Will you avoid Matrix 2 if Aaliyah's scenes are deleted?

JSU*Toi

Will you avoid Matrix 2 if Aaliyah's scenes are deleted?

There is an online petition... and it has 22,147 people on it already. And most if not all of them said Yes they would avoid the movie.

What would you do... I think if they cut her part they should add her screens at the end on the DVD so you can still see her.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yes She did

Yes she did.

She had started shooting a couple opening sceens. But the buke of her sceens were to be filmed when she got back from her video shoot...

Per WB she had shot like 3 or 4 sceens.

Well to answer the question, they should delete her scenes. her part isnt complete. they cant be expected to make a movie with only a small portion of the scenes in there... it wouldnt make sense.

I could care less if her scenes were all shot. If they deleted them out, it wouldn't factor into whether or not I would rent it. I said "rent" cause I damn sho ain't going to the theater to see it. Don't matter who's in it.

I'm going to see both of them when they come out whether she's in it or not. It's only for entertainment purposes only, she can't be made a martyr for entertaining. She didn't reach superstardom status either....well not in my eye.

These folks did more

I heard somewhere that the scenes were deleted at the request of the family since they were gonna have to use a fill in actress. I emember when Brandon Lee died filming the crow and they had to use a fill in. Im still gonna go see it regardless. I just wonder how many of those 22,147 people that signed the petition ever participated in signing anything of substance....like voting, or signing a petition for a bond issue that would help their community.

Here's my take on the Aaliyah situation...

Those who really know me knew that I was one of Aaliyah's biggest fans. I think that I took the news of her death almost as hard as her family. I told one of my friends several times that if I ever met her, the first words out of my mouth probably would have been something along the lines of proposing!! :D

*dusting off the soapbox*

But, I am tired of all this Aaliyah this and Aaliyah that!! I loved her like the rest of her fans did, but enough is enough!! I think that the only people who should still be hurt at this point are her family, close friends, and her fiancee' (Rocafella's Damon Dash). All this stuff about boycotting movies if her scenes aren't in it and all that stuff is a dayum shame!! I'm tired of seeing these Aaliyah tributes on the internet. I'm tired of seeing her video at the number 1 spot on <b>BET's 106 and Park</b> (thankfully that's over, I hope)!! Everybody needs to move on with their lives she is in a better place. She doesn't have to worry about the stuff we have been faced with since September 11.
Her passing was tragic. Granted her life was cut short but all of these people who are still grieving like they were part of her immediate family need to move on!! If they have to have their fix of Aaliyah, <b>rent "Romeo Must Die", go see "Queen of the Damned" when it comes out, buy her CDs, or record her videos so you can watch them over and over again!!</b>

The family is trying to move on, why can't the fans?!?! They weren't around her for 21 years, so stop acting like yall played freeze tag together every summer!!

I'm finished now!! <b>Next!!!</b>

Re: Here's my take on the Aaliyah situation...

Originally posted by Antroy

I'm tired of seeing her video at the number 1 spot on <b>BET's 106 and Park</b> (thankfully that's over, I hope)!!

http://www.csun.edu/~nrr56642/aaliyahmore.asx

The More than a Woman video is tighter than Rock the Boat... Its gonna be #1 for a minute when it drops in February. Thankfully there will be soomething to knock lil bow wow out the top spot.

I am going to see it. They should mention her in the movie, maybe in the credits a RIP, but if she didn't film that much then I am sure the movie will be what it was intends to be.
Too bad I have to work all day...

I forgot to mention....

<b>Yes indeed I'm still going to see the Matrix 2!! Jet Li is supposed to be in it!! It should be tight as "L" if he's in it!!!</b>

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
I emember when Brandon Lee died filming the crow and they had to use a fill in.

There's a big difference when you are the star of the movie and not just a supporting cast member. When the incident happened with Brandon Lee the movie was basically done. The shooting scene was the last big part of the movie, everything else was just touch ups. They used a stand-in for those.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back