This Will Impact the Magic City Classic

Just want to make sure I understand that comment. I hope it's not the 2011 tornado that you speak. There were many deaths both black and white during the 2011 tornado. Homes destroyed, no water (contaminated), electricity non existent, school's closed, people sleeping in YMCA's etc.. It was so bad that Stillman, Shelton State and the University of Alabama students were sent home in order for people of Tuscaloosa to have the necessitates of life. It was devastating

I am specifically talking about the effect the storm had on that university. If it had destroyed the campus, all buildings, the stadium I'd have been there taking pictures. I obs lement the loss of any life and the detriment the storm had on folks lives. I hate the institution but not the folks.

but if you give me 24 hours on that campus to do whatever I want I'm going to steal every roll of toilet paper and every left shoe... and plant crab grass on the football field.

and replace every street sign with one that reaps Kapernick Drive.

Talking about throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Married At First Sight No GIF by Lifetime

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am specifically talking about the effect the storm had on that university. If it had destroyed the campus, all buildings, the stadium I'd have been there taking pictures. I obs lement the loss of any life and the detriment the storm had on folks lives. I hate the institution but not the folks.

but if you give me 24 hours on that campus to do whatever I want I'm going to steal every roll of toilet paper and every left shoe... and plant crab grass on the football field.

and replace every street sign with one that reaps Kapernick Drive.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

For years, maybe even decades, the University of Alabama has had an open date on the day of the Magic City Classic.

But with the SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas and going to a new schedule format, not only does Bama have a game on the same day as the Classic . . . it's their HOMECOMING . . . Why is this important, you ask? One word: Hotels.

And if you don't think that will impact the MCC, then go look at some hotel prices right now. I did, and it ain't pretty. And its just February. Wait until August or September, and (if there are any rooms left) they'll be even higher. Restaurants are already hard to get in that weekend. It will be three times harder now.

By the way, Bama is playing Missouri that weekend . . . a team that was much improved, and ended the season with a Bowl win over Ohio State. So expect their fans the be well represented in the city of Birmingham, and with this being Bama Coach DeBoer's first season, I expect Birmingham to be even more loaded than it normally is on MCC weekend.
I spoke to one of the coaches at AAMU the other night and it has already impacted them. The team hotel that AAMU usually stays at for Magic City Classic is being used by Missouri because that's the hotel that Alabama uses to house their opponents.

So the MCC and AAMU had to scramble and get the Bulldogs setup in a different spot. Not sure if this is impacting ASU. But the Bulldogs were certainly impacted.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
..aint nobody lying. When the SWACPAGE first started and none of us had heard of the MCC, these people were trying to describe it to us and called it the Black Iron Bowl. That was around the same time when we realized the blacks in Alabama loved UA and Auburn more than their own HBCUs. We were confused and astounded....and THEN they started defending it. lol

..aint nobody lying. When the SWACPAGE first started and none of us had heard of the MCC, these people were trying to describe it to us and called it the Black Iron Bowl. That was around the same time when we realized the blacks in Alabama loved UA and Auburn more than their own HBCUs. We were confused and astounded....and THEN they started defending it. lol
Hmmmmmm. Interesting. But, can't that accusation be leveled against all the states that have HBCUs?

The Black Egg Bowl was derived from the annual Egg Bowl game played between Ole Miss vs Mississippi State originally played in Jackson, Mississippi. From 1973 through 1990, the game was played at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jackson, which seats about 62,000 the current home of Jackson State University. TP, stop trying to re-write history.

I spoke to one of the coaches at AAMU the other night and it has already impacted them. The team hotel that AAMU usually stays at for Magic City Classic is being used by Missouri because that's the hotel that Alabama uses to house their opponents.

So the MCC and AAMU had to scramble and get the Bulldogs setup in a different spot. Not sure if this is impacting ASU. But the Bulldogs were certainly impacted.

no one from a higher power already had the MCC blocked out since its an annual game?

Hmmmmmm. Interesting. But, can't that accusation be leveled against all the states that have HBCUs?
No technically - in Louisiana the younger ones may have gravitated but the old guard didn;t stop everything for LSU

In texas - black folks love a team with someone they like on it or when the team is good - you have few die-hard Aggie fans

Alabama Sports Foundation, BET, Eventive - whatever they wanna call themselves should have already had the rooms blocked off for the teams and bands - they are the "organizers", this is their responsibility.

Alabama Sports Foundation, BET, Eventive - whatever they wanna call themselves should have already had the rooms blocked off for the teams and bands - they are the "organizers", this is their responsibility.
I figured that - that tells you their mode of thinking if they let a random sec team come in and steal a slot which means no one was even worrying like business as usual

A.G, Gaston, well never mind, yall are not old enough to know who I am talking about. 🤣
I beg your pardon my good Sir I am well familiar with A.G. Gaston lol, as a matter of fact going on at this moment - and I will join them later and on tomorrow https://aggastonconference.biz/ I am an A.G. Gaston Boys and Girls Club Kid and former Director of Programs for A.G. - and you are correct - A.G. would never lol

Back