Willie Hayes resigns as AAMU basketball coach

Coaching just didn't work out he is still one of the best to play on the HILL. But remember once a BULLDOG always a BULLDOG.

The question is where do we go from here! I don't care what anyone says Jack Doss should get a shot!

If I was Jack Doss, I would tell AAMU to kill my whole white ass.... AAMU folks dont want a white coach.... he wanted the job last time.... ALL he did after that was get 3 back to back to back state championships, was head coach of McDonalds All American game and schedule games in Hawaii and all over the country... Doss wanted the job so bad, he said he would resign if he didnt win a championship in the first 3 years.... still never got an interview. Mae Jemison High averages way more fans that AAMU does in Elmore AND plays in a better facility....

Posted this on Facebook:

1. Most who read this or should I say who care about this are of the AAMU family so these words are directed to “the family:” Willie Hayes resigned his position as Head
  2. Coach of AAMU and it seems that many people have many opinions about his resignation. And while it seems that most only see the wins and losses when determining a coach’s success, there are layers to this that need to be peeled back. And yes I get it, coaching is about winning. But what about when you’re not give...n the tools to be successful and still held to that same win/loss standard. Always behind the 8 ball; Always being dealt to from the bottom of a stacked deck- I’m speaking on internal forces and not so much externally. Most people speak from their perspective and if that perspective is limited nonetheless that’s what they speak from. Here’s another nugget for you, how about the dilapidated facility that the basketball team plays in. Recruits are hard to get after visits and after they see the facilities of other schools they sign elsewhere. The players that we do get seem to be development projects that in the end may or may not pan out, mostly the latter. Other(SWAC) schools have athletic friendly administrations that assist it’s sports programs when it comes to signing recruits. One SWAC school , that consistently wins the SWAC tourney, has programs to aid in the recruiting process in that it allows players to sign out of juco with lower standards than AAMU. Forming a pipeline for players to that particular school. That same school has had the last 5 or 6 SWAC players of the year in a row. They also have an excellent facility to aid in the recruitment of players. No, I’m not advocating that we lower our standards but if you’re competing for players surely something can be done. Has it even been discussed to see if something can be done?? It seems that we are forever asked to do more with less and even then all anyone talks about are the wins and losses. And since most are into the win/loss “number”, I have another number for you………. $4000- the recruiting budget. As a matter of fact the number is less than $4000. I have more numbers but I’ll stop there. Don’t get it twisted, Hayes was a soldier for AAMU. Hayes loves basketball. Hayes loved playing and coaching for AAMU. But most of all he loves AAMU……..And so do I!!!!!

One SWAC school , that consistently wins the SWAC tourney, has programs to aid in the recruiting process in that it allows players to sign out of juco with lower standards than AAMU.

What standards are different at Texas Southern than those at A&M? How do those standards compare with NCAA eligibility standards?

ok... I understand Hayes is your friend... I also loved him as a player. You are TOO emotional ... this is a business nothing personal ...My own uncle was a candidate for the job and I didn't want him to get it... I want to win... I don't care about none of that other bs.

ok... I understand Hayes is your friend... I also loved him as a player. You are TOO emotional ... this is a business nothing personal ...My own uncle was a candidate for the job and I didn't want him to get it... I want to win... I don't care about none of that other bs.

This is what it's going to take to start winning again. Folks have to stop wanting to use the university for their friends personal gain and do what's best for the school and the students.

AAMU is not a charitable organization!

Posted this on Facebook:

1. Most who read this or should I say who care about this are of the AAMU family so these words are directed to “the family:” Willie Hayes resigned his position as Head
  2. Coach of AAMU and it seems that many people have many opinions about his resignation. And while it seems that most only see the wins and losses when determining a coach’s success, there are layers to this that need to be peeled back. And yes I get it, coaching is about winning. But what about when you’re not give...n the tools to be successful and still held to that same win/loss standard. Always behind the 8 ball; Always being dealt to from the bottom of a stacked deck- I’m speaking on internal forces and not so much externally. Most people speak from their perspective and if that perspective is limited nonetheless that’s what they speak from. Here’s another nugget for you, how about the dilapidated facility that the basketball team plays in. Recruits are hard to get after visits and after they see the facilities of other schools they sign elsewhere. The players that we do get seem to be development projects that in the end may or may not pan out, mostly the latter. Other(SWAC) schools have athletic friendly administrations that assist it’s sports programs when it comes to signing recruits. One SWAC school , that consistently wins the SWAC tourney, has programs to aid in the recruiting process in that it allows players to sign out of juco with lower standards than AAMU. Forming a pipeline for players to that particular school. That same school has had the last 5 or 6 SWAC players of the year in a row. They also have an excellent facility to aid in the recruitment of players. No, I’m not advocating that we lower our standards but if you’re competing for players surely something can be done. Has it even been discussed to see if something can be done?? It seems that we are forever asked to do more with less and even then all anyone talks about are the wins and losses. And since most are into the win/loss “number”, I have another number for you………. $4000- the recruiting budget. As a matter of fact the number is less than $4000. I have more numbers but I’ll stop there. Don’t get it twisted, Hayes was a soldier for AAMU. Hayes loves basketball. Hayes loved playing and coaching for AAMU. But most of all he loves AAMU……..And so do I!!!!!
Hayes should have been gone before now. Hayes has had the talent and could not win so stop crying and hopefully we can get a winning coach.the facilities definitely need an upgrade but I don't think Hayes could win either way.

Hayes should have been gone before now. Hayes has had the talent and could not win so stop crying and hopefully we can get a winning coach.the facilities definitely need an upgrade but I don't think Hayes could win either way.

Thank you.

We need a new arena, but Elmore isn't why we're losing. That's a false talking narrative propogated by the buddy system folks. It didnt stop us from getting Mike Davis, Mike Ford, Obie Trotter, Mickell Gladness, Casey Canty, Jeremy Crutcher, Rakiyah Battle, Ladarius Tabb, De'Edrick Petty, Tracy Burnett and Evan Wiley.

this is a business nothing personal ..... I want to win... I don't care about none of that other bs.

THIS is my thought about PV since I "woke up" from that purple/gold slumber as a purple/gold shades wearing "PV fan" many years ago. I'm sure I cause certain PV folks under my voice to feel a certain way when I speak honestly about their "coach(es)/pitiful athl director" subpar and avg performance, but the truth hurts. PV should be dominating the SWAC and OOC competitivity w/ all the afforded HS talent in Texas. WTF are we doing going all the way to NY/California for not one football player but 2? smgdh Ditto for basketball. 3 of the top 18 guards for 2018 are w/in a 42 minute drive of your front door and you don't contact them? (I VERIFIED WITH 2 OF THEM and as SOON as I see that 3rd one, I'll ask him to his face like I did the other 2, "did ANYONE from PV contact you about potentially playing bball?" )

Last edited:
Its so bad for us right now that I dont care about local players.... give me somebody who is make us win. I dont care if he from Mexico

Its so bad for us right now that I dont care about local players.... give me somebody who is make us win. I dont care if he from Mexico

There's enough local talent to make every entity better, if not competitive. Look @ your closet D-I school for reference. Check their roster.

I dont want any local coach or someone with ties to A&M. They end up owing too many favors and you cant fire them. If Hayes had won 7 or more games, he would be back next year.

I want a complete stranger that can win right away

AAMU has to hire Doss at this point knowing he will retire soon. He has the name that outweighs and old gym. He has the connections that can overcome recent losing seasons. He has winning history to make it an easy choice.

AAMU has to hire Doss at this point knowing he will retire soon. He has the name that outweighs and old gym. He has the connections that can overcome recent losing seasons. He has winning history to make it an easy choice.
My point exactly. He is the quick fix to win and get outside money into a broke program. Unfortunately this is not what folks in Huntsville see.

My point exactly. He is the quick fix to win and get outside money into a broke program. Unfortunately this is not what folks in Huntsville see.

Chuck Person could raise more money that Jack Doss, but they won't call him either.

He's assistant at Auburn now. Still has connections to the NBA.

But we're stuck on being small time

One thing people don't know about Alabama A&M and State as recruiting goes. The state of Alabama will pay the cost of 500 students per year from Alabama community colleges to attend only State and A&M. Yes that is correct at any one period in the year 250 students that have graduated from an Alabama JUCO can get their (junior and senior)tuition paid for by the state if they attend one of those two schools only. First come first serve. Why would the athletic departments of the Bulldogs and hornets not use that as a way to offer 100% scholarships to prominent rising juniors?
Individual Offense Leaders
POINTS PER GAME #
J Hamilton
Enterprise State Community College 20.8
D Addie
Southern Union State Community College 19.9
D Kinchen
Alabama Southern Community College 19.5
J Hill
Gadsden State Community College 18.4
K Spearman
Alabama Southern Community College 18.1
Complete leaders
REBOUNDS PER GAME #
T Wright
Bishop State Community College 11.0
Z Jackson
Wallace Community College-Selma 9.5
T White
Chattahoochee Valley Community College 8.6
K Brown
Faulkner State Community College 7.5
C Tripp
Marion Military Institute 7.2
Complete leaders
FG PCT #
T Clayton
Shelton State Community College 70.8
D Dozier
Faulkner State Community College 68.6
C Tripp
Marion Military Institute 60.5
Z Jackson
Wallace Community College-Selma 59.2
C Bell
Marion Military Institute 59.0
Complete leaders
3PT PCT #
T Glover
Bishop State Community College 46.4
A Howard
Alabama Southern Community College 45.9
D White
Lurleen B. Wallace Community College 45.2
D Kinchen
Alabama Southern Community College 45.0
A JOHNSON
Lawson State Community College 44.5
Complete leaders
this is just men's basketball

One thing people don't know about Alabama A&M and State as recruiting goes. The state of Alabama will pay the cost of 500 students per year from Alabama community colleges to attend only State and A&M. Yes that is correct at any one period in the year 250 students that have graduated from an Alabama JUCO can get their (junior and senior)tuition paid for by the state if they attend one of those two schools only. First come first serve.

Can you provide more information on this?

Posted this on Facebook:

AGREE....also please understand that the there is quite a bit of Trump reasoning and alternate statements incorporated in some of these posts.

The question is where do we go from here! I don't care what anyone says Jack Doss should get a shot!
He will never get a shot if he does not follow the procedure and submit an application.....He has never Applied to AAMU for the Head Bball coaching Job.

AGREE....also please understand that the there is quite a bit of Trump reasoning and alternate statements incorporated in some of these posts.

Going back to @oldgymlgnd points... we could have won more games this year. Everything isn't on the fault of the pres/BOT/AD. Hayes shared some blame. I've all but given up on this administration providing what a coach needs. They are going to hire the candidate they can lowball, shortchange and control, and nothing will change.

Back