Y'all in here bickering like batches and "THEY" are busily coming for you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What is the purpose of this thread title?
Do you feel threatened by the Marching Chiefs?

Yes, I feel VERY threatened by them and too many others as they attempt to appropriate a culture that is NOT theirs to ATTRACT and RETAIN YOC (Youth Of Color).

When they drop their instruments and start singing the song, then will you understand the purpose of this thread.

University of Memphis plays at least half of TN State's catalog. It is what it is.

What does piss me off though is when I see our bands giving fellatio to Ohio State and the likes. And that's not hating on them at all, but we go overboard with the praise sometimes.

Yes, I feel VERY threatened by them and too many others as they attempt to appropriate a culture that is NOT theirs to ATTRACT and RETAIN YOC (Youth Of Color).

When they drop their instruments and start singing the song, then will you understand the purpose of this thread.

I understand, but I don’t give two sh!ts about non HBCU bands. Whatever they do will never duplicate what our bands do.

they can play all the songs they want & do whatever dance, but they don’t have the soul & passion we do.

the band I’m working with, we have 10 seniors & only 2 want to go to PWIs, & they are the ones who don’t want to do band in college.

PWI bands will never be a threat to recruiting for HBCU bands.

I understand, but I don’t give two sh!ts about non HBCU bands. Whatever they do will never duplicate what our bands do.

they can play all the songs they want & do whatever dance, but they don’t have the soul & passion we do.

the band I’m working with, we have 10 seniors & only 2 want to go to PWIs, & they are the ones who don’t want to do band in college.

PWI bands will never be a threat to recruiting for HBCU bands.
It’s recruiting of TAG students and student-athletes though, hornet.

All of it is tied together.

I laughed Saturday night when FSU beat North Carolina the band played Do whatcha wanna, Neck, and Nas Hate me now consecutively.

I vaguely remember before FAMU band got in all of that trouble, they were bashed for letting some folks march with them from Florida State to up their numbers marching....LOL

University of Memphis plays at least half of TN State's catalog. It is what it is.

What does piss me off though is when I see our bands giving fellatio to Ohio State and the likes. And that's not hating on them at all, but we go overboard with the praise sometimes.
Shit I don’t. Ever time I see them talking about I tell them “Get in front of the Boom or the Juke.”

Exactly. I remember arguing with someone on another board about corps style bands sounding better than HBCUs, and my exact response was "don't include my band in that...if they sound better than your band, just say that. You don't speak for us".
Shit I don’t. Ever time I see them talking about I tell them “Get in front of the Boom or the Juke.”

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Exactly. I remember arguing with someone on another board about corps style bands sounding better than HBCUs, and my exact response was "don't include my band in that...if they sound better than your band, just say that. You don't speak for us".
I’ll never forget when Alcorn turnt towards USM and ate they ass up. I was so proud. If they want to copy us so bad give them the real heat.

Back