You Never know who's watching........

Once again, props to SU Human Juke Box for last weeks show at ULL.

You guys are getting some good reviews and comments from people at other schools:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/greatest-marching-band-ever/

Southern has always had a Great band... and will continue to.... dont understand all these threads that are coming up because white folks tell you you something you already know. Its like yall are making white folks give you the seal of approval. Those Quackers aint say nothing on that thread that I didnt already know.

Southern has always had a Great band... and will continue to.... dont understand all these threads that are coming up because white folks tell you you something you already know. Its like yall are making white folks give you the seal of approval. Those Quackers aint say nothing on that thread that I didnt already know.

That's true and all... But that was posted on a CBS site..
Secondly our same people you speak of are on here constantly hating on SU band, constantly saying we can't F with a Michigan Ohio are what ever...

SU ain't this, yall shoud check out Ohio...and so on...

But like you said you already knew.... But lets not act like it ain't a bunch of folk on here that act like "they don't know"...

I don't see nothing wrong with folk posting what others outside of the HBCU circle think of SU especially when it's several of our own DAYUM folk like Norfolk, FAMU and other that acts like SU wouldn't get the approval of these other BIG great PWC bands...
This link basically dispels that notion.. But like you.. I BEEN knew that.... Im just glad other can read the truth for themselves...

That SU band is the same SU band that's been fielding SU bands for YEARS under Mr.J and Knighten and now added Nate Haymer... And OUR own folks HATERS been saying SU ain't clean ain't this ain't that and them SAME mofos be the ones to TOSS the BIG PWCs in the mix when trying to convince us SU folk of some of their BS..

Glad those white folk calling THOSE people who are supposed to be our own a LIAR...

The Net wasn't poppin like is now my freshman year at SU.. We did a similar show with the TNT special and got calls from everywhere asking about the "S".. Because we playa WHITE school Northwestern..

So no this ain't nothing new to us... But those who spend their time imitating SU and hating on us at the same time, again I am glad THOSE other people are calling them a liar...

Sad but true.. When it com to how great SU band is WHITE folks will tell it a lot faster most of the folk in our conference.. Now that's some sad schit... Anyone that actually follow SU know this ain't too much different from almost every SU band year to year..

Last edited:
Secondly our same people you speak of are on here constantly hating on SU band, constantly saying we can't F with a Michigan Ohio are what ever...

But like you said you already knew.... But lets not act like it ain't a bunch of folk on here that act like "they don't know"...

I don't see nothing wrong with folk posting what others outside of the HBCU circle think of SU especially when it's several of our own DAYUM folk like Norfolk, FAMU and other that acts like SU wouldn't get the approval of these other BIG great PWC bands...
This link basically dispels that notion.. But like you.. I BEEN knew that.... Im just glad other can read the truth for themselves...

That SU band is the same SU band that's been fielding SU bands for YEARS under Mr.J and Knighten and now added Nate Haymer... And OUR own folks HATERS been saying SU ain't clean ain't this ain't that and them SAME mofos be the ones to TOSS the BIG PWCs in the mix when trying to convince us SU folk of some of their BS..

Glad those white folk calling THOSE people who are supposed to be our own a LIAR...

The Net wasn't poppin like is now my freshman year at SU.. We did a similar show with the TNT special and got calls from everywhere asking about the "S".. Because we playa WHITE school Northwestern..

So no this ain't nothing new to us... But those who spend their time imitating SU and hating on us at the same time, again I am glad THOSE other people are calling them a liar...

Sad but true.. When it com to how great SU band is WHITE folks will tell it a lot faster most of the folk in our conference.. Now that's some sad schit... Anyone that actually follow SU know this ain't too much different from almost every SU band year to year..

I feel what you saying Jared... but everything you have stated can be directed to SOME SU folks on this board also.... they do other HBCU bands the same exact way.

1.) I don't recall seeing people hating on SU. I think SU spends too much trying to get everyone to pat them on the back.

2.) SU clearly looks like the top band in HBCU land from week one but it's a long season. You are getting props on this because your preformance was good and your sound was good but the past few years......

1.) I don't recall seeing people hating on SU. I think SU spends too much trying to get everyone to pat them on the back.

2.) SU clearly looks like the top band in HBCU land from week one but it's a long season. You are getting props on this because your preformance was good and your sound was good but the past few years......

EXHIBIT A

SU has the longest standing history in the SWAC for being the best marching band...(Sound and Marching)
This ain't nothing new...

I'm glad you proved my point too.. Because one of them comments on that CBS site also gives props to SU the past few years when the band went to Cali...

:tup:

I feel what you saying Jared... but everything you have stated can be directed to SOME SU folks on this board also.... they do other HBCU bands the same exact way.

Dahill, you should see what SOME SU Folks do when they come to watch the Boom Practice on a Monday Night during the JSU vs MS State Game Week!

Just down right ignorant and disrespectful! :shame:

And I guess that "You Never Know Who's Watching" applies to the BOOM as well b/c they sure were watching that night. (Monday - August 31, 2009)

Last edited:
^^^

What the hell is this dude talking about and what does it have to do with some white folk suggesting SU is the gGreatest. Marching band. Ever.?
Attention seekers I swear...

^^^

What the hell is this dude talking about and what does it have to do with some white folk suggesting SU is the gGreatest. Marching band. Ever.?
Attention seekers I swear...

Attention Seekers? :lol:
Thats exactly what SOME of you SU folk are!
When the spotlight is not on SU's band you all go out of the way to try and take it there.
EXAMPLE: this thread is an attention seeker.

Everybody knows how WHITE folk react after they see a HBCU band on their turf
Everytime its the same thing:
OMG, they're SO loud
OMG, They're so Good
OMG, They're the best band ever
Omg, Our Band Sucks compared to theirs etc...

JSU could go and post all the MSU fans statements about the BOOM but why do that? We could go and post LSU's statements about the BOOM from the NCAA tournery, But why do that? (Remember they said JSU's band is BETTER than SU's... They're WHITE, so does that mean their Opinion is GOLDEN? hmmmm)
We could post the comments from the FLORIDA Fans and all the other Fans who saw the Boom in New Orleans Arena when JSU played Florida.

Bottom Line, Just b/c they're WHITE does not make their Words GOLDEN b/c Trust me, They say the same thing about every BLACK BAND that play loud and dance at the same time.
SU folk hate grambling band, but guess what they have waaaaaaaay more WHITE people who give them props. Does that make them the greatest ever?

Meanwhile: Valley's Band got Major house in Arkansas for their field performance. People were very impressed with their MJ Tribute show! They left Arkansas with the "WHITE" folks buzzing about how great they were.

and now about my first post: I was talking to Dahill, letting him know that the foolishness doesnt just stop here on this BAND BOARD. It actually goes as far as going to a school's campus while a certain band is out on the field practicing.

Do I need to post Pics and the Vid?

you jsu ndude are funny as schit..
SU don't need the white man approval..

What would make a jsu character think SU need someones approval... when jsu is trying to be like SU and has had more than 4 SU grads on their staff while SU has had ZERO jsu grads on it's staff....

Come on nah, at least act like some of you have a little bit of sense..

smh

And them white folk in Mississippi ain't that amused by jsu....:lol:

Most of these white are talking about how clean dynamic, versatile, how organized SU band is... the small things that sets us about from you "average" mofos...

:lol:

Rack Em'

Last edited:
you jsu ndude are funny as schit..
SU don't need the white man approval..

What would make a jsu character think SU need someones approval... when jsu is trying to be like SU and has had more than 4 SU grads on their staff while SU has had ZERO jsu grads on it's staff....

Come on nah, at least act like some of you have a little bit of sense..

smh

And them white folk in Mississippi ain't that amused by jsu....:lol:

Most of these white are talking about how clean dynamic, versatile, how organized SU band is... the small things that sets us about from you "average" mofos...

:lol:

Rack Em'

All this over a BAND. :lol:

Ya know, alot of you JSt'ers try taking pot shots. But, yall just missed the boat when it comes to having alot of pride in something that actually has the return results that we talk about. JSt. folks like to talk cash money isht...but, more times than not, they DON'T come thru. *looks to make sure this is the band board*...and, that includes band.

Last edited:
Attention Seekers? :lol:
Thats exactly what SOME of you SU folk are!
When the spotlight is not on SU's band you all go out of the way to try and take it there.
EXAMPLE: this thread is an attention seeker.

Everybody knows how WHITE folk react after they see a HBCU band on their turf
Everytime its the same thing:
OMG, they're SO loud
OMG, They're so Good
OMG, They're the best band ever
Omg, Our Band Sucks compared to theirs etc...

JSU could go and post all the MSU fans statements about the BOOM but why do that? We could go and post LSU's statements about the BOOM from the NCAA tournery, But why do that? (Remember they said JSU's band is BETTER than SU's... They're WHITE, so does that mean their Opinion is GOLDEN? hmmmm)
We could post the comments from the FLORIDA Fans and all the other Fans who saw the Boom in New Orleans Arena when JSU played Florida.

Bottom Line, Just b/c they're WHITE does not make their Words GOLDEN b/c Trust me, They say the same thing about every BLACK BAND that play loud and dance at the same time.
SU folk hate grambling band, but guess what they have waaaaaaaay more WHITE people who give them props. Does that make them the greatest ever?

Meanwhile: Valley's Band got Major house in Arkansas for their field performance. People were very impressed with their MJ Tribute show! They left Arkansas with the "WHITE" folks buzzing about how great they were.

and now about my first post: I was talking to Dahill, letting him know that the foolishness doesnt just stop here on this BAND BOARD. It actually goes as far as going to a school's campus while a certain band is out on the field practicing.

Do I need to post Pics and the Vid?

Exact thing I said when I read this load of crap....

The cat started this thread because he wanted to share with the rest of you loons what is being said about SU publicly..

Hell you post what's being said about jsu (although we all know since Motown no one is that impressed with jsu anyone... how ever that's not SU's fault) when ever the hell you feel like it..To me it sound like you and a few others are a bit upset..

I mean dayum..
You really didn't have to respond to this thread..

Nothing bad was sad about jsu...

dayum!!

Rack em'

Ya know, alot of you JSt'ers try taking pot shots. But, yall just missed the boat when it comes to having alot of pride in something that actually has the return results that we talk about. JSt. folks like to talk cash money isht...but, more times than not, they DON'T come thru. *looks to make sure this is the band board*...and, that includes band.

I guess we should be talking about 8 counts..

it's a dayum shame these grown arse neggas that say it's just band all up in a band forum getting jealous because someone posted something from a CBS website about SU's.... you guess it.."BAND"....
Now yall see why I say some of these tired arse neggas are full of shcit...
smh

Rack Em'

Exact thing I said when I read this load of crap....

The cat started this thread because he wanted to share with the rest of you loons what is being said about SU publicly..

Hell you post what's being said about jsu (although we all know since Motown no one is that impressed with jsu anyone... how ever that's not SU's fault) when ever the hell you feel like it..To me it sound like you and a few others are a bit upset..

I mean dayum..
You really didn't have to respond to this thread..

Nothing bad was sad about jsu...

dayum!!

Rack em'

We all know who the two top bands are. ANd I give SU props for those comments by those posters. To me you represent all of us so job well done.

Yes, JSU gets the same compliments after playing at MSU, but this is an SU thread, let it be that and give SU their props where due, it was a really great energized show for real. Everybody should compliment each other for real. EVERYBODY Trp. :lol:

Good show y'all, looking forward to the BoomBox Classic in 3 weeks.

We all know who the two top bands are. ANd I give SU props for those comments by those posters. To me you represent all of us so job well done.

Yes, JSU gets the same compliments after playing at MSU, but this is an SU thread, let it be that and give SU their props where due, it was a really great energized show for real. Everybody should compliment each other for real. EVERYBODY Trp. :lol:

Good show y'all, looking forward to the BoomBox Classic in 3 weeks.

Im looking forward to it.. I'll be hitting the road with 3 JSU grads.. putting up with their crap for a 2 hour ride back and from... I'm thinking real hard about actually riding with them clowns..lol

Since J-State2DaPoint is obviously invious of SU..

I'll help him out:

JSU former announcer Cymbal section leader former drum instructor former JSU TSpn poster Cortez was on the Lil Wayne special last night..

If some of you didn't know he is Lil Wayne Manager and President of Young Money Records...

I just didn't like how he used a lame excuse about how he(Lil Wayne)couldn't come back to New Orleans because of Hurrican Katrina.... That BS ...it's other reasons....

And I hate how they showed all the rough neighborhoods and saying New Orelans was like a 3rd world country.... I have no idea why they like to make New orleans look so rough to the public when they were living in some of the best parts of New Orleans for a good lil while before the storm...

But there you go J-State2DaPoint..

YAYY JSU!!!

Rack Em'

Im looking forward to it.. I'll be hitting the road with 3 JSU grads.. putting up with their crap for a 2 hour ride back and from... I'm thinking real hard about actually riding with them clowns..lol

Since J-State2DaPoint is obviously invious of SU..

I'll help him out:

JSU former announcer Cymbal section leader former drum instructor former JSU TSpn poster Cortez was on the Lil Wayne special last night..

If some of you didn't know he is Lil Wayne Manager and President of Young Money Records...

I just didn't like how he used a lame excuse about how he(Lil Wayne)couldn't come back to New Orleans because of Hurrican Katrina.... That BS ...it's other reasons....

And I hate how they showed all the rough neighborhoods and saying New Orelans was like a 3rd world country.... I have no idea why they like to make New orleans look so rough to the public when they were living in some of the best parts of New Orleans for a good lil while before the storm...

But there you go J-State2DaPoint..

YAYY JSU!!!

Rack Em'

Don't forget, my CB is Wayne's business manager

HA!

SU has a great band. I have always liked them. JSU does too. That baby blue on dark blue looks marvelous on both.

do you? :lol:

I know who "I" think are the top bands and I've seen them all damn near. But as usual, you're trying to crack jokes. I was trying to be serious.

Am I...really?....:retard:

Get a lil closer to the screen...cuz, I really want you to read what I type correctly and get a sense of how "serious" O'Blade is.

==>I don't GAF who YOU think is Top 2. And, just the same, I don't GAF who you THINK I should feel is Top 2.<==

I'll ask again....
Do we all, really?

Back