World Famed vs Storm 5th

tony11

One of the best fifths I've seen this season and witnessed. Next isn't that Grambling arrangement of Across 110th street from 2013?? I'm pretty sure it.

Pv mymymy an gsu love galore good job.

Both bands had control power and song selection nice...another good state fair classic

One of the best fifths I've seen this season and witnessed. Next isn't that Grambling arrangement of Across 110th street from 2013?? I'm pretty sure it.

Pv mymymy an gsu love galore good job.

Both bands had control power and song selection nice...another good state fair classic
I doubt it, maybe it was just arranged similar.

Last edited:

Interesting. I just read in the comments that the arranger gave it to PV for them to play this year. lol
See...thats the same arranger who gave GSU AN AAMU the same arrangements of Fine China and Treasure in 2013.

See...thats the same arranger who gave GSU AN AAMU the same arrangements of Fine China and Treasure in 2013.

AAMUs assistant band director use to write for both AAMU and Grambling before he was officially on staff. He came in 2014 but wrote both songs for both bands in 2013.

AAMUs assistant band director use to write for both AAMU and Grambling before he was officially on staff. He came in 2014 but wrote both songs for both bands in 2013.
AAMU also played the same arrangement of I need you now gsu used it for the FAMU tribute in 2011 and they both play the same arrangement of Mary Jane gsu had the arrangements first but now makes me wanna see the two meet more but wont happen in 2017

Just got all types of sharing going on. lol

The problem with sharing is that most arrangements are written for a certain band with a certain number of different types of instruments. It would be crazy to arrange a song with a trumpet melody with only two trumpets and a few dozen of baritones and trombones. With the trumpets being overpowered by other brass instruments, one will never hear the melody, which is why the same arrangement would sound better with a band that has enough trumpets to carry the melody. Tempo also plays a major part in how an arrangement sounds. SWAC bands arrange songs that have a strong power effect by including a lot of crescendos and decrescendos in their songs, whereas MEAC bands like the monotone concert music type arrangements and then you have bands like Talladega who has a novice arranger who basically copies everything from his alum mater without the help of experienced arrangers nearby. One thing SU is not short of is experienced arrangers who graduated from SU's Music Department and are still living in the Baton Rouge area, which I'm sure is a big help to SU band staff. As one of my frat brothers told me who worked at Southern and was once an arranger for the band, welcome to the NWK club.

Last edited:
AAMU also played the same arrangement of I need you now gsu used it for the FAMU tribute in 2011 and they both play the same arrangement of Mary Jane gsu had the arrangements first but now makes me wanna see the two meet more but wont happen in 2017

True... mario warren was director at whitehaven high but was writing for Grambling ... when aamu got a new director he purchased music from warren. His second year he hired warren as his assistant bd at AAMU... so u saw a lot of the same arrangements by both bands .

Guess he heard the Storm, thought the band would do his arrangement justice and the rest was history.
Don't think that was the case because I'm sure PVU paid for it no one gives away a arrangement btw justice it sounds the same no band. Played it better imo but he gave GSU a shout out in 2013 when it was played. AS I said its a good arrangement. I just think college bands need their own in house director to create a consistent product multiple arrangements mean sometimes different sounds.

Don't think that was the case because I'm sure PVU paid for it no one gives away a arrangement btw justice it sounds the same no band. Played it better imo but he gave GSU a shout out in 2013 when it was played. AS I said its a good arrangement. I just think college bands need their own in house director to create a consistent product multiple arrangements mean sometimes different sounds.

I don't know the details but it wasn't what I read. The Storm has multiple arrangers last I heard so it'd be a waste to pay for something outside... and especially not for that particular song. But I guess its possible. *shrugs*

Back