2015 Celebration Bowl: Alcorn State vs North Carolina A&T - 11:00am CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No slight to Alcorn St but this may be a good thing for AlcSU and the SWAC. Alcorn St already played in a post-season game. ::read:: There wasn't too much buy-in by a LOT of naive MEAC people. I'm sure w/ the victory and probable national notoriety w/ checks in tow, there'll be a change for quite a few of them. And, this gives the SWACsters who were witnessing something to ponder (coaches: upgrade upgrade upgrade).

Legendary PVAMU will monkey-stomp the hell out of the MEAC champion fall 2016. Period.

That's a lie that people like you love to qualify by conveniently only counting most recent games like a child to win an argument. As if the other games some how magically disappeared from the ncaa record books.

The SWAC leads by ten games of the total games played against each conference members and by about 5-6 games when you account for games played when schools weren't affiliated with either conference.

The SWAC after today is 0-1 in the CB but Leads the Total Bowl games that have been played by each conference 12-4.

So please stop telling that bold face lie.

You talk as if Hampton, SCSU, FAMU, Del State, Bethune Cookman and even Howard all don't own winning records vs the SWAC? The wins vs Savannah State and MEAC young gun NCCU is the only thing that stops the SWAC from being dominated in the overall series. Stop being in denial man. We are talking about the current FCS/FBS era of college football. The MEAC owns the Challenge Game and has started the Celebration Bowl off with a win vs the undisputed SWAC Champion. That alone shows who the best football conference is this FBS/FCS era. Until the SWAC starts winning, it is what it is. But you can continue to fool yourself. The SWAC has been coming up short for a long time now.

In basketball, there is no debate.

Alcorn lost .. we wait till next year, nothing to talk about, ,, but i will say this, I already see the BS with the meac already, because if Alcorn would of somehow won this game like someone stated earlier the first thing out of the MEAC POSTERS MOUTH would have been ncat wasn't the best time in the MEAC because of the three way tie, SO JUST GET READY BECAUSE I ALREADY SEE THIS BS COMING UP.AGAIN...

Not calling anybody a liar, , but i find it mind blogging that an article was done about NCAT and the extra check/funds.. they were getting from this game, from all the tickets etc that they sold, but from tv, NCAT was ummmmm not there in attendance like the article made it seem, and i heard from.many reports that there were less then 30,000, in the dome,, but my question ???? is what determines a success, 30,000 for a first time bowl game,, is not good..but any stretch. .

So what? Has anyone played A&T, Hampton, Norfolk St and BC? No. The fact remains that the MEAC leads the SWAC in head to head action. Football is more debatable than basketball.
You talk as if Hampton, SCSU, FAMU, Del State, Bethune Cookman and even Howard all don't own winning records vs the SWAC? The wins vs Savannah State and MEAC young gun NCCU is the only thing that stops the SWAC from being dominated in the overall series. Stop being in denial man. We are talking about the current FCS/FBS era of college football. The MEAC owns the Challenge Game and has started the Celebration Bowl off with a win vs the undisputed SWAC Champion. That alone shows who the best football conference is this FBS/FCS era. Until the SWAC starts winning, it is what it is. But you can continue to fool yourself. The SWAC has been coming up short for a long time now.

In basketball, there is no debate.
That's a lie that people like you love to qualify by conveniently only counting most recent games like a child to win an argument. As if the other games some how magically disappeared from the ncaa record books.

The SWAC leads by ten games of the total games played against each conference members and by about 5-6 games when you account for games played when schools weren't affiliated with either conference.

The SWAC after today is 0-1 in the CB but Leads the Total Bowl games that have been played by each conference 12-4.

So please stop telling that bold face lie.

Thanks for proving the point

35,000 at a bowl game between 2 small schools is actually pretty good. Those AGS people had 23 pages of a thread dedicated to trying to throw salt at the game. lol

I stated this earlier that my whole objection was that, to a network television audience, they chose to represent this game as THE game in FCS, completely ignoring that there is an actual national championship game that was being set up elsewhere.

That is insulting.

That's why they're mad, LOL.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just got back to H-town from the ATL. I enjoyed the game, props to A&T and Alcorn fans for a good showing, especially Alcorn. Plan to attend it annually as I do the SWAC championships in football and basketball. Can't wait for my TSU Tigers to get there.

From the camera, NCAT was no where near capacity in the lower bowl. I'm hard pressed to believe more than 30K actually showed up.

They have boring fans....the camera stayed on Alcorn's fan......
You shole is right. Alcorn's fans were all into it. A&T had no energy. I don't know if they're suppose to be uppity or something, cause they were just sitting there. Even before kickoff, Alcorn's band was just playing away, fans all into and A&T's band was just sitting there. I was shole pulling for Alcorn to win, but there were done in by poor tackling.

btw, is Gibbs still hurt? If not, I wish he would've got a shot, cause Footman.... (although Alcorn's OL was getting whooped, when there were times to throw, the passes were off.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back