much, and the game is in Baton Rouge, lately this series has been home, and home, and this year shouldn't be any different.

These should be some interesting battles next year.

NICE

Game of the year (off the field) JSU at Mumford
Game of the year (on the field) ASU vs. SU in Mobile

Icons do not usually toot their own horn ;), but Grambling has all offensive starters returning with the exception of the RG. Moses Harris (Preseason 1st All-SWAC, and Tim Abney -- All World coming out of Neville in 2002) return at WR from injuries. I am sure the Jags remember this kid (Abney). He caught close to 160 yds on two passes in the 2003 BC. Clyde "Sure-Handed" Edwards returns (made a catch that sealed the BC win last year) as a true sophomore in 2005. Not the normal emphasis of Icon Gram, but the Icon has solidifed transfers (WR and TE) having three years of eligibility from the Ramblin Wreck and Wisconsin (both were 4 to 5 star players according to Rivals.com coming out of high school).

Our recruiting class needs no explanation because year in and out, Grambling signs the best in D-IAA because we recruit with the Big 12 and SEC. Gram arguably has its best talent ever.

Bama State is a concern because few teams play with their heart. However, Gram dominated the Hornets for a half, then Spears inexplicably switched to a passing game after dominating Bama St with the running game in the 1st half. A&M strived against Landers during his 1st start. Gram will sweep Bama (depth and experience).

GSUperTiger said:
Icons do not usually toot their own horn ;), but Grambling has all offensive starters returning with the exception of the RG. Moses Harris (Preseason 1st All-SWAC, and Tim Abney -- All World coming out of Neville in 2002) return at WR from injuries. I am sure the Jags remember this kid (Abney). He caught close to 160 yds on two passes in the 2003 BC. Clyde "Sure-Handed" Edwards returns (made a catch that sealed the BC win last year) as a true sophomore in 2005. Not the normal emphasis of Icon Gram, but the Icon has solidifed transfers (WR and TE) having three years of eligibility from the Ramblin Wreck and Wisconsin (both were 4 to 5 star players according to Rivals.com coming out of high school).

Our recruiting class needs no explanation because year in and out, Grambling signs the best in D-IAA because we recruit with the Big 12 and SEC. Gram arguably has its best talent ever.

Bama State is a concern because few teams play with their heart. However, Gram dominated the Hornets for a half, then Spears inexplicably switched to a passing game after dominating Bama St with the running game in the 1st half. A&M strived against Landers during his 1st start. Gram will sweep Bama (depth and experience).
nice to hear that you'll sweep the bamas but every su and gsu knows our game is never settled untill the final second is gone.....no matter who ya'll have on the field it comes down who wants it more.

Back