2015 Celebration Bowl: Alcorn State vs North Carolina A&T - 11:00am CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your own advice because a lot of your posts are pure opinions and feelings and usually anti-SWAC. You might as well take the SWAC out of your S/N

Most of my post are based on numbers and what happens on the field. Fans like you are fine with ignoring facts. The fact is that the MEAC beats the SWAC in this era of college football. When the SWAC starts winning again, I will be the first to post how the SWAC is the best. The Challenge Game favors the MEAC, and the Celebration Bowl has been won by a disputed conference champion. Alcorn and Grambling are the best teams in the SWAC, but the both have fallen short to top MEAC programs. Take it like a man and hope for a better showing in baseball because basketball has been decided as well.

Most of my post are based on numbers and what happens on the field. Fans like you are fine with ignoring facts. The fact is that the MEAC beats the SWAC in this era of college football. When the SWAC starts winning again, I will be the first to post how the SWAC is the best. The Challenge Game favors the MEAC, and the Celebration Bowl has been won by a disputed conference champion. Alcorn and Grambling are the best teams in the SWAC, but the both have fallen short to top MEAC programs. Take it like a man and hope for a better showing in baseball because basketball has been decided as well.

Wait a minute. Are you saying the MEAC is better this year in basketball? Who in the MEAC can beat SU this year in basketball????

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Attendance: 35528
I dont know if its been posted on here ( and im not bout to read through this thread), but Alcorn had a huge crowd. I tip my cap to them cause they showed up in big numbers. Their tackling didn't though. It was horrible.

Btw, I thought Gibbs was healthy cause......

I dont know if its been posted on here ( and im not bout to read through this thread), but Alcorn had a huge crowd. I tip my cap to them cause they showed up in big numbers. Their tackling didn't though. It was horrible.

I agree! Much props to the Braves fans they showed up and supported the team and the team went down fighting.

Yes the Brave had a good crowd and a lot of spirit. We were sitting on their side. NCA&T shut the Braves run game down and forced them to beat them throwing the ball which they could not do. The middle of the field was open all game long. Cohen is a beast.

Wait a minute. Are you saying the MEAC is better this year in basketball? Who in the MEAC can beat SU this year in basketball????

SU has a good team this season and could "possibly" beat every team in the MEAC this year. However, We aren't just talking about Southern are we? We are talking about the entire conference. I like what I see from AAMU as well, but we are talking pound for pound. What's the conference records vs each other this season? The numbers don't lie.

Alcorn would've won the game in a rout if it wasn't for the homie Tarik.

That man is a special talent. A&T is blessed to have him in the fold.

That and the poor tackling. They took the wrong time to stint up the building. Having said that. I don't think you're giving the young man who came in later at qb enough credit.

He made some very big plays to keep the ball moving at some crucial times in the game

Last edited:
SU has a good team this season and could "possibly" beat every team in the MEAC this year. However, We aren't just talking about Southern are we? We are talking about the entire conference. I like what I see from AAMU as well, but we are talking pound for pound. What's the conference records vs each other this season? The numbers don't lie.

Ok I have only seen A&T play this year for the MEAC.

That and the poor tackling. They took the wrong time to stint up the building. Having said that. I don't think you're giving the young man who came in later at qb enough credit.

He made some very big plays to keep the ball moving at some crucial sometimes in the game

Yeah he had pretty good presence in the pocket. Extending plays.

He made some very big plays to keep the ball moving at some crucial sometimes in the game
I see what you're saying. Our freshman Carter (number 10) was doing the same thing with his legs but he was not accurate at all. He threw two ducks, including one that was intercepted, that allowed the momentum to swing Alcorn's way.

As a person that attended the Celebration Bowl activities from beginning to end, this was a 1st Class event. There were team tours of the aquarium and College Football Hall of Fame. The gift suite the players had to choose from was outstanding. Each team had their private room complete with video games etc. 35,000+ is outstanding for year 1. If this game fails it will b e because of poor attendance. This is the right game at the right time in the right venue run by the right people. No excuse for this bowl to fail.

Have any of their top teams played SU, AAMU or JSU?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Good job Alcorn.
And congrats to Cohen A&T lol

We can critique Alcorn all day and say they sucked at tackling and say A&T would've been SOL w/o Cohen...... but we must all agree and say the celebration bowl is a success. I'm glad the meac big wigs used their brains and came to their senses.

See y'all in 2016

So what? Has anyone played A&T, Hampton, Norfolk St and BC? No. The fact remains that the MEAC leads the SWAC in head to head action. Football is more debatable than basketball.

That's a lie that people like you love to qualify by conveniently only counting most recent games like a child to win an argument. As if the other games some how magically disappeared from the ncaa record books.

The SWAC leads by ten games of the total games played against each conference members and by about 5-6 games when you account for games played when schools weren't affiliated with either conference.

The SWAC after today is 0-1 in the CB but Leads the Total Bowl games that have been played by each conference 12-4.

So please stop telling that bold face lie.

Well from a GSU fan I can say that the MEAC is the better conference as of late. Bethune Cookman beat out west champs at Grambling and A&T beat out east champion. We had opportunities to be the best but we didn't so that's no ones fault but our own. Well maybe next year.

Well from a GSU fan I can say that the MEAC is the better conference as of late. Bethune Cookman beat out west champs at Grambling and A&T beat out east champion. We had opportunities to be the best but we didn't so that's no ones fault but our own. Well maybe next year.

Grambling was not the western division Champs when they loss to BCC dude. That's like saying you loss to the FCS 25th rank team.

Neither is accurate or true.

Grambling was not the western division Champs when they loss to BCC dude. That's like saying you loss to the FCS 25th rank team.

Neither is accurate or true.
What does it matter. They still beat us at the end of the day and no one else in the FCS did that but Alcorn. They beat us head up point blank so they had the better team. Numbers don't lie and they beat our top two teams so what can we say. We can make excuses but they still beat us so I will let them have it. We will see how it works out next year. Everyone had a chance in the Swac to be in the game and our best lost to one of the MEAC's best even tho they had a 3 way tie so you don't know who was really the best team in the MEAC was but never the less they won so congrats and we will see about it next year.

Last edited:
What does it matter. They still beat us at the end of the day and no one else in the FCS did that but Alcorn. They beat us head up point blank so they had the better team. Numbers don't lie and they beat our top two teams so what can we say. We can make excuses but they still beat us so I will let them have it. We will see how it works out next year. Everyone had a chance in the Swac to be in the game and our best lost to one of the MEAC's best even tho they had a 3 way tie so you don't know who was really the best team in the MEAC was but never the less they won so congrats and we will see about it next year.

It's pretty simple chief. When gram loss to BCC they weren't the SWAC western division Champs and BC wasn't the 25th rank FCS in the country. It really isn't rocket science

I thought my explanation was pretty clear and simple. If all you want to do is whine ,exaggerate and give inaccurate account. Than I guess it's doesn't matter to you one way or the other.

It's pretty simple chief. When gram loss to BCC they weren't the SWAC western division Champs and BC wasn't the 25th rank FCS in the country. It really isn't rocket science

I thought my explanation was pretty clear and simple. If all you want to do is whine ,exaggerate and give inaccurate account. Than I guess it's doesn't matter to you one way or the other.
Lol I'm whining when all I am doing is giving props. Some people don't like to make excuses for every loss because that's not going to turn the L into a W. If they beat us before or after we won the west then so what?? They still beat the top two teams that the swac has to offer in the same season that Gram and Alcorn won the west and east titles. Like I said why does it matter when they beat us if they beat our top two teams in the same season and we had no injuries for the game. I guess we can say that loss to Cal wasn't legit because it was at the beginning of the season and we weren't the west champs so it really doesn't count as a loss. Stop with the excuses because they had 3 teams who could have been in the game with a three way tie and two of them already beat our top two so what point are you trying to make? You must be a fan of the team who says they have the most talent but was in third place and had an excuse for every game they loss or say that you played with such and such for 2 quarters. I see the excuses are endless for you on every end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back