Yard Experts....

Braveman12

I am working with a newly sodded yard and I need to make sure I don't kill it. I've been advised to let it grow... well, it is growing well near the house (moisture), but in other spots, it's not...

What are some tips in making sure I take care of my yard in its early stages?

I am working with a newly sodded yard and I need to make sure I don't kill it. I've been advised to let it grow... well, it is growing well near the house (moisture), but in other spots, it's not...

What are some tips in making sure I take care of my yard in its early stages?

Continue to water your yard! I wouldn't suggest planting any new grass seeds since you already have sod there. Just keep watering your grass, plus the weather will start changing soon and will become a lot colder and the grass will start to turn brown.

You can fertilize the yard in the fall depending upon the type of grass you have. Bermuda and St. Augustine can be fertilized while still green in Sept or Early Sept. After that you'll just have to wait and be ready to tackle your yard late winter early spring.

You can fertilize the yard in the fall depending upon the type of grass you have. Bermuda and St. Augustine can be fertilized while still green in Sept or Early Sept. After that you'll just have to wait and be ready to tackle your yard late winter early spring.

I have Bermuda grass, so right now, I've been watering it. I have a little crabgrass starting to grow on the edges. :shame:

I haven't cut the grass yet, but I'm considering it in the next few days. It's growing wild in some places and hardly at all in others.

You can cut the grass, it won't hurt, it may even help. When you mow it will drop extra seeds. Other than that, just water. Next spring you may want to think about aeration, because new sod will sometimes thatch up and leave some rough spots.

Back