Will Chicago ever get it together?

First, does Chicago have a strong mayor form of governance or a weak form? It if is weak, Chicago might be a lost cause. It will take at least two to three mayors or a mayor with successive terms to bring order to the city. Some unpopular decisions with the power structure their will have to be made.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Solutions? Those will make white people mad because that would involve investing as much in black people as white people.

Point??? Make them mad. Make everybody mad.

Especially those in BLM who think looting and killing each other fine.

Because when white folks really get tired.... it won't end pretty.

Solutions? Those will make white people mad because that would involve investing as much in black people as white people.

So fucking what!!! Lemme give you an example. I was offered to buy some land in Ruston but refused and purchased land in Grambling to build my home. I spoke to at least 8 contractors until I found the right black one. I purchased my land from a black lady.

My point...the band director of Grambling bought a house in Ruston, a number of the VPs live in Ruston....a number of professors... not me....I prefer making my community better and not worrying about how white folks or black folk feel.

I hope he was referring to white power brokers.

The difference between the White power brokers and those working in law enforcement is that the power brokers are the ones making the decisions whereas the decisions that are made keep their White attack dogs employed as police and correctional officers. Basically, it's a continuation of slavery on some plantation, where the slave owners stayed in the house while White CRACKERS worked the fields by cracking their whips in order to make our ancestors work hard. It was once a longstanding policy of former LAPD Police Chief William Parker to hire White Southerners as police officers to deal with Los Angeles growing Black population. IMO, White police officers who live outside of the communities they serve are WELFARE recipients of the White power brokers via jobs that are STRICTLY tax funded. The police budget in my hometown (Alexandria, LA) is more than 25% of the entire City budget with a majority White police staff serving a City with a majority Black population. My hometown is no different than most cities in the South.

Last edited:
Your response is part of the problem (status quo). Everyone knows what the problems are. What are the solutions, who is responsible and how to execute are the answers needed. As I stated earlier, sure some of the problems have been created by a WEAK city government which hasn't been prudent (common knowledge). Sure they need more commerce as I stated (common knowledge). Hell yes, they need boots on the streets and stop those thugs from running roughshod. While I'll agree it will never be crimeless, that hot mess needs to be mitigated. If Chicago cannot commit and don't have the moral authority to resolve their issues, someone else needs to go in and do it for them. BTW, if you think the feds can't end that tihs in Chicago, you're naive. However, we may not like the way it's done.

How is my response part of the problem? I'm from Chicago and have seen it growing up and know the politics involved.

Chicago is a big union town and they control a lot of what's going on in it. They protect their turf and keep the money in their pockets. You can see the difference in the areas that stay safe. Gentrification is going strong also in Chicago where all the white folks that moved to the suburbs are now moving in areas that were black as the black people were pushed out of those areas.
Even though the big projects (Stateway Gardens, Robert Taylor and others) were a gang bangers haven, when they demolished them they had no place for all those people (low income) to move to and that in itself created more problems.

I stand by my statement that the feds can't do a dam thing in Chicago but get in the way if they came in and wanted to muscle those folks.

So Kendrick tell me something....a person works and decides to buy property and open a store. What right does anyone have to burn it down? That’s wrong on so many levels. Where is all this outrage when black people kill each other?

Where is the outrage when white people kill each other?

Chicago definitely needs a refined economic development plan to mitigate its poverty rate. There is a myriad of problems that need to be addressed. A monolithic answer to their problems doesn't exist.

This is so true...

How is my response part of the problem? I'm from Chicago and have seen it growing up and know the politics involved.

Chicago is a big union town and they control a lot of what's going on in it. They protect their turf and keep the money in their pockets. You can see the difference in the areas that stay safe. Gentrification is going strong also in Chicago where all the white folks that moved to the suburbs are now moving in areas that were black as the black people were pushed out of those areas.
Even though the big projects (Stateway Gardens, Robert Taylor and others) were a gang bangers haven, when they demolished them they had no place for all those people (low income) to move to and that in itself created more problems.

I stand by my statement that the feds can't do a dam thing in Chicago but get in the way if they came in and wanted to muscle those folks.

Where is the outrage when white people kill each other?

This is so true...

It doesn't matter where you're from. Your helpless no solution, visionless mindset is part of the problem (reminds me of the folks that are running Chicago). Where there is no vision, the people shall perish. Gentrification occurs all over America. If white on white crime is a problem to the extent it is in Chicago anywhere in America, my recommendations would be the same. We certainly have a difference in opinion relating to whether Chi crime can be mitigated by assistance from the Feds, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Having said the aforementioned, I will state again, that is NOT the only solution to mitigate the issues that precipitate their problems and it must be multi-faceted (i.e. refined economic development). Let's hope Chicago can get their shit together across the board relating to their impoverished residence.....

Here's a great PBS video about racist laws in U.S. I've always said Donald Trump was the backlash of uneducated White folks who saw their jobs being eliminated due to President Obama's rollback on unfair drug laws, which were established during the Reagan Era. President Obama's justice reform policies economically hurt a lot of uneducated White folks who's jobs depended on those unfair drug laws, such as police and correctional officers or jobs that don't require a college degree. Also, this video points out that an increase in policing will more than likely enhance the problem instead of fixing it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFebp7GZeHY

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This documentary by Netflix pretty much explains why there were so much backlash from White folks after President Obama, which led them to vote for Donald Trump who is blatantly ignorant and racist. Maybe President Obama was too aggressive in trying to balance the scales of justice. I'm sure some would say he wasn't aggressive enough. Either way, White people will angrily react once they sense the slightest bit of economic control being taking away from them, even if that control is part of an immoral system. What got Obama elected to two terms in office, he had the ability to galvanize enough votes from all sectors of the population, which Hillary Clinton did not.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krfcq5pF8u8

I don't advocate it, but if the federal government goes in to Chicago, they need a full plan first and not just to bust heads or try out some new weapons.

So....what I'm gathering is that Chicago is a lost cause at this point?

Not really, but adding more fuel to the fire by using more aggressive police tactics is definitely not the clear answer. The 1992 Riots in Los Angeles serves as a prime example of that. The only solution for cities like Chicago is through genuine economic development projects, such as infrastructure improvement projects. These projects not only improve an area's economic situation, but they also enhance the quality of life for most while creating more jobs with a meanful purpose.

Like the old racist White dude stated in the video below at 34:20 minute mark just before the Simi Valley verdict was read, "the police is THEIR frontline of holding back the jungle" and he was dead serious.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaotkHlHJwo&t=166s

Last edited:
Mayor calls Chicago looting 'a planned attack'

"When people showed up on Michigan Avenue in the downtown area with U-Haul trucks and cargo vans, and sophisticated equipment used to cut metal, and the methods that were used, and how quickly it got spun up ... that wasn't any spontaneous reaction," Lightfoot told Time magazine in an interview published Wednesday.

She added: "To be sure, there are people that did join in that were motivated by lots of different reasons, and certainly were motivated by social media posts encouraging people to come downtown. But the core of what happened - that's organized criminal activity ... It was a planned attack."

I'm not prone to conspiracy thinking, and usually I'm amused by those that are, however, the words spoken by Chicago's mayor in reference to the recent looting and rioting has roused my suspicion about any law enforcement help from the federal government right now.

Chicago don't fall for the trap. You all are being set-up. A dry run was purposely done on Portland so shouts of racism from your citizens and around the nation would seem meritless given that Portland is nearly 80% white.

The idea of bringing in the Feds at this moment feeds right into Trump's campaign mess of being a law and order president. In other words the suggestion is by design and not a sincere effort to bring order and calm to your city as it should be.

If you want Fed help wait until January 2021 to ask for it.

I'm not prone to conspiracy thinking, and usually I'm amused by those that are, however, the words spoken by Chicago's mayor in reference to the recent looting and rioting has roused my suspicion about any law enforcement help from the federal government right now.

Chicago don't fall for the trap. You all are being set-up. A dry run was purposely done on Portland so shouts of racism from your citizens and around the nation would seem meritless given that Portland is nearly 80% white.

The idea of bringing in the Feds at this moment feeds right into Trump's campaign mess of being a law and order president. In other words the suggestion is by design and not a sincere effort to bring order and calm to your city as it should be.

If you want Fed help wait until January 2021 to ask for it.

And even before the Feds are sent in to help restore law and order, there needs to be a plan to economically revitalize Chicago, which is similar to the way the United States revitalized Japan after WWII. Aggressive police tactics should only serve as a short term solution for high crime areas and not as a life long practice to justify the employment of more police officers.

Back