Will SU football make their interim coach permanent?

room something GIF

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nice knowing you rollins. Can't lose both Texas schools, famu, and jsu in the same season and stay employed. SU believe if they not in the conversation they need to get them a coach that will get them in that conversation.
Right, they need to move on from him and just get some fresh blood. They don't like mediocre and losing to PVU and TXSU doesn't sit well with them especially since they have been beating the consistently the last decade. Those games basically cost them chances to win the SWAC West.

It's rarely a talent issue with SU. Rollins is a extension of Odums and we want to put that behind us. I pass first coach with a offensive mind to go with the SWAC's best running game will put us back in the hunt. The portal will help on the defensive side as well. If you watched the J-State game you know the talent is there.

It's rarely a talent issue with SU. Rollins is a extension of Odums and we want to put that behind us. I pass first coach with a offensive mind to go with the SWAC's best running game will put us back in the hunt. The portal will help on the defensive side as well. If you watched the J-State game you know the talent is there.
Y’all need a qb … and I’ve watched that fcs all-American d - end of yours regress within a year….

Y’all need a qb … and I’ve watched that fcs all-American d - end of yours regress within a year….
In Jordan’s defense, he’s been broken up all season. However, they should’ve been put some meat on his bones.

On the QB side, we currently have a kid from Georgia committed, and this logjam at QB is done after the season. Kid from Destrehan should go into spring practice as the No. 1.

I’m with y’all man , but the odoms coaching tree didn't developed either. You guys got gems that flourished under a elite level executed scheme. I watched Skelton never get better.. defensive secondary that went from elite to shaky behind what I would argue on paper was a top 3 front 7 in the swac. SU is missing that culture, that smash mouth we doing the punching and not waiting to receive that punch culture. I wish you all luck in your coaching hire. Stay open minded. The conference is getting better top to bottom… txsu is a o line and a few pieces on defense away from contending out west, grambling wont be down long, and Dooley will always have a solid team. This is a pivotal point in SU football history.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Everybody is broken up this time of year. This is when you see who really had depth and those that didn't.
True. Jordan’s missed multiple games. DT Davin Cotton’s missed games.
But in Jordan’s case, didn’t think we did a good job of bulking him up and helping make him more durable.

In Jordan’s defense, he’s been broken up all season. However, they should’ve been put some meat on his bones.

On the QB side, we currently have a kid from Georgia committed, and this logjam at QB is done after the season. Kid from Destrehan should go into spring practice as the No. 1.
Hell no he ain’t 😂😂😂😂. John and Lampley are juniors on the field. I very seriously doubt Blood will ever play a down lol.

Hell no he ain’t 😂😂😂😂. John and Lampley are juniors on the field. I very seriously doubt Blood will ever play a down lol.

said should … not will be … don’t know what’s gonna happen when the new coach rolls and what happens the week after the season ends LOL

Bra I go to practice sometimes. Ummm no, I will leave it at that . The walkon Booney is ahead of Blood.
… and one, or both, could be on that portal when the new coach shows up.

Gonna be some roster questions going into the signing periods and spring practice.

Call me before you put them in the portal - especially if their impact players - lol - I can find them a happy home - lol.

I used to tell you folks on here decades ago this day is coming. The talent gap is gone in the SWAC at places where folks assume talent is supposed to come just cause of the name. And it seems like everyone in the SWAC is using Louisiana coaches to recruit so that makes it worse and the migration to Texas didn't help cause the kids don't develop that die-hard SWAC mentality.

And to make matters worse our SWAC offspring from those places didn't follow the parents for whatever reasons which helped accelerate the process.

… and one, or both, could be on that portal when the new coach shows up.

Gonna be some roster questions going into the signing periods and spring practice.

What ever the case and who ever is coaching, the position needs to be open and may the best player win. If that means someone on the current roster, they should distinguish themselves.

Back