Wireless Gateway Modem - Da Sperm, help!

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
C~, I know you're a geek so you can probably help me real good. :D

I have AT&T/Yahoo DSL Iinternet service and they sent me a wireless gateway modem to use, so that I can save $120 on getting a phone jack installed.

Well, my problem is I don't know how to get the "net" on both my PC and laptop. Should I have installed it on both computers first, before I can use it or what? I'll be calling their tech support tonight when I get home, but I figured you would know the answer too.

I only installed it on my laptop last night, but I'm still not getting an internet connection on my PC...help, please!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't have a wireless connection on your PC you will have to plug it in. You can go get you a USB wireless adapter and it should work also. When I moved into one of the empty bedrooms for my office I got one for my PC to connect to our wireless system since there was no connection in that room. You can get then at Frys real cheap. Real easy to install too, just load the software and connect into a usb slot on your pc and follow the directions.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If you don't have a wireless connection on your PC you will have to plug it in. You can go get you a USB wireless adapter and it should work also. When I moved into one of the empty bedrooms for my office I got one for my PC to connect to our wireless system since there was no connection in that room. You can get then at Frys real cheap. Real easy to install too, just load the software and connect into a usb slot on your pc and follow the directions.
ok, thank you...I have a wireless card for my laptop so I don't need to have the modem plugged into it, right?

ok, thank you...I have a wireless card for my laptop so I don't need to have the modem plugged into it, right?

Nope. But you can plug the modem into your desktop and that'll save you from having to buy the wireless adapter for the desktop. That is unless both of the computers aren't close to the outlet.

Nope. But you can plug the modem into your desktop and that'll save you from having to buy the wireless adapter for the desktop. That is unless both of the computers aren't close to the outlet.
yeah, that's my issue. My PC doesn't have an outlet close to it...it's in a room that has absolutely no phone jacks.

yeah, that's my issue. My PC doesn't have an outlet close to it...it's in a room that has absolutely no phone jacks.

Then yeah you will need a wireless adapter. They aren't very expensive. If you don't feel like buying one, I have one that I don't use anymore since i moved my desktop upstairs.

Then yeah you will need a wireless adapter. They aren't very expensive. If you don't feel like buying one, I have one that I don't use anymore since i moved my desktop upstairs.
oh wow, really? How much you want for it...I'll PM you.

Thank you,

C~, I know you're a geek so you can probably help me real good. :D

I have AT&T/Yahoo DSL Iinternet service and they sent me a wireless gateway modem to use, so that I can save $120 on getting a phone jack installed.

Well, my problem is I don't know how to get the "net" on both my PC and laptop. Should I have installed it on both computers first, before I can use it or what? I'll be calling their tech support tonight when I get home, but I figured you would know the answer too.

I only installed it on my laptop last night, but I'm still not getting an internet connection on my PC...help, please!!!!!!!!!!

They sent you one for free? They told me that I had to order one from them or purchase it from Best Buy for $89. I'm seriously considering it because wireless on a laptop is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else have wireless or am I still in the stone age with a LAN line modem?

Back