Texas Southern Athletics on the Rise!

mhurd97

This has been a banner year for Texas Southern University Athletics. I'm so very proud that we have the support and leadership form the University that is needed to continue this success of late. I have included an excerpt of an e-mail that I sent on 3/11/15 to our Athletic Director, Dr. Charles McClelland:

"As I reflect on your arrival to Texas Southern University and your commitment, dedication, and vision of where this athletic program could ascend was not an easy feat. Even though you knew we had to get through the NCAA sanctions you never wavered or redirected course. Your message has been consistent from the start in that we would run a clean program, graduate athletes, and compete for championships. You had my buy-in early on as I knew you had the work ethic, self-confidence, and ability to achieve those goals. I recognize that hard-work that you and your entire team have done to make that vision a reality and more to come. That being said, congratulations on the great accomplishments so far, including the recognition of Coach Mike Davis as Men’s Coach Of The Year, Johnetta Hayes-Perry as Women’s Coach Of The Year, Madarious Gibbs as Player Of the Year. In addition, SWAC Championships in Men’s Indoor Track and Field, Women’s , and Men’s Basketball."

Now, I must add both baseball and softball championships!

I have tremendous amount of admiration for both JSU and SU because of the strong winning traditions that they have amassed over the years. These two schools have won so many championships in various sports for decades. This level of winning is expected from the perspective fan bases and I am most excited about the future of our athletic programs and the pent-up hunger from our alumni, students, and friends to support Winners! The good news for us is that the wait is almost over. Football is the last frontier for us and once that happens it will place us in a very good position.

In Tiger Spirit,
c/o'97

Congratulations to the TSU athletic dept. for a banner year and good luck going forward.
You have a first class AD with a clear vision for your institution.
He happens to be Prairie View product.
Click HERE for a story about Dr. Charles McClelland.

Congratulations to the TSU athletic dept. for a banner year and good luck going forward.
You have a first class AD with a clear vision for your institution.
He happens to be Prairie View product.
Click HERE for a story about Dr. Charles McClelland.

Why would you think we don't know his story?

Why would you think we don't know his story?

I'm sorry if I insulted your or J-State2DaPoint's intelligence by posting the positive story of Dr. Charles McClleland.
The post (story) I put up is not intended for the individuals who know, but the masses that didn't including myself who had never seen that story before today.
More than just SWAC fans read post on this site and it's my intent to showcase to the world the positive and intelligent individuals such as Dr. McClelland.
Once again congratulations to TSU and a great post by mhurd97(TSU) for sharing with us (SWAC family) the accomplishments of TSU.

I'm sorry if I insulted your or J-State2DaPoint's intelligence by posting the positive story of Dr. Charles McClleland.
The post (story) I put up is not intended for the individuals who know, but the masses that didn't including myself who had never seen that story before today.
More than just SWAC fans read post on this site and it's my intent to showcase to the world the positive and intelligent individuals such as Dr. McClelland.
Once again congratulations to TSU and a great post by mhurd97(TSU) for sharing with us (SWAC family) the accomplishments of TSU.
Don't post anything about their AD lol

No, please post all you'd like about him.

I think the way your original post reads was as if you were letting Texas Southern posters know that he is a Prairie View A&M product when we all are familiar with his background. I knew you were mentioning that to the masses on the board and thanks for the comments and kudos!

Texas Southern has to be in the running for the Commissioner's Cup this year.......

We may be the solid runner up this season for a couple of reasons...

1) We don't have a men's & women's tennis program
2) Alabama State has been too solid on both sides (men & women)

Not offended at all and since you've explained your intent I will apologize to you.

Texas Southern has the resources to be a Goliath of a program in the SWAC.

I agree. Except football. :D

In their CURRENT state and w/ their CURRENT recruiting strategy, they will NOT be successful in football. We'll explain it to them face to face when we face them in a few months and then after, we'll pray to Rah the Sun god, Apollo, Zeus, Athena, Achilles, God, Buddha, and Allah that they don't try to make a play for our current football staffers :( . But, it's in them to go after what they want w/ a truckload of $$$$$ (athletic budget) in tow lol.

I wish they were in the running for the M&W cups as well as the overall cup.

I agree. Except football. :D

In their CURRENT state and w/ their CURRENT recruiting strategy, they will NOT be successful in football. We'll explain it to them face to face when we face them in a few months and then after, we'll pray to Rah the Sun god, Apollo, Zeus, Athena, Achilles, God, Buddha, and Allah that they don't try to make a play for our current football staffers :( . But, it's in them to go after what they want w/ a truckload of $$$$$ (athletic budget) in tow lol.

I wish they were in the running for the M&W cups as well as the overall cup.
That's why I used the word "resources". They have to have the right resource users in place.

That's why I used the word "resources". They have to have the right resource users in place.

PVAMU too will have the right "resources" shortly. It's inexcusable for us not to be successful in Division-I FCS for football and Division-I other sports.

I think folks despise SU and JSU more for the alumni's/fan attitudes as opposed to program success as they still act the same when their teams are sorry....at least the ones who live nearby

I think it's a regional thing as the same fan moves to Texas and they become more concerned with other things and lose that "edge"....

sTu should be in contention for the SWAC title in all sports every year. They have a major advantage over every team in the SWAC.

Back