Young Black Republicans Speak Out!

Yes, Bush did help to worsen the economic condition which was on a decline when he took over for Clinton............but most forget. Bush had no business signing that economic stimulus plan. As for the war, we all have our different opinions, but I did approve the war and the spending to protect this nation from all threats. Sometimes we forget what happened to Pearl Harbor, and that the Japs were in peace discussions with the US while secretly planning to attack Pearl Harbor. What was the lesson learned? Trust no nation!

If I were Bush, the first thing I would have imposed in this country was a mandatory law of a maximum 10% tax across the board. Why? If God can take care of the poor and educate school children with 10%, then the government can do it as well. The second thing I would have done was destroy the IRS, and give all tax responsibility to the States. The third thing I would have done was eradicate the education system, social security, medicaid, and encourage the poor to seek the church for help. This is why God implemented the 10% tithe or an offering, so the church can take care of the poor.........this also brought people who were non Christians to God; and this was also part of God's plan to bring His children closer to Him. On the other hand, the government has demanded more money than God, and God's people are depending and encouraging others to depend on the government instead of God. No where in the constitution or the bible does it say the government is responsible for feeding, providing, or educating people who live in this nation. The only thing the government is responsible for is making sure the rights of the people are upheld........that's all. The fourth law I would have passed would have given oil companies the right to drill in all safe locations, and I would have implemented an immediate plan to build 26 nuclear power plants across this nation.

What's happening in this country goes back to Woodrow Wilson in the year 1913. I'm going to place a quote from Wilson, and if people can comprehend, they will know a small group of men control the world. In other words, they control the stock market, the economy, and now they control GM in the form of a Union.

The Federal Reserve Act

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country.
A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit.
Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation,
therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men.
We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely
controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world.
No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by
conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by
the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

President Woodrow Wilson

http://quotes.liberty-tree.ca/quote_blog/Woodrow.Wilson.Quote.51CE

I am not going to go into this from a religious standpoint because it is base on faith. We both can read a bible verse and we both can have our on take on it. Also, I do not want to come off as something I am not. But having the churches taking care of the poor is a good concept if you have the belief that most human beings are going to always do the right thing when come to the church. However, all churches are not interested in doing Gods work all the time. I can pick up any newspaper in America and find some story of a pastor stealing money from his on church. I am going to leave that alone because it is going to come down to which you want stealing your money, government or the church.
Now as for as Bush signing the economic plan, he had to or our country would have went into another Depression. Monetarist, including Milton Friedman and current Federal Reserve System Chairman Ben Bernanke, argue that the Great Depression was mainly caused by monetary contraction, the consequence of poor policymaking by the American Federal Reserve System and continued crisis in the banking system. In this view, the Federal Reserve, by not acting, allowed the money supply to shrink by one-third from 1929 to 1933, thereby transforming a normal recession into the Great Depression. Friedman argued that the downward turn in the economy, starting with the stock market crash, would have been just another recession. However, the Federal Reserve allowed some large public bank failures which produced panic and widespread runs on local banks, and the Federal Reserve sat idly by while banks collapsed. He claimed that, if the Fed had provided emergency lending to these key banks, or simply bought government bonds on the open market to provide liquidity and increase the quantity of money after the key banks fell, all the rest of the banks would not have fallen after the large ones did, and the money supply would not have fallen as far and as fast as it did. With significantly less money to go around, businessmen could not get new loans and could not even get their old loans renewed, forcing many to stop investing. This interpretation blames the Federal Reserve for inaction, Obama basically used this historical data to bring the Dow from 6700 to around 9400 were it is now. I hate this big government small government argument. I want effective government big or small. Remember, the auto industry came to the government in private jets begging for money. Bush or Obama did not seek them out.

And as for State’s right, if States had total control me and you would be still drinking from the colored folk water fountain.

I am not going to go into this from a religious standpoint because it is base on faith. We both can read a bible verse and we both can have our on take on it. Also, I do not want to come off as something I am not. But having the churches taking care of the poor is a good concept if you have the belief that most human beings are going to always do the right thing when come to the church. However, all churches are not interested in doing Gods work all the time. I can pick up any newspaper in America and find some story of a pastor stealing money from his on church. I am going to leave that alone because it is going to come down to which you want stealing your money, government or the church.

Great post! I just think we tend to forget who turns the nobody into somebody. For example, take a look at the testimony below and ask yourself how many Christian Americans do the following below? I can't speak for everyone, but the reason me and my family don't struggle in life is because we know God takes care of our every need; food, jobs, clothing, entertainment, vacationing, transportation, medication, education, and etc. The government can go down the sink, but I know me and my family will be just fine as long as we take "everything" to God in prayer. He never fails and He will always make a way for those who seek Him early. I'm not trying to preach to you or others, but God is in control, and sometimes He will allow us to go through trials and tribulations if we abandoned Him and His instructions. Instead of our politicians asking for more money, they need to be asking for prayer and forgiveness.

Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

"What a Friend We Have in Jesus"

By Joseph Scriven

I was reminded of this hymn this morning when one of my Facebook friends posted it as her status update. The verse that I posted above is the part of the song that always resonates deeply within me. It's so true and yet time and time again we dodge prayer as if there is nothing to be gained from it. I will point the finger at myself so that no one feels as if I casting stones.

I'm not going to be long-winded with this one. I just wanted to drive home the point that in this time where many of us are experiencing uncertainties in every part of our lives, nothing can be more effective than us going to God in prayer. After all, according to scripture, He is way more equipped to handle our burdens than we are:

Matthew 11
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” http://blog.beliefnet.com/prayerplainandsimple/2009/08/carrying-everything-to-god-in-prayer.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Now as for as Bush signing the economic plan, he had to or our country would have went into another Depression. Monetarist, including Milton Friedman and current Federal Reserve System Chairman Ben Bernanke, argue that the Great Depression was mainly caused by monetary contraction, the consequence of poor policymaking by the American Federal Reserve System and continued crisis in the banking system. In this view, the Federal Reserve, by not acting, allowed the money supply to shrink by one-third from 1929 to 1933, thereby transforming a normal recession into the Great Depression. Friedman argued that the downward turn in the economy, starting with the stock market crash, would have been just another recession. However, the Federal Reserve allowed some large public bank failures which produced panic and widespread runs on local banks, and the Federal Reserve sat idly by while banks collapsed. He claimed that, if the Fed had provided emergency lending to these key banks, or simply bought government bonds on the open market to provide liquidity and increase the quantity of money after the key banks fell, all the rest of the banks would not have fallen after the large ones did, and the money supply would not have fallen as far and as fast as it did. With significantly less money to go around, businessmen could not get new loans and could not even get their old loans renewed, forcing many to stop investing. This interpretation blames the Federal Reserve for inaction, Obama basically used this historical data to bring the Dow from 6700 to around 9400 were it is now. I hate this big government small government argument. I want effective government big or small. Remember, the auto industry came to the government in private jets begging for money. Bush or Obama did not seek them out.

And as for State’s right, if States had total control me and you would be still drinking from the colored folk water fountain.

I feel that Bush had no right to sign the stimulus bill just because a group of people advise him to. He should have used his brain and gave a breakdown on how we got in the mess we're in. The problem with too many of us is that we would rather listen to others instead of listening and reasoning with ourselves. How many times will we vote men into office thinking these men are gonna turn things around, but the men end up failing us? When will we learn not to depend on men? When will we learn that throwing money at a problem doesn't solve a problem? We have central bankers convincing our presidents to give billions of taxpayer money to banks, and Americans sit back and act like nothing happened. Most people don't know this, but it would have been cheaper to write/insure America's debt instead of throwing $1 trillion at the problem. In fact, several billions of stimulus have disappeared and nobody knows where the money went..........stupid. If money was missing out of my bank, I would do everything in my power to find it. We depend too much on the government and not enough on ourselves; and depending on God and ourselves is how we made it thus far..........not the government.

Last edited:
RB you’re right. Bush can’t be totally blamed for the most resent economic down turn. However, Bush did help to make it worst. It was the Republican concept of deregulation or “Trickle Downâ€￾ economics which created haves and have nots. We probably can go back to Eisenhower. We can throw Clinton in there too, because he like Obama felt he had to be more of a moderate in order to get elected. Clinton did a little deregulation also. The system works fine when resources are high and there is enough for everybody like how this country was started. But when your resources are low and only 1% of the population is controlling these resources “Trickle Drownâ€￾ economic don’t work. That 1% of the population is going to do any under handed trick to stay in power, Like any other great empires or nations if you have less haves and more have nots, a revolt is going to happen. With a revolt there is instability and more problems.

That 1% of the population is going to do any under handed trick to stay in power, Like any other great empires or nations if you have less haves and more have nots, a revolt is going to happen. With a revolt there is instability and more problems.
That statement is precise and to the point. :tup:

Back