Yahoo Photos changing

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Yahoo is discontinuing their photo section and will either delete or move your photos to another service. They give you the following choices, Flickr, Kodak Gallery, Shutterfly, Snapfish, and Photobucket.

Which is the better choice to use?

I have until 9/20 to make my decision or lose all my photos I have there.

I can only use one of the choices they have up there for them to do it automatically. Other than that I would have to download them (each photo, 1 by 1) to my computer and then move them to another service.

Yahoo is discontinuing their photo section and will either delete or move your photos to another service. They give you the following choices, Flickr, Kodak Gallery, Shutterfly, Snapfish, and Photobucket.

I shole was gonna ask the same thing on here. :lol:

But yeah, the majority of my photos are on Yahoo and I'on know which one to choose either. :confused:

I picked Flickr and it seems to be working fine..

Facebook has the ability to upload pictures, but it wasn't really made for that purpose. Also, non-facebook users probably won't be able to see your pictures. Out of the choices I'd say go with either Flickr or Photobucket.

I use Flickr because you can allow others to view your photos and they do not have to reigister with the service. In the past, I've received photo album notifications from friends who use Shutterfly, Snapfish, and Kodak and I can't view their photos without providing my e-mail address and getting a logon to their service. :tdown: When I get those, I don't view those photos because I know I am not going to use that service and see no need to register.

I also have a smugmug site.

Facebook has the ability to upload pictures, but it wasn't really made for that purpose. Also, non-facebook users probably won't be able to see your pictures. Out of the choices I'd say go with either Flickr or Photobucket.

You can allow non-Facebook users to view your photos by inviting to see your photo gallery. They don't have to register to see them either.

Does Flicker allow you to lock albums and keep people from seeing them like yahoo does?

Does Flicker allow you to lock albums and keep people from seeing them like yahoo does?

Yes.

Flickr FAQ

How do I share my photos with *just* my friends and family?

1. Set your photos to be visible to only your friends or family (that is, not public). You can choose this option as you upload your photos, for individual photos already uploaded, by using the Organizr, or as the default setting for all your uploads.
  2. Mark people as friends and family on Flickr. You can do this when you invite them or by using the Person menu to select friends and family members who are already Flickr members.
After you mark your family and friends and set the appropriate privacy level on your photos, your family and/or friends can see your photos under the "Contacts" link at the top of each page.

Nooooo, I have photos on yahoo. Did they send you an email?

Back