Wondrous Wisdom from the Word: March 2020

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone. As always, I pray all is well with you and your families. I beg your forgiveness in not posting the WWW for February, but that month came upon me so fast. Every time I made an attempt to post, I was distracted by something else. I have been in prayer for my distractions and procrastination and lack of focus, and have asked God's forgiveness; I thank Him for His revelation and ask that you all pray that I am able to walk in His strength, wisdom, and guidance moving forward.

So, now, thank God we're in March, here on the 7th day! Here in Arkansas, signs of spring have begun, and the sun is out more. Rebirth, replenish, and regrowth is taking place, and I'm always in awe of God's mighty hand with His creation!

Here is the 4th "I AM". It's lengthy, but it's what the Holy Spirit revealed to me to share. I will post the 5th "I AM" later this month. Enjoy!

I AM

The Good Shepherd

John 10: 11,14

From an earlier post, it was stated that back in Biblical Israel days, sheep would be seen throughout the countryside roads, grazing and drinking at leisure, and at night they would enter the safety of a sheepfold. Normally, the owner of the sheep would be posted at the door to guard them from robbers and/or the attack of wild predators. Often, however, a hireling (hired hand) would be paid to watch over the owner’s flock. Keep that in mind as you read the following verse:

“And David said unto Saul, ‘Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion and a bear and took a lamb out of the flock. And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth. And when he rose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him AND slew him. Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear, and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defiled the armies of the Living God’ “- 1 Samuel 17: 34-36 (KJV)

Here we have David, a young boy somewhere between the ages of 10-15, recounting to Saul of his bravery and his ability to stand against the giant Goliath. He recounted when a lion came upon the flock and took a sheep, David went after him; an earlier time he did the same with a bear, and both times he delivered the lamb from each predator. He recounted further how he went beyond the duty of deliverer to that of protector, as proven when he struck and killed both the lion and bear when they rose against him.

Let’s fast forward 28 generations after David. We get to the long-awaited Messiah, Jesus the Christ. In the 10th Chapter of John, we find Jesus declaring Himself to be The Good Shepherd:

“‘I AM the Good Shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd whose own sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming and leaveth the sheep and fleeth. And the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth because he is an hireling and careth not for the sheep. I AM the Good Shepherd and know my sheep and am known of mine’ “- John 10: 11-14 (KJV)

The Pharisees were the religious leaders and teachers of ancient Israel. Because they were entrusted to teach the prophetic Scriptures and be an example in living in accordance to them, they were often likened to “shepherds”, with the people of Israel as “sheep”. Over time, however, the Pharisees became too pious, overtaken by their position and authority, leading them to fail in their true responsibilities to teach, protect, and feed the people of Israel. They were now “robbers” who no longer cared for Israel, but manipulated them to do what they wanted, using the law and Scripture out of context as an excuse to do so. And because they no longer cared, the sheep (people of Israel) were devoured by predators, taken up by idolatry and false teachings. The Pharisees’ role went from that of leader and teacher to that of a simple, less than mediocre hireling.

Now, let’s look at the comparison of David and Jesus. Both are of the tribe of Judah. Both were chosen by God. Both were overseers, deliverers, and protectors. But David, while proven to be most careful and tender of his father’s flock and most brave and bold enough in defense of them to the point of putting his life in danger, it was Jesus who GAVE His life for His Father’s flock. When he was anointed and finally began his rule, David was considered a shepherd king, but he was only a pre-figure to the ULTIMATE SHEPHERD-KING, Jesus Christ.

When Christians and Believers are called “sheep”, it is meant to insult our belief, faith, worship, and follow-ship of Jesus Christ. Sheep are considered to be dumb animals, so when that reference is made toward us (Christians/Believers) it is a weak attempt to mock our acceptance and profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who many, for whatever reason, refuse and/or fail to see and/or realize His existence. It is an attempt to lead us away from truth, wisdom, and knowledge. But sheep are smart enough to recognize their true owner (shepherd), and smart enough to know who isn’t! Sheep are also wise enough to know NOT to follow anyone who is NOT THEIR SHEPHERD!

We as Christians and Believers have been so tremendously blessed. We have a loving Father, who loves us so much that He sent us Jesus. We have Jesus, who loves us so much that He gave up riches and glory and came down to us and taught us the truth of our Father’s word. He shed Hs blood and gave His body for our sins. He delivered us from the snares of Satan, rebuked him, and struck him and bound him in chains to protect us. Jesus reconciled us back to God, putting us in good standing with Him, and adopted us into His family. He is THE EXAMPLE OF A TRUE, LOVING, CAPABLE, QUALIFIED, AND CERTIFIED SHEPHERD OF HIS FLOCK! We have the gift of the spirit of God, the Holy Spirit,who loves us so much that when the thieves and robbers and predators come at us through false teachings, He will bring to our remembrance the truth of God’s Word and will take us by the hand and lead us along the path of God’s righteousness. So, with this being the truth, I am happy and blessed to be a "sheep" because my Shepherd is the great I AM!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back