Yang Yang Twins (Whatever their Names Are?)

kbSU89

Have you heard their Whisper song? :eek: I can't believe anyone would want to listen or even buy that crap of a song.

Call me what you will, but that is not music. I heard it for the first time, and I heard the clean version. I would not want my children to even listen to the clean version of the song. The real version is truly sad.

What has happened to real music? I am glad I am old enough to look back and remember real and true music.

89comSUgrad said:
Have you heard their Whisper song? :eek: I can't believe anyone would want to listen or even buy that crap of a song.

Call me what you will, but that is not music. I heard it for the first time, and I heard the clean version. I would not want my children to even listen to the clean version of the song. The real version is truly sad.

What has happened to real music? I am glad I am old enough to look back and remember real and true music.
I do like the beat to "Halftime, Stand up and Get Crunk". The song on Coach Carter movie.

89comSUgrad said:

You ain't by yourself. It's garbage.

:lol: @ jag4life...K~, where have you been girl? This song is old now...they don't even play it that much anymore. Besides, what's the difference in this song and all the other rap songs out today? All of them are talking about the same things...and all the videos are alike.

btw, I actually like this one...but it's the beat that gets my attention, b/c I love to dance.

I guess I must be out of touch with the world. I listen to the radio and watch video's sometimes, however this was my first time ever hearing(could be because they are whispering..lol) that song.

Go Figure

-Present
-Michael Jackson acquitted
-Disco is born <------------------- you are here
-Dinosaurs roam the earth

:lol:

89comSUgrad said:
I guess I must be out of touch with the world. I listen to the radio and watch video's sometimes, however this was my first time ever hearing(could be because they are whispering..lol) that song.

Go Figure

Well now they are playing a song on the radio by a young lady, LET'S HAVE SEX WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED!! No cursing. It's not a rap song either. Man.... the suggestions she makes in that song wheeew!!

But I understand what you saying 89comSUgrad. I've been in music for a long time, I just hate to see or not see our young Black artist express their creativity in playing more instruments and conscience lyrics. But I do see a trend back more to the R&B style of the 70's and early 80's.

jag4life said:
Dang you're like 5 months late.

I was thinking that too....I looked to see the date of this thread and it's today...I like it cause it's orignial, but I agree, I wouldn't want my kids (if I had any) to be walkin around talking about "Wait till you see my......"

89comSUgrad said:

I feel ya. I turn the channel whenever I see the video come on. And I don't really listen to the radio stations that play their music.

Hell, yall act like this song is 20 dayum years old.But anyway,in our culture the younger generation will always try to "out do" the older generation. Just imagine the type of songs on what the now 8 and 10 year old kids will be making when they become 21year old rappers. They will definitely will try to make a song , which in their mind that is "More Hip" than the 'WHISPER SONG'.
Just because it's new don't make it right.

pbla said:
Hell, yall act like this song is 20 dayum years old.But anyway,in our culture the younger generation will always try to "out do" the older generation. Just imagine the type of songs on what the now 8 and 10 year old kids will be making when they become 21year old rappers. They will definitely will try to make a song , which in their mind that is "More Hip" than the 'WHISPER SONG'.
Just because it's new don't make it right.

Man that song ain't hip. The word crunk ain't in my vocabulary. Ying yangish type songs ain't that serious. I am suprised our taste have regressed to this point. I let The Two Live Crew and Master P slide, but this mess. OH H@LL NAW!!!!!!!!

I don't care how old or how young the song is , I don't like that particular song.
Nothing serious, just my taste as I am sure everyone has their own

Topic of Discussion:emlaugh:

You're not the only one not feeling that *so-called* song. If I hear a hint of the beat I immediately turn the radio dial!

Dang Ya'll sound like your parents remember when they would say the same things about the music of our teen and young adult years. :)

I think everyone can agree that people and music change along with time. Music isn't as good as it was back in the day. Speaking from a young person's perspective: The song is very creative and I like it.

bigtyme2 said:
Dang Ya'll sound like your parents remember when they would say the same things about the music of our teen and young adult years. :)

Naaah, I can't agree with you on that one bruh. One time last month my mother who is 79 years old made the comment that kids don't know what music is today.She liked Earth Wind & Fire.

silentrage said:
I don't think the music of our teen years was this graphic and degrading (to women).

Can you remember 2 Live Crew or Too $hort? I guess yall musta forgot!

Mike said:

MY point exactly...honestly when I become a parent there's not too much I will be able to tell my children not to listen to....since my future wife is a song a writer.

Mike said:

Do I remember 2 Live Crew and Too $hort? Heck yeah...They were the YingYang Twins of our days....You Ain't Nothin but a hoochie mama......Let me stop....

Back