WTF Southern

This is only Sean Wood's second year. In his first season on Scott's Bluff, the Jags barely made the tourney as the 8th seed. One year later, with a team almost entirely recomposed, they are now the second seed, but more importantly, only one game short of a tie for the championship, having handily destroyed both PV, defending SWAC champions, and TSU, 2018 SWAC champs, in back to back contests this weekend. The hottest team in the conference with 7 consecutive wins, this celebration was just a prelude to what is going to happen in Birmingham in a few days. No, the standard has not been lowered, but is about to go through the roof! All of SWAC should be, and no doubt is, concerned about the Jags! .............TUFF on the BLUFF!

Last edited:
Y’all getting up there with PV in this excitement of beating Texas Southern. At least y’all don’t pay your coach a $5,000. bonus every time he beats TSU. Did y’all storm the court?

I remember back in the 90’s we would storm the court after beating some people. Now day storming the court not even a thought. I can’t remember the last time we stormed the court after a SWAC win.

If we beat Grambling, Southern will have to beat Texas Southern and Prairie View to win the tournament. That is what you call poetic justice.

This is only Sean Wood's second year. In his first season on Scott's Bluff, the Jags barely made the tourney as the 8th seed. One year later, with a team almost entirely recomposed, they are now the second seed, but more importantly, only one game short of a tie for the championship, having handily destroyed both PV, defending SWAC champions, and TSU, 2018 SWAC champs, in back to back contests this weekend. The hottest team in the conference with 7 consecutive wins, this celebration was just a prelude to what is going to happen in Birmingham in a few days. No, the standard has not been lowered, but is about to go through the roof! All of SWAC should be afraid, very afraid! TUFF on the BLUFF!

Stop reaching....

If we beat Grambling, Southern will have to beat Texas Southern and Prairie View to win the tournament. That is what you call poetic justice.

Don't be so presumptuous! Who says PV is going to come out of the top bracket? Did you forget PV dropped 2 in a row this past weekend? Did you forget TSU's back to back skull-draggings this weekend? Johnny Jones and his Maroon & Gray Machine got embarassed both in Lorman and Baton Rouge. SU could win the tourney without having to face either of you. You guys could be history in the early goings!

Last edited:
Don't be so presumptuous! Who says PV is going to come out of the top bracket? Did you forget PV dropped 2 in a row this past weekend? Did you forget TSU's back to back skull-draggings this weekend? Johnny Jones and his Maroon & Gray Machine got embarassed both in Lorman and Baton Rouge. SU could win the tourney without having to face either of you. You guys could be history in the early goings!

We had some player out the last two games. Other than that I don’t know what the hell went on last week. I do know we did play basketball. I don’t think Alcorn and Southern are both fifteen points better than us.

Means what? Meant what spr’ 2019? lol Just another chart of history w/ no bearing on 2020.

Good luck in the game. PV will be waiting for whomever, whenever, whereever.

Just shut up and warm up the Waller County Queen because "lil ole pv" is about to go fishing.....LOL (don't take this unmasking and dethroning personally).
1583828598231.png

I guess after being down so long the standards have been lowered. Whatever happen to (SWAC) Southern Wins Another Championship? This is the best 2nd place finish celebration I have ever seen.

View: https://twitter.com/jaguarhoops/status/1236672299895529476?s=21
You're talking about a team whose win total was in the single digits last season. Of course, they're happy for finishing the season strong and coming in 2nd place. Now they're sights are set for the conference tournament title in Birmingham.

SU’s hey-day is over. This ain’t the 1990s lol. Bama ST has the premiere athl dept in the SWAC; not SU.

The same Bama State that we sent fishing yesterday? No, worries....S.U. is still pv's Daddy. @Herbert77060 is incensed that you would position your soup coolers for such blasphemy. Back in the old days, you could have been put in a pillory for public humiliation for such blaspheme.
1583917728723.png

Back