SU's Tillery could become SWAC career rushing leader

Odums wasn't the OC. We were chopping y'all up with the short passing game and Tillery, then after sucking the D in hit you with a long bomb. Why that play-calling suddenly changed, we'll never know. lol
Odums wasn't the OC, but he is the HC. At the end of the day, the HC takes the L or W. I am glad things suddenly changed because we were on our way to having one arm in a boxing match. To be honest, the same thing happen the year before.

Odums wasn't the OC, but he is the HC. At the end of the day, the HC takes the L or W. I am glad things suddenly changed because we were on our way to having one arm in a boxing match. To be honest, the same thing happen the year before.
Now the year before, Odums took his foot off the gas pedal trying to be a good sportsman when we took that commanding lead and the team got lax.

Now the year before, Odums took his foot off the gas pedal trying to be a good sportsman when we took that commanding lead and the team got lax.
I don't know about that sportmans stuff, but he did try to go in "control the clock" mode after the G-Men finally woke up. Even when y'all went up big, I knew we wouldn't get blown out because we had open WR's all over the dome.

This year, I am looking for my G-Men to keep the ball out of Quinn's hands and neutralize Tillery. If we do that, it will get ugly for the Jags quickly. If not, then GSU fans like me will get caught in a bad dream full of annoying SU fans screaming. Lol.

I don't know about that sportmans stuff, but he did try to go in "control the clock" mode after the G-Men finally woke up. Even when y'all went up big, I knew we wouldn't get blown out because we had open WR's all over the dome.

This year, I am looking for my G-Men to keep the ball out of Quinn's hands and neutralize Tillery. If we do that, it will get ugly for the Jags quickly. If not, then GSU fans like me will get caught in a bad dream full of annoying SU fans screaming. Lol.
Pick your poison is all I'm going to say.

I agree. That's something I was told he was going to work on this season. Other than that, he is solid. I called my Gramfam during the first half of the UGA game and was like, "I told y'all that MFer don't give a **** when he puts his shoulder down." Lol.

Tillery is a bad man. I just hope Odums continues to make boneheaded decisions when they come down the street. Down 20-3 last year, I sat in that dome and found peace when I realized that Odums wasn't going to feed Tillery anymore. That kid runs with passion.

I think that was more on Chad and Berry being co -OCs. Berry would keep running Tillery. LOL. What I would like to see is us throw him the ball more out the backfield. He can catch that rock. His first year with Dray, he caught some nice ones.

Getting 910 yards is not exactly easy.. My question is..... will the SU offense look different or will the train he was on just keep moving in the same direction!?

We will be even more ball control. Berry likes to run it down your throat.

I think that was more on Chad and Berry being co -OCs. Berry would keep running Tillery. LOL. What I would like to see is us throw him the ball more out the backfield. He can catch that rock. His first year with Dray, he caught some nice ones.
Interesting.

Tillery is blessed to have guys like Mosley blocking for him. I told quite a few around here that Mosley was going to be a beast on the line. He was supposed to go to Alcorn, but Odums flipped him on signing day. Him and Markus Cook of JSU can hold there own against any team they face including FBS programs. Dade of Alcorn, Freeman of PV, Admas of UABP and another kid I saw from Bama State could be in that debate as well.

Anyway, Tillery is a good kid with a good story. I hope he plays on Sundays so it could turn into a great story.

Interesting.

Tillery is blessed to have guys like Mosley blocking for him. I told quite a few around here that Mosley was going to be a beast on the line. He was supposed to go to Alcorn, but Odums flipped him on signing day. Him and Markus Cook of JSU can hold there own against any team they face including FBS programs. Dade of Alcorn, Freeman of PV, Admas of UABP and another kid I saw from Bama State could be in that debate as well.

Anyway, Tillery is a good kid with a good story. I hope he plays on Sundays so it could turn into a great story.
Not true about Mosley. Stump signed Mosley. Remember him telling us about him in QB club meeting two weeks before signing day.

SWAC Preseason Offensive Player of the year (2006-2016):

2016: Lenard Tillery, RB, Southern
2015: John Gibbs Jr., QB, Alcorn State
2014: Ben Anderson, QB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2013: Ben Anderson, QB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2012: Dawarence Roberts, RB, Grambling
2011: Casey Therriault, QB, Jackson State
2010: KJ Black, QB, Prairie View
2009: Bryant Lee, QB, Southern
2008: Bryant Lee, QB, Southern
2007: Chris Wallace, QB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2006: Aries Nelson, QB, Mississippi Valley
————————

Two of the last 10 SWAC Preseason Offensive POTYs were not quarterbacks (Roberts, 2012 and Tillery, 2016).
UAPB's Anderson and Southern's Lee were the only back-to-back choices in the last 10 years.
UAPB and Southern are the only schools to have multiple preseason offensive POTYs in the last 10 years (UAPB: Anderson & Wallace; Southern: Tillery & Lee).

Gibbs is the last preseason POTY to win a SWAC title in the same season he was named preseason POTY.

SWAC Preseason Offensive Player of the year (2006-2016):

2016: Lenard Tillery, RB, Southern
2015: John Gibbs Jr., QB, Alcorn State
2014: Ben Anderson, QB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2013: Ben Anderson, QB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2012: Dawarence Roberts, RB, Grambling
2011: Casey Therriault, QB, Jackson State
2010: KJ Black, QB, Prairie View
2009: Bryant Lee, QB, Southern
2008: Bryant Lee, QB, Southern
2007: Chris Wallace, QB, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
2006: Aries Nelson, QB, Mississippi Valley
————————

Two of the last 10 SWAC Preseason Offensive POTYs were not quarterbacks (Roberts, 2012 and Tillery, 2016).
UAPB's Anderson and Southern's Lee were the only back-to-back choices in the last 10 years.
UAPB and Southern are the only schools to have multiple preseason offensive POTYs in the last 10 years (UAPB: Anderson & Wallace; Southern: Tillery & Lee).

Gibbs is the last preseason POTY to win a SWAC title in the same season he was named preseason POTY.
I hated that Bryant Lee didn't win a championship. He was a winner in high school.

I hated that Bryant Lee didn't win a championship. He was a winner in high school.

Even if you go to 2005 (Tavaris Jackson, Alabama State) and 2004 (Bruce Eugene, Grambling) ... they also didn't lead teams to SWAC titles in those years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bruce got hurt in 2004.

Even if you go to 2005 (Tavaris Jackson, Alabama State) and 2004 (Bruce Eugene, Grambling) ... they also didn't lead teams to SWAC titles in those years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bruce got hurt in 2004.
Yea Bruce got hurt tore his acl. That's the year we lost the classic and the championship. Smh

2005: Tavaris Jackson, QB, Alabama State
2004: Bruce Eugene, QB, Grambling
2003: Bruce Eugene, QB, Grambling
2002: Robert Kent, QB, Jackson State
2001: ???
2000: Corey Holmes, RB, Mississippi Valley
1999: Sylvester Morris, WR, Jackson State

So in the SWAC Championship game era, only three running backs were named preseason offensive player of the year (Tillery, Roberts and Holmes).
Only four-non quarterbacks in the SCG era were named offensive POTY in preseason (Tillery, Roberts, Holmes and Morris)

I stayed pulling for Bryant Lee. He was an EXCEPTIONAL talent both as a student and an athlete. He was/is a very special young man.

When we laid Bryant Lee out in that 2008 game against Alcorn. For him to even get up after that and still play after that was amazing.

When we laid Bryant Lee out in that 2008 game against Alcorn. For him to even get up after that and still play after that was amazing.
He got laid out right in front of the band. All of us thought he was going to get carted out for sure. We couldn't believe that he actually managed to still play. He stayed taking big hits like that. lol

su folks are ignoring the huge elephants in the room, both on offense and defense. su lost their better and truest offensive coordinator and have a totally new defensive scheme which they have NO hint of what to expect.
Odoms is not a defensive guy, which is what su needs more than anything.

Back