2024 Transfer Portal VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we gonna cut the coaches some slack if their win/loss record is not what we think it should be? With the transfer portal being what it is, it has got to suck being a coach nowadays. Well, coaches now days, are gonna have to earn their pay, not that they didn't earn their pay before, but even more so now.

then i think HBCUs need to switch models then. Go after the high schools that are not getting offers and finding those diamonds in the rough. South Carolina State has been doing that for many years under Coach Pugh with the vast majority of the team being from South Carolina or North Carolina. To me HBCUs should look to locking down their state or within a certain radius of their schools. They should have the roster for every high school in the state and should be able to get enough talent to win with those that have been looked over. I do realize that some schools don't have the recruiting budget to do thatthat. ECSU, for example, only has a recruiting budget of less $550 for the whole fiscal year and does not have a dedicated person just for recruiting.
It doesnt matter who you sign…. Sign a good high schooler… He leaving after one good season anyway.

In 2 years the transfer portal will be a great research paper for a doctoral student. Should be a enough data of failures and positives to report the effectiveness.

It doesnt matter who you sign…. Sign a good high schooler… He leaving after one good season anyway.

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

They need to eliminate one of the transfer portal windows. If it were up to me, You get December for spring enrollment and April for Summer enrollment. You get two transfers your entire eligibility. Of course, if a coach leaves, you will be granted a third upon review, but you will have to sit a year if you transfer more than that. Folks APRs getting jacked up and these kids are transferring so much it’s no way they’re finishing their degrees. Come on, three institutions in one calendar school year is crazy. It’s taking me a minute to get use to these kids switching schools like underwear every school year.

They need to eliminate one of the transfer portal windows. If it were up to me, You get December for spring enrollment and April for Summer enrollment. You get two transfers your entire eligibility. Of course, if a coach leaves, you will be granted a third upon review, but you will have to sit a year if you transfer more than that. Folks APRs getting jacked up and these kids are transferring so much it’s no way they’re finishing their degrees. Come on, three institutions in one calendar school year is crazy. It’s taking me a minute to get use to these kids switching schools like underwear every school year.
No way in hell a bunch of these kids are gonna satisfy the federal Satisfactory Academic Progress standards

I am a little worried about SWAC football quality continuing an upward trajectory. The portal will impact this year but hopefully coaches and schools adjust quickly.
Coaches just have to recruit and they will be fine. JSU showed this last year by going 7-4 with a totally revamped roster. Talent is out there. The portal is full. Only the best ones will find a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back