If y'all mythical stat champs don't get out of this Spring 2016 thread with bull lol
Grambling & Alcorn went to championship but if I didn't know any better I'd swear those division runner uppers won the Ship & Celebration Bowl. It's April & these folks still begging for praise for beating a "sorry, undisciplined" JSU team. Somebody give them a certificate or something. Let me email the swac office.

Yall hired undisciplined coaches......Quit using excuses.....can't wait to hear the one for this year....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
To be honest, I thought they were more physical in the beginning of the season. Them boys came out hitting against my G-Men, and even played Middle Tennessee State pretty tough in the early minutes of the game.

Nah... but also, we played the better teams at the top of the season and a part of our defensive woes was offense. Our offense kept putting them in bad positions.

Nah... but also, we played the better teams at the top of the season and a part of our defensive woes was offense. Our offense kept putting them in bad positions.
Yep, that defense stayed on the field too much with turnovers and 3 and outs back to back to back.

If Ivy comes in and stays healthy the whole season then I think it can spell trouble for any SWAC team. That's kids a pretty good player from what I have been seeing the last few years. If he is healthy and a few people step up for them then I wouldn't be surprised to see them compete for the top spot in the East.

If Ivy comes in and stays healthy the whole season then I think it can spell trouble for any SWAC team. That's kids a pretty good player from what I have been seeing the last few years. If he is healthy and a few people step up for them then I wouldn't be surprised to see them compete for the top spot in the East.

Yea a healthy Ivy with a running game would do wonders for our team. It looks like we will have that this season. We've been one dimensional that past 2 years.

Yall hired undisciplined coaches......Quit using excuses.....can't wait to hear the one for this year....

We have the most respected coach in the state of Mississippi he is building something great at JSU no excuses (I would be surprise if we win 7+)...ALCORN the cocky cousin who just got their refund check but still stays in the hood is in for a rude awakening in the upcoming years....

I know the few JSU fans who I have a truce with around here are tired of me saying this, but Ivy showed me the heart of a warrior before he broke his leg. He has since then tried to change his game and plays a little shellshocked. The kid can really be a monster if he has what he needs on the field and in his mine. I will be spying on him and Mike Haywood this season. Lol.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I know the few JSU fans who I have a truce with around here are tired of me saying this, but Ivy showed me the heart of a warrior before he broke his leg. He has since then tried to change his game and plays a little shellshocked. The kid can really be a monster if he has what he needs on the field and in his mine. I will be spying on him and Mike Haywood this season. Lol.

Coaching matters no QB could make Chang's offense work. The half a game Ivy played in against Tulane and the year and a half he played under Jackson the only difference is coaching. Better HC/OC and offensive line coach in '13 (Comegy/McCall/Black) compared to Jackson, a grad assistant OC, and grad assistant offensive line coach. We've made upgrades in all 3 this year with Hughes/Germany/Jones. Ivy will be fine

Coaching matters no QB could make Chang's offense work. The half a game Ivy played in against Tulane and the year and a half he played under Jackson the only difference is coaching. Better HC/OC and offensive line coach in '13 (Comegy/McCall/Black) compared to Jackson, a grad assistant OC, and grad assistant offensive line coach. We've made upgrades in all 3 this year with Hughes/Germany/Jones. Ivy will be fine
How's the O-line looking for you guys this year?

How's the O-line looking for you guys this year?

They OL returned a bunch of experience. They looked good so far this Spring. We should definitely be able to run the ball this year (which is what we've been missing offensively the past two seasons). Based off everything I've read/heard or seen via periscope/fan videos we will be much improved offensively with Germany/Jones running the show.

Dang, it is time to go get our Lorman magnolia bowl trophy again. I hope they put those temp stands up again and make the stadium half way comfortable for us like they been doing.
That sure is nice of them.
Yelp ....experience a game on a campus....n maybe yall will one day....still kickin yo azz in that hand me down in Jackson too..

We have the most respected coach in the state of Mississippi he is building something great at JSU no excuses (I would be surprise if we win 7+)...ALCORN the cocky cousin who just got their refund check but still stays in the hood is in for a rude awakening in the upcoming years....
Recruiting don't equal a great coach....He'll been just like Harold...back in the nursing home.

Back