Y’all never told me the Human Jukebox used to be called the Marching 100

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Truthfully, several bands, Tenn. State included, were referred to as the "Marching 100" in old days. In early HBCU band days, kind of the "it" thing was to have a 100 piece band, it somewhat provided legitimacy to the band. Therefore, when bands did, they'd be "the Marching 100". I can't confirm, but if true, I was told that part of the reason why SCSU is the "Marching 101" was to one up FAMU.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well PsychoJag ,... I did it. I got on the band staff and tried to make a difference. Through that whole experience,... I got nothing but love, support and encouragement from Southernites of all people. I retired 9/11/17. I was reading some of them old post and was laughing my ass off. My main agenda was to better the quality of music across the board.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-002214.png
    Screenshot_20210123-002214.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well PsychoJag ,... I did it. I got on the band staff and tried to make a difference. Through that whole experience,... I got nothing but love, support and encouragement from Southernites of all people. I retired 9/11/17. I was reading some of them old post and was laughing my ass off. My main agenda was to better the quality of music across the board.

That’s awesome!

A bunch of bands used 100 in their names back then. This was before Doc took over the band in 1969. I am sure this was Freeman's calling of the band. Anyway the Human Jukebox started with Doc Greggs and he changed the band to fit his image and style.

Back