Will SWAC Football in 2015 Be In Its "Playstation" Form?

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
I'm reading all the various predications for the SWAC East and SWAC West. Should be some good football this upcoming season.

I am starting to notice a trend however. Nearly every team will have a mediocre to high-powered offense. Alcorn will have Offense. JSU will have Offense. SU will have Offense. Grambling will have Offense. Spady is an Offensive Minded Coach. Valley will have a lot of returning offensive players. Simmons at PV has an offensive background. Asberry lost his top DB to the NFL Draft etc.

Are we about to see a return to "The Playstation"?

Defenses across college football suck arse now. Its not a SWAC thing.

True most teams in college football are playing a bend don't break defense, trying to cause more turnovers then actually stop offenses, and what I mean by that is a gamble defense set up to make more plays instead of playing solid discipline defense letting the plays come to you

Defenses across college football suck arse now. Its not a SWAC thing.
Preach. It's the fact the we are HBCU's that draws negative attention and brainwashes our own people. We also have so many fans who don't pay much attention to other FCS conferences until they believe every negative thing they hear about our conference. Yes, our conference has its F ups, but we don't have the worst football programs like the FCS polls and other ignorant folks like to proclaim.

If the SWAC schools would do a better job of scheduling other FCS foe like Drake, Robert Morris, VMI, Murry State, Butler, Valparaiso, Missouri State, Lehigh, Georgetown, UC Davis, The Citadel, Weber State, Elon, Austin Peay, Davidson, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, Furman or Colgate, I would expect to see a better non conference record out of the SWAC. The bottom 2 teams from the SWAC East or West would beat at least 75% of those teams. Nobody talks about their defenses and the fact that they see bad numbers every game. Those teams often get creamed by weaker FBS programs that we see the SWAC take om as well. I can't tell ya'll how many times I have seen garbage MAC programs trash those types of teams. However, we are the ones getting highlight reels of Big 12 teams and others killing us.

I covered the Oklahoma-Tulsa game today and both teams had over 600 yards of offense. Oklahoma had 773.

Tulsa has arguably the best pair of WRs in the country. Those guys are legit NFL prospects.

From what I've seen these teams are running these hurry up offenses, getting the ball out quick and not giving any time for defenses to make too many adjustments.

Back