Wonderous Wisdom from the Word: January 2020

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone.

It’s a brand new day. A brand new month. A brand new year. A brand new decade. And we’re all still here!

I pray that same Grace that kept us through last year and carried us into 2020 will continue to sustain us! HAPPY NEW YEAR to the Prayer Forum Warriors!

I will return later throughout the month to conclude “The Seven ‘I AM’s’. This year, the monthly inspiration will be called WWW: the Wondrous Wisdom from the Word!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I AM
The Door-Part 1
(John 10: 7,9)​

The Ark was one of the most incredulous structures built during very ancient Biblical days. Made entirely of wood, the ark had 3 levels (stories), was about 450 feet long, 45 feet high, and 75 feet in width. It had several rooms, no doubt for Noah and his family, as well as for certain animals (size, width, height). But it only had one door. Everything that wanted to be saved had to come through that one door.

Years and years after the ark had accomplished its purpose, 2 angels came to the city of Sodom. On assignment from God, the angels were there to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because man’s sin was once again so great in the sight of the Lord. Lot, the nephew of Abraham, greeted these men as they entered the city and begged them to stay with him and his family. Recognizing him to be a man of good standard, they agreed and allowed Lot to take them in. After being a generous host to them, the household prepared for the night, but before anyone could go to sleep, the sinful men of Sodom surrounded Lot’s house. They had seen the 2 men enter the house, and because their sin had gotten so bold to the point unnaturalness and abominable wickedness, they wanted to engage in sex with them. Lot went out to plead them to leave his guests alone, even going so far as to offer his virgin daughters to the men. But again, because they were so bold in their sin, they told Lot they’d do worse to him than to his guests. The angels, however, heard what was happening and knew that Lot was in the path of danger. The angels put their hands outside, pulled Lot inside the house, and shut the door, locking out the evil men. So, for Lot to be safe indeed, from the evil intentions of the men and from the impending doom for Sodom, Lot had to be pulled through the door, into perfect and secure safety.

Now, what on earth does this have to do with Jesus Christ?

I AM
The Door-Part 2
(John 10: 7,9)

The 10th Chapter of the Gospel of John finds Jesus speaking metaphorically, particularly to the Pharisees; this was right after He had given sight to a man born blind. He uses the terms ‘sheep’, ‘robbers’, ‘thieves’, and ‘sheepfold’ to emphasize an important point not only about Salvation, but the way to Salvation. Because of their failure to see Jesus for who He was (the long-awaited Messiah), the pious Pharisees did not understand Him, driving Jesus to just say this, point-blank:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, I AM the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I AM the door; by me, if any enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in AND out, and find pasture,”-John 10: 7-9 (KJV)​

Jesus made a justified claim about Himself: the only way for the people of God to have guaranteed, soul-saving peace and happiness in God is through Him!

When Noah and his family and all the animals entered through the door of the ark and were safely inside, it was God that sealed it. When Lot stood on the outside of his house, in the direct path of evil men, it was the angels of God that pulled him inside to safety and sealed the door. The ark, as a symbol of Jesus, was the only secure place on the planet and it was God Himself who ensured that it was secure and safe. Lot’s house, as a symbol of Jesus, was the only secure place for him and it was God who ensured it was secure and safe.

There aren’t several paths we can take to Salvation, nor are there many doors that will lead us to God. There is only ONE door, ONE path: Jesus Christ. Qualified to be The Door, Jesus was sent to us by God to do the will of God. He has revealed to us how to come to Him and was specific in how that happens: through Jesus Christ. When we accepted Him as our Savior, not only were we accepted to Sonship (Ephesians 1:5), we received His divine revelation and were given insight and wisdom concerning His word. Therefore, our ears are attuned to His voice only, and will not hear or heed to the strange, itchy words spoken by those NOT of Him nor called by Him (thieves and robbers). We have guaranteed guidance through life because we hear Him when His Spirit calls to us and we follow Him.

The Door still stands open. Jesus Christ, the Door of Salvation, is open to all who want to come. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, rich, poor, male, female, educated or not, it doesn’t matter. But, according to the Gospel of Luke, that on the day the door is shut, Salvation can no longer be found. So, this day, walk through the Door and receive life, real life that results in an ever-lasting relationship with the Father. Jesus is the door to that life.

“One door, and only one
And yet its sides are two:
Inside and outside.
On which side are you?”

The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!

Back