Louisville guard Chris Jones gets dismissed from the team......SMDH

Bane

The Vilian
Black men can't win for losing.

Chris Jones sent threatening text

Louisville guard Chris Jones, who was dismissed from the program on Sunday, sent a threatening text message to a woman with whom he has had a relationship for much of the past year.

University of Louisville campus police released a report that says Jones, shortly after the woman messed up his room on the afternoon of Feb. 17, texted that he would "smack TF out of" her, with "TF" interpreted to mean "the f---".

Louisville coach Rick Pitino suspended Jones for the Cardinals' game the next day at Syracuse, but reinstated his starting guard for the following game Saturday against Miami. Jones scored 17 points in the victory over the Hurricanes.

Pitino has not said why Jones was dismissed. But after Louisville's
52-51 victory Monday night at Georgia Tech, the coach said, "unfortunately, we've got to move on. They're like your children. You don't like to see anybody be hurt. But there's also accountability and doing the right things. He didn't. He didn't. Now, he's got to get his life together, get on with life.''

The woman decided not to prosecute Jones, and told police that she preferred someone talk to him about his behavior.

The Dean of Students was to be notified of the incident, the report added.

The Louisville Courier-Journal reported that Jones plans to meet with John Lucas to work on his anger management, however a source with Lucas' camp told ESPN.com that while that might happen, nothing has been finalized as of yet.

Repeated attempts to reach Jones were unsuccessful.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...cardinals-sent-threatening-text-message-woman

shortly after the woman messed up his room

So my question is why are not charges pending against the woman involved and why is she not having to talk to anyone about her anger? If indeed she did vandalize "mess up" his room in any form or fashion?

Apparently, Jones had been having problems at Louisville prior to this latest incident. It appears Pitno had enough of dude.

Apparently, Jones had been having problems at Louisville prior to this latest incident. It appears Pitno had enough of dude.

All of his issues have been on the court related though. I think this is the first off the court incident.

I have a problem with this chick showing up to his crib, him removing himself from the situation by leaving(as men are always instructed to do), she trashes his room/property, and she faces no consequences for her actions.

For those who are gonna reply and ask "What about his text message?" Well, I'm not talking about the text. I'm solely talking about her actions.

Y'all can argue the merits of the dismissal, but y'all honestly believe with the current climate where there is a focus on curbing domestic violence, and violence against women on college campuses, that a guy could send a text message like that and it not at least be investigated by the school/campus police once brought to their attention?

True, if the young woman is a currently-enrolled student and commits an act of vandalism in an on-campus facility...then she should also be up before the Dean of Students ...

But homeboy shouldn't have sent that text.

Y'all can argue the merits of the dismissal, but y'all honestly believe with the current climate where there is a focus on curbing domestic violence, and violence against women on college campuses, that a guy could send a text message like that and it not at least be investigated by the school/campus police once brought to their attention?

DART (Domestic Abuse Resistance Team) had a seminar focusing on domestic abuse against men and a feminist group attempted to boycott it stating that men should just grab themselves by their bootstraps and take it.

Many times men deal with verbal abuse from women but the stats go undocumented because police to do not respond in a similar manner when there is domestic abuse against a woman by a man.

I personally believe the young lady might have been paid to do this.

So basically she got pissed and vandalized his property, but he's the only one penalized for his text. Not a physical act of violence, but a text.

And she now says she doesn't want to press charges... and wants them to talk to HIM about HIS actions? SMH

DART (Domestic Abuse Resistance Team) had a seminar focusing on domestic abuse against men and a feminist group attempted to boycott it stating that men should just grab themselves by their bootstraps and take it.

Many times men deal with verbal abuse from women but the stats go undocumented because police to do not respond in a similar manner when there is domestic abuse against a woman by a man.

I personally believe the young lady might have been paid to do this.

You almost had it until you threw the pick at the 1.

I honestly don't believe this player gets dismissed if not for the relationship he had with Pitino.

Some of the comments Pitino made about him before this incident gave an indication that this kid was someone who always wasn't in the good graces of the Pitino

This garbage about men having to just deal with the shenanigans of women needs to stop. I understand domestic violence is a big deal, but if women are dishing out verbal, emotional, and even physical abuse that also needs to be looked at.

This garbage about men having to just deal with the shenanigans of women needs to stop. I understand domestic violence is a big deal, but if women are dishing out verbal, emotional, and even physical abuse that also needs to be looked at.

So true. Let's also be real and note that some women want the man so much that they are willing to destroy his career and their own fiscal well being by being a vindictive species.

The Louisville Courier-Journal reported that Jones plans to meet with John Lucas to work on his anger management, however a source with Lucas' camp told ESPN.com that while that might happen, nothing has been finalized as of yet.

Let's see..... Lucas is in Houston............ Aaric Murray was with Lucas........ ___________ was with Lucas................

WELCOME TO TEXAS SOUTHERN MR. JONES!!!!!

Let's see..... Lucas is in Houston............ Aaric Murray was with Lucas........ ___________ was with Lucas................

WELCOME TO TEXAS SOUTHERN MR. JONES!!!!!
Eligibility done. Keep his ass out of the SWAC (unless it's Baton Rouge).

Well damn. Let's see how this shat plays out.

Report: Chris Jones charged

Former Louisville Cardinals guard Chris Jones has been charged with raping one woman and sodomizing another and a warrant has been issued for his arrest, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported Thursday morning.

According to the Courier-Journal, one of Jones' alleged victims was a 19-year-old woman and the other was 20.

Jones had been suspended by Louisville coach Rick Pitino on Feb. 17 before the team's game at Syracuse. At that time, Jones was cited in a report by the university police for sending a threatening text to a former girlfriend.

That woman, who decided against prosecuting Jones, was not one of Jones' alleged victims.

Jones was reinstated by Pitino and played in the Cardinals' win over Miami on Saturday. The alleged sexual assaults took place Saturday night, according to the report, and one of Jones' alleged victims, who was hospitalized on Sunday, identified him as the suspect.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...rdinals-guard-chris-jones-charged-rape-sodomy

Back