Wondrous Wisdom from the Word: May 2020

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello all.

It's the very last day of May. June is a less than 2 hours away, and that means that in 31 more days, half of this year will be over! WOW! Time has flown by!

So much is going on right now. I never thought that I'd be living during the times that Jesus spoke on in Matthew 24, never thought that I'd be alive to see pestilence during my lifetime, but here it is. And during this, we still have greed, corruption, and bigotry going on. With the deaths of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and George Floyd, my mind goes back to 1992, with the injustice that occurred back then at the hands of the police against our Black brothers; today, it's our sisters as well, and other people of color.

Always, I pray you are all well. But I'm praying special prayers to our Lord Jesus Christ for my brothers (again) and for their sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins, friends, neighbors. I trust our Lord, I know He still sits on the Throne; but I understand the protests and even understand the violence. I don't condemn violence, but I do understand it. I'm frustrated and angry and I'm tired of us having to be the ones who are "understanding", "peaceful", "patient". We tried that. It didn't work.

Here is my continuation of the "I AM" series. We look at #5 tonight. Enjoy!

I AM

The Resurrection & the Life
John 11: 25 (KJV)

In the emphasis verse, we find Jesus speaking to Martha. After receiving word that her brother, Lazarus, was sick, Jesus purposely delayed his visit to Bethany and remained in Bethabara (John 10:40, John 1:28) for 2 days. Jesus now says that He and His disciples are to, again, return to Judaea, and upon returning to Bethany, the Lord finds that Lazarus was dead and had been buried 4 days.

The motivation for John 11:25 is triggered by Martha. She knows of the Lord’s wisdom, truth, and compassion and has considered this with all sincerity and carefulness. Martha knows that whatever Jesus asks from God, it will be granted, so when Jesus tells her, “ ‘Thy brother shall rise again’,’”, she promptly answers, “ ‘Yes, I know he will in the resurrection, at the last day’ “.
Now we get to it.

Martha shows 2 sides of her faith. She shows belief in the Word (the ancient Jewish prophecies) concerning the resurrection; and yet, she shows somewhat of a disbelief of faith because the death of her brother still exists and brings her no comfort. So, Jesus says:

“‘I AM the Resurrection and the Life; he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die….’”-John 11:25-26 (KJV)​

Eternal life begins the moment we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as Lord and Savior of our lives. As He is the giver of life, Jesus is saying 2 things: in verse 25, He says that after your body dies, you’re still very much “alive” and can never die again because you will be given a new body from God. A resurrected body, much like Jesus’ that can never die again. Those who die in Christ shall be raised up with a glorious body that will never die again.

The second thing Jesus says (verse 26) is that upon our belief and acceptance of Jesus Christ, we are who are living don’t have to wait until death to be given eternal life. Jesus is the resurrection; He is the one who returns us to life, spiritual life. It is through Jesus that we are returned to the life that God created us to live so that we may experience the true life (truth, wisdom, love) He desires for us. We now have eternal life because we now have the Spirit of God living within us forever; this life will not depart from us.

At the end of verse 26, Jesus asked Martha, “‘Believest thou this?’”. Since Jesus is the Fountain of Life, the head and author of the resurrection, it brings peace to us knowing this and that He will be this to our loved ones when they pass on, and to us when it's our time to transition. As Christians and Believers, we should be confident in our spiritual life now AND in our future eternal life with our resurrected body. When we are, we can confidently answer the same as Martha.

I love you all. Please be healthy. Please be safe. Please stay in Christ, stay in prayer, and stay in faith! The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hello all.

It's the very last day of May. June is a less than 2 hours away, and that means that in 31 more days, half of this year will be over! WOW! Time has flown by!

So much is going on right now. I never thought that I'd be living during the times that Jesus spoke on in Matthew 24, never thought that I'd be alive to see pestilence during my lifetime, but here it is. And during this, we still have greed, corruption, and bigotry going on. With the deaths of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and George Floyd, my mind goes back to 1992, with the injustice that occurred back then at the hands of the police against our Black brothers; today, it's our sisters as well, and other people of color.

Always, I pray you are all well. But I'm praying special prayers to our Lord Jesus Christ for my brothers (again) and for their sons, grandsons, nephews, cousins, friends, neighbors. I trust our Lord, I know He still sits on the Throne; but I understand the protests and even understand the violence. I don't condemn violence, but I do understand it. I'm frustrated and angry and I'm tired of us having to be the ones who are "understanding", "peaceful", "patient". We tried that. It didn't work.

Here is my continuation of the "I AM" series. We look at #5 tonight. Enjoy!

Thank you for your steadfastness as it relates to sharing The Word.
Also...thank you for the prayers; they are needed...received...and appreciated.

I AM

The Resurrection & the Life
John 11: 25 (KJV)

In the emphasis verse, we find Jesus speaking to Martha. After receiving word that her brother, Lazarus, was sick, Jesus purposely delayed his visit to Bethany and remained in Bethabara (John 10:40, John 1:28) for 2 days. Jesus now says that He and His disciples are to, again, return to Judaea, and upon returning to Bethany, the Lord finds that Lazarus was dead and had been buried 4 days.

The motivation for John 11:25 is triggered by Martha. She knows of the Lord’s wisdom, truth, and compassion and has considered this with all sincerity and carefulness. Martha knows that whatever Jesus asks from God, it will be granted, so when Jesus tells her, “ ‘Thy brother shall rise again’,’”, she promptly answers, “ ‘Yes, I know he will in the resurrection, at the last day’ “.
Now we get to it.

Martha shows 2 sides of her faith. She shows belief in the Word (the ancient Jewish prophecies) concerning the resurrection; and yet, she shows somewhat of a disbelief of faith because the death of her brother still exists and brings her no comfort. So, Jesus says:

“‘I AM the Resurrection and the Life; he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die….’”-John 11:25-26 (KJV)​

Eternal life begins the moment we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as Lord and Savior of our lives. As He is the giver of life, Jesus is saying 2 things: in verse 25, He says that after your body dies, you’re still very much “alive” and can never die again because you will be given a new body from God. A resurrected body, much like Jesus’ that can never die again. Those who die in Christ shall be raised up with a glorious body that will never die again.

The second thing Jesus says (verse 26) is that upon our belief and acceptance of Jesus Christ, we are who are living don’t have to wait until death to be given eternal life. Jesus is the resurrection; He is the one who returns us to life, spiritual life. It is through Jesus that we are returned to the life that God created us to live so that we may experience the true life (truth, wisdom, love) He desires for us. We now have eternal life because we now have the Spirit of God living within us forever; this life will not depart from us.

At the end of verse 26, Jesus asked Martha, “‘Believest thou this?’”. Since Jesus is the Fountain of Life, the head and author of the resurrection, it brings peace to us knowing this and that He will be this to our loved ones when they pass on, and to us when it's our time to transition. As Christians and Believers, we should be confident in our spiritual life now AND in our future eternal life with our resurrected body. When we are, we can confidently answer the same as Martha.

I love you all. Please be healthy. Please be safe. Please stay in Christ, stay in prayer, and stay in faith! The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you!
Amen!

Back