X-Men: Dark Phoenix

The best X-Men films (X-Men 2, X-Men First Class, and X-Men Days of Future Past) stood out because they infused a good bit of drama and emotion into the film that made you connect with the characters (Days of Future Past especially) then topped it off with some nice action scenes. Apocalypse was decent, but didn't do as good of a job as those 3 films (except for when Magneto's wife and daughter got killed) with making you connect with the characters, which might have been due to the younger cast's inexperience. I'm very interested to see the direction they take in this film. A lot of folks were put off by Last Stand's take on the Dark Phoenix so they have to nail this.

Once Disney gets in the mix with X-Men and Fantastic 4 it will finally be done correctly. Hopefully they recast Jean Grey/Phoenix because the current one sucks. The original one was great though.

Once Disney gets in the mix with X-Men and Fantastic 4 it will finally be done correctly. Hopefully they recast Jean Grey/Phoenix because the current one sucks. The original one was great though.
The concern with Disney is what's going to happen to Deadpool. Everything about him screams Rated R or even worse and I'm not sure they are willing to keep that direction going. lol

I just need Disney to realize that X-Men has a dark storyline and requires a different tone than the current MCU movies.

The concern with Disney is what's going to happen to Deadpool. Everything about him screams Rated R or even worse and I'm not sure they are willing to keep that direction going. lol

I just need Disney to realize that X-Men has a dark storyline and requires a different tone than the current MCU movies.

They would be crazy not to keep Deadpool R rated. That movie still sold a ton with the R rating. I agree they gotta keep X-Men dark (in some aspects).

They would be crazy not to keep Deadpool R rated. That movie still sold a ton with the R rating. I agree they gotta keep X-Men dark (in some aspects).
Yeap, it worked for Logan and Deadpool, but has Disney ever been involved with Rated R movies?

This is a solid movie. It may not be given a fair shake by potential viewers and critics, but it was much closer to the comics than Last Stand. The Jean and Scott emotional connection isn't as strong as Jean and Logan in Last Stand, but they did use another character to create that emotional attachment to Jean that may have been lost with Scott. The action was good, had some great visual effects, and even set up the MCU to be able to continue the X-Men films with the same cast.

Hopefully Disney will finally do X-Men and Fantastic 4 Justice. Just imagine what they could do with Doctor Doom.
That might be years down the road. They need to halt some of their other planned movies and move the Fantastic Four and X-Men up in the line.

Back