You New This Was Coming, but Still Amazing.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
You Knew This Was Coming, but Still Amazing.

,,,,,, a 1 terabyte external hard drive???? I can remember the first computer I got had a WHOPPING 44 MEG hard drive. I thought I'd never use up that memory and the hard drive was the size of a brick and about as heavy. Technology is amazing isn't it? :nod

I would be concerned about losing the data if I didn't have it set up in a RAID 1 configuration, if I decided to get them.

Almost time to call this weekend over.

pv_symbiotic said:
I would be concerned about losing the data if I didn't have it set up in a RAID 1 configuration, if I decided to get them.

Almost time to call this weekend over.

No doubt. We use RAID drives in our test sets at work. We've got individual computers with large GB hard drives that capture data that's copied to a RAID drive farm which is also copied to a central server and then when it's on the central server that's copied to a server in CA. We haven't lost any data even with some of the RAID drives dieing (they are late 90s drives and we are running on Windows 2000).

Da_Sperm said:
TERADATA at home, WOW!

Yea!!!! I was thinking about that last week when my 240GB hard drive went bad. I have 160GB of photos. 11,000 pics!!! Even the GeekSquad at Best Buy almost past out when they found out how much data I had. I have a DV movie camera and I tested a 7 minute clip in HD. 30Gigs!!!!!!!:scared: I wound have to purchase a 500GB external hard drive($369.00) to save my 120minute footage. So I love the idea of Teradata at home YES!!!:jump:

pbla said:
Yea!!!! I was thinking about that last week when my 240GB hard drive went bad. I have 160GB of photos. 11,000 pics!!! Even the GeekSquad at Best Buy almost past out when they found out how much data I had. I have a DV movie camera and I tested a 7 minute clip in HD. 30Gigs!!!!!!!:scared: I wound have to purchase a 500GB external hard drive($369.00) to save my 120minute footage. So I love the idea of Teradata at home YES!!!:jump:

how did it go bad? i got a 200 gig ext. hard drive with music and other personal things on it.

Just got some editing software last week. It sucks up mega-bites of memory like nothing. I edited some movies into 1min 30sec cut and that took 40+MB.(but Windows Media Player format takes way less at less quality thank goodness.) I see even more why more memory/storage is better.

Back