2024 Transfer Portal VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep and even though nobody talks about it, he wasn't going to get handed the qb job at PV and I guess he found out, the qb room is thicker than most people know

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
Really dude? Yall just say anything.

I guess I missed former JSU receiver Kevin Coleman coming back to the Sip....transferring from Louisville to Miss. State...

it's getting ridiculous - entire teams are entering the portal just to see if there is NIL and these are guys who have NILs already! NCAA has proven they can;t manage things when they make breakneck changes
We have seen that the SEC imposed their own rule, not allowing players from SEC schools transfer to other SEC schools without sitting out a year based on when they hit the transfer portal (i think they lined it up with the academic enrollment calendar), and I notice no one is challenging their rules in court like the NCAA thus far. Coast Carolina ended their NIL collective, as they got tired of putting up this mess and other schools basically are telling players they don't do NIL. I think as long as the school keeps accepting players that hop in and out of the portal this type of roster change over will continue to happen, but the harsh reality is that for every success story of getting picked up from the portal there will be more tragic stores of players not finding a home.

This is what people dont understand… We are losing students to COA stipends moreso than NIL.

I do understand it's a financial war that we can't win with collectives. I'd much rather money be raised/ spent on long term projects on infrastructure to help future kids have a better experience for decades at my school instead of a portal hopping athlete.

I do understand it's a financial war that we can't win with collectives. I'd much rather money be raised/ spent on long term projects on infrastructure to help future kids have a better experience for decades at my school instead of a portal hopping athlete.

And you will get left behind. Todays athletes are DIFFERENT… They care about the money not the experience.

And you will get left behind. Todays athletes are DIFFERENT… They care about the money not the experience.
problem is when everything is over - what have they really gained? we just pushed the rock down the road cause now those folks have paid them for their services and it has been rendered.

don't we judge resumes based on longevity at times? Imagine hiring that for your organization. I get the cash part being young but its going to cause some long term issues as when these guys hit the real world and see a salary are they going to not accept hoping for another offer in some areas where there isn't negotiations?

My modest resources are the same though . Elite Black Athletes mostly left HBCU'S behind decades ago...not just today. I don't believe HBCU'S will win some financial war temporarily buying some kids favor. Until the next bigger offer comes & they hit the portal again & again & again. I'm a fan of the portal ,by the way.

Last edited:
problem is when everything is over - what have they really gained? we just pushed the rock down the road cause now those folks have paid them for their services and it has been rendered.

don't we judge resumes based on longevity at times? Imagine hiring that for your organization. I get the cash part being young but its going to cause some long term issues as when these guys hit the real world and see a salary are they going to not accept hoping for another offer in some areas where there isn't negotiations?
I totally agree with you… but a 18-22 year old isnt going to think the same way me and you are. Im throwing out NIL and just focusing on COA… For example Ga State is giving 2100 a month to student athletes for COA. A coach in the SWAC told me the AVERAGE SWAC schools are giving is 500 a semester. It doesnt seem like much to us… but to a someone straight out of high school thats going to get them on GA State campus before one of ours.

My modest resources are the same though . Elite Black Athletes mostly left HBCU'S behind decades ago...not just today. I don't believe HBCU'S will win some financial war temporarily buying some kids favor. Until the next bigger offer comes & they hit the portal again & again & again. I'm a fan of the portal ,by the way.
then i think HBCUs need to switch models then. Go after the high schools that are not getting offers and finding those diamonds in the rough. South Carolina State has been doing that for many years under Coach Pugh with the vast majority of the team being from South Carolina or North Carolina. To me HBCUs should look to locking down their state or within a certain radius of their schools. They should have the roster for every high school in the state and should be able to get enough talent to win with those that have been looked over. I do realize that some schools don't have the recruiting budget to do thatthat. ECSU, for example, only has a recruiting budget of less $550 for the whole fiscal year and does not have a dedicated person just for recruiting.

Like dahill has said - some of these guys are getting coa but in their heads it's an NIL 😂 we should lock that down and then go from there as NIL is from a outside source and our money folks tend to be more Academic minded anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back