Yelp shares surge in stock market debut

SUJagFan

Yelp's stock opened to five-star reviews from investors on Friday, soaring 60 percent in the first hour of trading after pricing at $15 on Thursday night.
The online reviews site's initial public offering priced above its targeted range of $12 to $14 per share. That already suggested strong investor demand for a slice of the 8-year-old online reviews site, which has yet to turn a profit.

Shares added about $9 to $24 Friday morning.

Hmmm.

I've seen this before.

Eight year old site that has yet to turn a profit. Yet, the stock is soaring.

I'm thinking about shorting this puppy.

What say you, investors?

Yelp's stock opened to five-star reviews from investors on Friday, soaring 60 percent in the first hour of trading after pricing at $15 on Thursday night.
The online reviews site's initial public offering priced above its targeted range of $12 to $14 per share. That already suggested strong investor demand for a slice of the 8-year-old online reviews site, which has yet to turn a profit.

Hmmm.

I've seen this before.

What say you, investors?

I say go for it! I used Yelp for the first time a few weeks ago. I had never heard of it before.

Hmmm.

I've seen this before.

What say you, investors?
How is this going for you?

How is this going for you?

Interesting you should ask.

Apparently, others had the same idea I did and the price went down to around $20 for the next few days.

Since then, the price has gone up to $30 but today the price is down 5% to $26.47 at this moment.

I'm betting that the price is going to drop after their next quarterly report if they don't make any money. The institutional investors may stick around, but I think individual investors are going to be very skittish if this thing doesn't turn a profit soon.

We'll see if I'm right.

Yeah, I jumped at it and saw that the price is dropping. Well, I'll just stick around and see where it goes before belling.

Back