2008 Olympics: Notes, Stories & Observations

I know I'm the only one up watching this game. The US was in some deep do,doo tonight..Kobe came to the rescue...

USA wins that gold medal baby...

I know I'm the only one up watching this game. The US was in some deep do,doo tonight..Kobe came to the rescue...

Nah Shaw, you aint the only one. Ole Kobe saved our arses tonight with some help from DWade. Heat fans can breathe a sigh of relief because Wade is back. But that 4th quarter was all Kobe. Project 119 my arse!!!:lmao:

Well, now that they have awared (awarding) the medals, I can get a quick nap before getting up for church.

BTW, yall weren't the only ones up; I took a nap earlier and told my son to wake me up; he almost made it; he fell asleep at 2:28....:smh:

Congrats to the "Redeem Team"......:clap:

Coach K for president according to the announcers :rolleyes:

only difference now and a few years back is that USA Basketball made it a point to stop rolling out the ball and put emphasis on selecting Olympic caliber athletes instead of the best athletes

The same will be done to USA Track....everything cannot stay on top forever, you got to adjust

Nah Shaw, you aint the only one. Ole Kobe saved our arses tonight with some help from DWade. Heat fans can breathe a sigh of relief because Wade is back. But that 4th quarter was all Kobe. Project 119 my arse!!!:lmao:

:dizzy:

Nah. I watched the whole thing w/out getting a live-feed via the www because @ certain times, it was very, very frustrating.

If Kobe and DWade were NOT on this year's team, USA loses badly. Spain came to play and they played very well IMO. :read: The USA had zero answers for their pick/rolls, running one-handers, and god forbid, the guys from Spain were dunking on USAers. :emlaugh: Damned good competitive game. :tup: Hats off to Coach "K" for keeping the guys together because w/ < 6-7 mins to go, they started showing their "true" colors. (selfishness) :read: Granted, the guys from Spain were playing the "lighter" USA players physically but what are you supposed to do when it's your strength? Bosh mops the floor quite well and Boozer didn't have the right "juice" to necessitate him being on the floor. :emlaugh:

If there is one player on the USA's squad I have a newfound respect for, and his game was already on another level and I love his tenacity, it's ChrisPaul. That guys NEVER backs down and lets you know he's not. :) He's fearless (DWade type) excepting I'd think he'd prolly throw some hands on a person for real if they really tried to hurt him. It was surprising that Melo kept his composure and @ certain times, LJames lost his (painfully obvious a few times on "O"). Their exhuberant youth showed @ various times. :read:

Good win for the USA.

Good win for the USA.

I agree (good one for the NBA, too). The US needed this one. And, they had a good melt'n pot of guys to do so.

I thought the lack of a more skilled center was going to finally catch up to the US at one point. But, they got over. At one point towards the end of the game, you could see they were going to start making the US earn it from the stripe, starting with D.Howard. Howard gett'n that last FT out of those two was crucial at that point of the game.

The rest was a good collection of good play down the stretch by the leagues best. I mean...that's what they pay them for, and they came thru. It seems as though every player should benefit this b-ball season from this year's experience. Foreign players too.

Did anyone else notice that even though Shaun Johnson didnt win the Gold in all around..........they keep the camera on her.

Did anyone else notice that even though Shaun Johnson didnt win the Gold in all around..........they keep the camera on her.

C'mon now... what country are we in? lol :swink: You know how these "people" are once they find a golden child. lol MPhelps send help! :emlaugh:

Also, all BS aside, man a MAJOR BIG props to USA basketball! I've been one of the harshest critics because I bleed fundamental basketball and IMO, that's what gets victories, not "selfish" one-on-one "and-one" type basketball. :) These guys proved they could put egos aside and rise above considering the awful great amount of 'sparse' talent @ the international level.

Major, major, major, major props to the USA basketball team! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Gott dayam! Did the Chinese build that London-Beijing-London 2012 bus? :emlaugh: Damn! :lol: And who is that half-black gul sanging? :confused:

Lastly, CRUSH GREAT BRITAIN 2012!!!! :mad: :slap:

Lawd... deze Chinese folx finna' drive a DC-10 up through the birds nest as part of the closign ceremony. :confused:

:uhoh:

Oh lawd... there goes that scroll! :uhoh:

yeah, the closing ceremonies were kinda "extra".

Ive already said it.....I will be in London for the 2012 Olympics.
Im saving my coins now.

Back