Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1, 2, 3

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Anybody been watching this? I give it 4 out 5 stars.

The positives: If you were a Wu-Tang Clan fan like myself, you will enjoy seeing how they came up. They talked about it all the time in their music but it's really like the music comes alive.

The negatives: While the acting is not too bad, its not really great. It's hard to figure out who is who because the actors look nothing like the rappers except ODB. They go by their real names. Some names I already knew but others, it took me a minute to figure out. The rhyming helps a little bit because it is easy to recognize their styles as each Wu member was unique and very hard to imitate.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, I am not sharing nothing that is not being talked about in the interviews and that you can't see in the trailers.

It all revolves around Bobby Diggs aka "The RZA." In the process of trying to hold it down for he and his family, the Wu-Tang Clan as they came to be formed as future members gravitated around him. The surprising element for many is that two of the members had some serious beef with each other. It was the two that you would least expect based on their collaborative efforts within the clan.

I just got through with episode 9 that deal with RZA and GZA's first solo projects.

Overall I still give it a 4 out of 5 stars. The whole thing definitely has me returning to 36 Chambers (musically)....Between their first and second albums, all of the Wu-Solos in between and add Supreme Clientele, this group could do no wrong.

Last edited:
Yo, season 2 has been out for a good minute. I just got through peeping episode 6. It is different from any other episode or series for that matter. If you were a Wu-fanatic like myself, you will appreciate how "Protect Ya Neck," was put together from RZA's point of view.

I found a youtube link of this very episode as well but everything (better quality) is still on Hulu.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMUesLgfcw

Last edited:
Back