Texas Southern Athletics on the Rise!

sTu should be in contention for the SWAC title in all sports every year. They have a major advantage over every team in the SWAC.

This has been said for as long as I've been affiliated with this message board and all it's transformations.

However you must have the right Board of Regents who supports the President's athletic endeavors who supports a competent Athletic Director's vision (this is something Texas Southern has never had until 2008). Now we must take advantage of it while we can.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
sTu should be in contention for the SWAC title in all sports every year. They have a major advantage over every team in the SWAC.

I agree 99.99% for all sports but football (currently). Their current football coaching staff does NOT leverage their physical existence in the middle of a HS football crazed area that produces enough talent for those out of state entities to recruit as well as themselves. At one point, during the height of the Bill Thomas era, they did. THOSE were the most recent talented sTu football squads from top to bottom. IMHO, it's embarrassing when an Oklahoma State can come in your backdoor, literally, and sign top-notch talented student-athletes where you know those guys will warm their bench for 2-3+ years and could easily contribute to your squad(s) in an impactful manner earlier on.

I think folks despise SU and JSU more for the alumni's/fan attitudes as opposed to program success as they still act the same when their teams are sorry....at least the ones who live nearby

I think it's a regional thing as the same fan moves to Texas and they become more concerned with other things and lose that "edge"....
And just where do you think the attitudes come from dude???

This has been said for as long as I've been affiliated with this message board and all it's transformations.

However you must have the right Board of Regents who supports the President's athletic endeavors who supports a competent Athletic Director's vision (this is something Texas Southern has never had until 2008). Now we must take advantage of it while we can.

Oh yeah, you also need an astute, intelligent, strong leader and beautiful Student Government President (TSUGirl07) at the same time!

I think folks despise SU and JSU more for the alumni's/fan attitudes as opposed to program success as they still act the same when their teams are sorry....at least the ones who live nearby

I think it's a regional thing as the same fan moves to Texas and they become more concerned with other things and lose that "edge"....

Thats the meaning of a real true die hard fan & supporter which can also be a contributing factor to the successes of Jackson State & Southern. You'd be surprised what a lot of alumni/fan support can do, even when the teams sucks. i.e. White schools.

Regardless, aren't we suppose to go hard for our schools? Even when they suck, somebody gotta have their backs.

I jus don't get what the problems is with these other schools as far as alumni/fan support. Especially bigger schools in bigger cities.

But was that the statement that Bane made? No, Bane said:

Then you replied to his comment saying:

You just can't take an ass whooping and keep it moving.
I think it was quite clear SUjag was referring to football. We know TXSU can pack fans in for basketball, but for some reason can't get that duplicated for football. Having a large, supportive crowd in attendance can do wonders for a team.

football is a different animal...the labor day classic's success in the past has caused it to remain the first game of the season...in the average fan's eyes....you lose that game it's basically a wrap and they go elsewhere for the rest of the year unlike at PV, they have Dallas to look forward to so they'll hang around for that and homecoming before team performance kicks in at the end of the year which really determines attendance

even if they've won it...fans still take that wait and see approach as they want them to win thru October before jumping on...

it's a Houston thing as same thing happens at UH, Rice, etc..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think it was quite clear SUjag was referring to football. We know TXSU can pack fans in for basketball, but for some reason can't get that duplicated for football. Having a large, supportive crowd in attendance can do wonders for a team.

In 2010 we had good attendance numbers so I know what it can do for your team.

Man I see the gap between the youth and older generation on this board in our community

I'm a young dude, not sure your age and that's cool...but our generation aint buying that

just quit man...

man you don't get it..

You haven't even said nothing but trolling and now you shoot a link..and I gave you reasons to why the situation is...ok bruh you right I'm wrong...our HBCu need to give back just like how the white alums from white institution do...

Like I said..

It's alot of HBCUs/ SU grad that are in the 10% class in America...I get it...I don't understand why we don't give back as so as the middle class alums and lower clas s alums.. like your UT and SELA/NWST/DUKE/ alums that up the middle class and lower class of America- thus they hate to give back..

Maybe it's a cultural thing!

Cleb and my sTu folks...

I apologize for my role in derailing this thread...

I wish y'all much success (unless y'all playing Southern) lol

Back