‘We’re still here’: MEAC coaches revel in continued dominance over SWAC rivals

If this article gave the record for the past 30 years, folks would see how the SWAC has fallen off a long time ago. I hate it, but it’s true. SWAC programs get out roughed and toughed against legitimate MEAC Competition.

However, if we saw more MEAC vs SWAC Games throughout the year pound for pound, I don’t see the MEAC dominating from top to bottom. The top of the MEAC has been victorious vs the top of the SWAC, but can’t see the traditionally mid finishers like Norfolk/Morgan and Delaware States’ of the conference winning too many games vs the same weights of the SWAC.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Bad scouting by swac coaches. Other than former member NCAT...there isn't much that either conference's football teams do better than the other except slfor the MEAC scouting tendencies and glaring weaknesses whenever they play SWAC schools.

If i were a coach, I'd prep against my opponents like that ALL the time.
DB has left ankle taped? I'm throwing to his left over as much as possible.
QB doesn't throw to his left alot? I'm forcing him out the pocket to the right as often as possible and crowding the box on his right.
Defensive line played a strong D1 opponent before playing my team? I'm running that ball by bouncing to the outside and using my tight end. Big boys running all game long...take your vitamin b I'm tryna hurt ya, son.

Bad scouting by swac coaches. Other than former member NCAT...there isn't much that either conference's football teams do better than the other except slfor the MEAC scouting tendencies and glaring weaknesses whenever they play SWAC schools.

QB doesn't throw to his left alot? I'm forcing him out the pocket to the right as often as possible and crowding the box on his right.
Defensive line played a strong D1 opponent before playing my team? I'm running that ball by bouncing to the outside and using my tight end. Big boys running all game long...take your vitamin b I'm tryna hurt ya, son.
Good ideas but what if the team doesn't have the capability to consistently use a TE in the passing game, for example?

Teams with decent QBs can beat MEAC teams (see AAMU) but MEAC teams love MEAC ball (physical offense and defense uglying up the game). NCCU had a RB by committee and just ran all over Alcorn (including the QB who didn't see sacked) with their QB making the throws when needed (because he is inaccurated).

Valley showed in 2019 that we can play MEAC ball but our QB played SUCKED. We know we can stop your run so their QB will have to beat us with his arm and legs. I just wanna see what our offense looks like after Thursday (intentionally avoided going to any practices)

Teams with decent QBs can beat MEAC teams (see AAMU) but MEAC teams love MEAC ball (physical offense and defense uglying up the game). NCCU had a RB by committee and just ran all over Alcorn (including the QB who didn't see sacked) with their QB making the throws when needed (because he is inaccurated).

Valley showed in 2019 that we can play MEAC ball but our QB played SUCKED. We know we can stop your run so their QB will have to beat us with his arm and legs. I just wanna see what our offense looks like after Thursday (intentionally avoided going to any practices)
After what I saw during the covid season, if yall make a passing game complete with a tight end then yall would be in contention without having to be strong on defense. In the swac that is...

On your other points: yeah and for whatever reason MEAC coaches scout SWAC teams PERFECTLY

After what I saw during the covid season, if yall make a passing game complete with a tight end then yall would be in contention without having to be strong on defense. In the swac that is...

On your other points: yeah and for whatever reason MEAC coaches scout SWAC teams PERFECTLY

so we’re going to gloss over the fact that NCCUs head coach, OC and DC just came from the SWAC and kind of knew what to expect?
It’s one thing to scout. It’s another to have actually see it live and gameplay multiple times against their offense and defense … and kept them notes.

Last edited:
If you read my post in the game thread....Alcorn abandoned running the big back (#31) after the first half....for whatever reason...They were running on Central at will and just went to more play action passes and screens.... They went away from what was working....The turnovers caused them to panic with their play calling... If they had just kept pounding NCCU with those backs and kept their defense off the field....the outcome would have been totally different. (Their play calling cost them about as much as the turnovers)

If you read my post in the game thread....Alcorn abandoned running the big back (#31) after the first half....for whatever reason...They were running on Central at will and just went to more play action passes and screens.... They went away from what was working....The turnovers caused them to panic with their play calling... If they had just kept pounding NCCU with those backs and kept their defense off the field....the outcome would have been totally different. (Their play calling cost them about as much as the turnovers)
All of the above. I thought Felix a couple of times got too greedy with shots downfield, instead of trying to get that offense humming and letting the run game open things up on the outside.

I put that on the coaching staff.

so we’re going to gloss over the fact that NCCUs head coach, OC and DC just came from the SWAC and kind of knew what to expect?
It’s one thing to scout. It’s another to have actually see it live and gameplay multiple times against their offense and defense … and kept them notes.
I was trying to give less petty, here lol

Saw it happen to us all Spring (especially against UAPB)

#31 literally had NCCU players hesistant to tackle him but pretty much disappeared in the 2nd half.

That's why I love what SU did against Grambling in just continuing to run the ball because it worked. Sprinkle in the TE and you are damn near unstoppable

Saw it happen to us all Spring (especially against UAPB)

#31 literally had NCCU players hesistant to tackle him but pretty much disappeared in the 2nd half.

That's why I love what SU did against Grambling in just continuing to run the ball because it worked. Sprinkle in the TE and you are damn near unstoppable

If it works, keep doing it until they can show you they can stop it. I thought that was the rule.

The MEAC has some good assistant coaches who understand the need to make adjustments after the first half. Our coaches go with same game plan the entire game as if shit is going to change. Look at the Alcorn/NCCU game.....prime example....Alcorn did not make one adjustment.

I look at when GSU won the Celebration Bowl....we didn't make any adjustments but luckily NCCU caused a flag for celebration which moved the extra point back and the field goal kicker had to make adjustments....that pause before enabled us to block the kick.

The next time when we played against Broadway we had the same game plan in the second half and NC A&T made adjustments.....

Honestly SWAC coaches don't even need to go in the dressing rooms during halftime...they just need to scream out SAME OLE SHIT!!!! SMAE OLE SHIT!!!

No shame in Grambling losing a close game to an undefeated (14-0) Rod Broadway coached team. We were a close call (on a fumble recovery) that was actually a good call from having a shot at going for the win. However, that game confirmed what I had been telling folks, our Oline play needed a change. Martez Carter and Kincaid hid a lot of flaws prior to that game.

No shame in Grambling losing a close game to an undefeated (14-0) Rod Broadway coached team. We were a close call (on a fumble recovery) that was actually a good call from having a shot at going for the win. However, that game confirmed what I had been telling folks, our Oline play needed a change. Martez Carter and Kincaid hid a lot of flaws prior to that game.
It's amazing what talented skill position players can hide. Talented DTucker of PV had some believing that PV's OL was "decent." Laughable. They were hot garbage over the last 2-3 years.

Nah man....ADJUSTMENTS......

Back