2-3-2 format, Home court advantage or disrespect.

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
Instead of rewarding the team with the best record this format seems to put more of a strain on the team with the best record and totally disrespect the fans that supported them all year long by giving them a slim chance to be able to celebrate the championship game at home.

I agree. During post-game last night, Pat Riley was complaining about having been in Dallas for 6 days and that that was to their disadvantage. I was thinking how is being in Miami for possibly 7-8 straight days advantageous for the Mavs and they supposedly have "home court advantage"?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I agree. It should have never went to that format in the 1st place. I prefer the 2-2-1-1-1

Jax said:
I agree. It should have never went to that format in the 1st place. I prefer the 2-2-1-1-1

Jax, I don;t know if that is the answer either. That's a lot of traveling wear and tear. A flight cross country can take many hours. I don't know if there is a right answer...probably just a "better" answer out there.

JSTUS said:
I agree. During post-game last night, Pat Riley was complaining about having been in Dallas for 6 days and that that was to their disadvantage.

Wait. Doesn't the Mavs have the better record, which everyone knows that the team w/ the better record (of the last 2 standing) has the advantage. They are suppose to be at an disadvantage. They should have won more regular season games than Dallas.

I just bought "Glory". Pat Riley just can't beat the black guy. LOL!

They went to the 2-3-2 format because of the travel on the news outlets. Less back and forth for those covering the games if it goes 5 games and beyond.

cat daddy said:
They went to the 2-3-2 format because of the travel on the news outlets. Less back and forth for those covering the games if it goes 5 games and beyond.

Good explanation but it still seems to clearly work against the team and it's fans that has work the hardest for the opportunity to celebrate on its own home court.

Blue:
This is only a disadvantage to the fans if the better team wins in a sweep or 5 games. First of all, the NBA is counting on this series going 7 games so the better team still has 4 home games.

I actually like this format better ..If you win your first two home games and only 1 on the road, you pretty much win the series. It's highly unlikely the weaker team is going to win Games 6&7 on the road.

bluedog said:
Good explanation but it still seems to clearly work against the team and it's fans that has work the hardest for the opportunity to celebrate on its own home court.

While I don't care for the change in format, it definitely doesn't work against the team with homecourt advantage. Actually, under this format, more series have been cliched at home than on the road. But under any format, there's no guarantee that the series will end at home for the winner, as half of the series this postseason alone have been won on the road. And in either case, there will be plenty of time to celebrate with parades and such.

The format is cool. The middle 3 games, 2 of them are won by the home team and in this case, MIA will win 2 of the games and Dallas will have a chance to celebrate in front of there fans. But I c MIA winning this series, you can't double the diesel for too much longer.

nut11thward said:
The format is cool. The middle 3 games, 2 of them are won by the home team and in this case, MIA will win 2 of the games and Dallas will have a chance to celebrate in front of there fans. But I c MIA winning this series, you can't double the diesel for too much longer.

So**y come git ya boy. :smh:

nut11thward said:

Even Pat Riley got tired of the Big Lazy, thats why he sat out the final 15 minutes.

Eric Dampier will demand a raise after the season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
nut11thward said:

Yeah I guess he was in a backward @ss way but shaq sure didn't have anything to do with it other then riding D. Wade nutts.

bluedog,

Congrats to Avery, but if you can't win the final two games of the NBA championship on your home court then you don't deserve to win. Folks can always blame Refs, but the Mav's had their chances. I think the key was the inside game. The Mav's couldn't get to the free throw line enough. Jump shots come and go. Plus their owner don't exactly help. I'm sure the Ref's love him. Damm. I wish I had 1.2 $ mil to throw away on fines.

THAMES said:
bluedog,

Congrats to Avery, but if you can't win the final two games of the NBA championship on your home court then you don't deserve to win. Folks can always blame Refs, but the Mav's had their chances. I think the key was the inside game. The Mav's couldn't get to the free throw line enough. Jump shots come and go. Plus their owner don't exactly help. I'm sure the Ref's love him. Damm. I wish I had 1.2 $ mil to throw away on fines.

And just what the h@ll does that have to do with this thread? C'mon Thames you're better then that!

bluedog said:
Instead of rewarding the team with the best record this format seems to put more of a strain on the team with the best record and totally disrespect the fans that supported them all year long by giving them a slim chance to be able to celebrate the championship game at home.
yeah bluedog,
The Mavs lost because of the format.

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:

bluedog said:

Worked the hardest - we hope so, but not necessarily. This year the partity across the NBA was pretty good. Last year the teams in the east beat up on each other a lot. If the team in one of the conferences runs away with things because its constituents are weak while the other conference beats up on each other does not mean that the runaway worked harder. It just means that they had a better record.

Does it really matter where they celebrate? Looks like the Heat did just fine celebrating in Dallas......

Back