African Nation Ghana 2 defeats Czechs 0 Final

Jafus (Thinker)

African Nation Ghana 2 defeats Czechs 0

Two beautiful goals, with a missed penalty kick and Ghana really out played the Czechs all game.

Jafus (Thinker) said:
African Nation Ghana 2 defeats Czechs 0

Two beautiful goals, with a missed penalty kick and Ghana really out played the Czechs all game.
I caught the last few minutes of the game...and, Ghana looked strong. They had an alusive style. If it looked like that all game...I can see why the Czechs looked worn out.

Props to the Goalie on those last few saves.

:)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
good game

the US hung in there with Italy today too.
Thats much more exciting that baseball. National passtime my a....

Get Ready said:

The U.S. have just got a opening to move on if they can beat Ghana and Italy can take care of the Czechs.....

Fiyah said:
The U.S. have just got a opening to move on if they can beat Ghana and Italy can take care of the Czechs.....
Won't be easy if Ghana plays like they did against the Czechs. I was cheering for Ghana like crazy. They moved the ball so fluidly and kept the Czechs on their heels. And I don't know how ole boy missed that penalty shot. And I thought Ghana was offsides on their 2nd goal.

Get Ready said:
good game

Thats much more exciting that baseball. National passtime my a....
I agree. I love how the fans get into the game for their country. Those Ghanans were jamming.

The refs were quick with the red card in the U.S.-Italy game.

I tried, but to no avail...... Y'all can have this soccer mess..... I can't watch it......:dead: :dead:

watching soccer to me is annoying. The U.S. had soo many chances to score, especially Demarcus Beasley. Watching soccer is almost like having sex for a long time and not having an orgasm. It's frustrating to watch.

Anonymous & Devil's Gun Trigger Man,

Smile!! Watching it at a bar with fans of the country playing is the ultimate party. Smile!!

Especially with Brazilian and/or Caribbean fans!! For the love of God!!

First it is similar to any sport, in particular football or basketball, it depends on what type of alignment, based on philosophy or personal a coach wants to put on the field. One can play a more offensive or defensive alignment.

Playing 1 striker with 5 mid-fielders, 4 defenders and the goalie (1-5-4-1) to better control the mid-field if your mid-fielders are smaller and are faster on the ball. This is a defensive poster that allows two mid-fielders to help defend, while two other may be forward type of mid-fielders that play on the offensive side of the ball.

Others like to play an alignment that allows for triangle movement that I would associated with Coach Phil of the Lakers to keep control of the ball by always providing the player with the ball a triangular option to pass the ball left or right. Playing 3 forwards with 4 mid-fielders, 3 defenders and the goalie (3-4-3-1) to better attack if your mid-fielders are big and strong. It is an offensive attacking style of play.

There are many, many, many alignments that allows for various style of play in soccer.

One reason there is not a lot of scoring in soccer is because like basketball it is just difficult to find a big man (a natural score Jordan) that can finish around the basket similar to finding forwards/strikers that can finish and score.

It is difficult to find players that has the unique ability like Pele (arguably the greatest), Maradona, Ronaldino, and Henry that can naturally (along with endless practice) has the one touch ability with their head, body, or feet (no hands - football) that can gauge a ball coming at them at various speeds, with different spin, and different heights (baseball) to finish and score against defenders body checking you (hockey/football) and a goalkeeper (basketball) that can use his hands to stop you.

Once one cares to understand this, then it becomes easy to view the beauty of the game when you literally view the strength a Ghana, Asamoah Gyan (6’ 1” 170) player stop a ball flying at them on a dime spin and smashes home his early strike in the lower corner of the goal just out of the reach an outstretched diving Czech Republic goalkeeper, Petr Cech (6’ 5” 13.2).

I was trying to get me some smoked jerk chicken and oxtails at a popular Jamaican destination and the cashier was watching the game and not listening to my order. :lol: :emlaugh: (all eyes were glued to the television.......)

Back