Wondrous Wisdom from the Word: October 2020

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Good evening all!

Today is the last day of October. It's fall (football weather), and we're 7 months well into the pandemic. November will be here tomorrow (if God says so), and along with it Daylight Savings Time starts!

The United States is in total disarray now, a complete and utter mess! I've never seen things this bad in my soon-to-be 49 years. But even while the leadership of this country has gone completely insane, I still have peace knowing that my Lord God Jehovah STILL sits on the Throne of Grace and Mercy! So, here's the WW for the last day of October! Enjoy!

And remember......Heaven is NOT a Trick and hell sho' aint no Treat!

Remain Consistent in an Inconsistent World

These past (almost) 4 years, we’ve seen a lot of folks throw their morals and values (if they ever had any) to the side. Along with this, we’ve seen this world change its perception on what is truth. One day the world calls one thing ‘bad’. The next day it’ll call the very same thing ‘good’. What was once considered ‘abnormal’ is now thought to be ‘normal’. What was once called ‘peculiar’ is now embraced as ‘familiar’. Doing what’s ‘right’ is frowned upon, and doing what’s ‘wrong’ is rewarded, by the world’s standards. It’s a noisy world, echoing with loud inconsistencies that cause more confusion than clarity.

‘For I am the Lord, I change not…..’ ” -Malachi 3:6 (KJV)

“ ‘Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away’ “-Matthew 24:35 (KJV)​

During this chaotic and inconsistent world, we have good news: GOD REMAINS THE SAME! He has called us to be a light in this dark world (2 Peter 2:9 (KJV), calling us to truth. He has called us to trust Him and His word. Now, more than ever, we must keep the charge God has given us to hold to His commandments, follow them, and be diligent in our studying of them (Psalm 119:4-5 (KJV). The Word of God is not only the lamp that lights the path in our faith walk, but also the rock we stand on in an inconsistent, ever changing world, full of people whose truths waver every day.

Always remember that as ambassadors of Jesus Christ, our truth will never come from the world. Our wisdom will never come from the world. Our truth and wisdom comes from the revelation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus told His disciples before He went to Calvary that He would send them the Holy Spirit, and that He (the Spirit of God) would bring to their memory everything He taught them (John 14:26 (KJV). Let us use this most precious and powerful resource the Lord has given us, so that we may follow the direction of the path God has laid for us. During this pandemic, when things have slowed down, let us become more diligent in studying the Word of God and reflect on His decrees, so that our actions and thoughts will remain consistent in an inconsistent world!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ continue to cover you, keep you and sustain you!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back